5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully annoying for kids!
Published on April 17, 2007 by Peter Hyatt

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't stomach this vid!
Get to the point, already! This guy just talks and talks, taking forever to get the actual lessons. My son does not have the patience to watch this video, and he really gets into watching bands play. He absolutely loves the drums, but this is not at all holding his interest. Though he's young, I think he'd prefer to watch a drumming video that's targeted to adults.
Published on January 24, 2008 by D. Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully annoying for kids!, April 17, 2007
Peter Hyatt (Orrington, Maine) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DVD-Drumming For Kids (DVD)
This is an excellent DVD to get your youngster (6-10 years old...mine is starting at 5) started on the drums. Do not go out and purchase an expensive drum set. Buy some sticks and a practice pad. The "Zuchini Brothers" have engaging and outgoing personalities that kids love. The lessos start very basic, and are best done with short segments, practice inbetween, and lots of rewards (kids love stickers). Keep a notebook with lots of praise. When your child completes the lessons, and has a real love for drums, it may be time to purchase that first piece, or junior set. Lots of silly faces, expressions, and laughter, all while a 3 piece talented band plays catchy tunes that kids love. "You are what you eat" and other such songs keep your child's interest. A great job done by the producers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't stomach this vid!, January 24, 2008
This review is from: DVD-Drumming For Kids (DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Musicianship good, not best for holding young one's interest, March 22, 2011
This review is from: DVD-Drumming For Kids (DVD)
Our son was 3&1/2 when he received this for Christmas. I have to agree with most of the reviews here. It's kind of mixed. I am a certified public school music teacher, and I found the instruction was very good for young children. However, my son watched for 10 minutes and lost interest. He loves drumming, but I think this was too wordy for someone his age. An older child that can concentrate longer, about 7 or so, might enjoy it if they didn't think it's too corny. I do agree that the look of the studio & clothing is outdated, but the songs are cute. I think it's too long for someone under 8 years, unless you let them watch a few minutes at a time and then take breaks inbetween to practice (I wouldn't try that in one day; maybe break it up into several days). I did this with my son and I think my hands were crossed by the end of the video! I did like how they make it easy enough for anyone to play, regardless of if you have a drumset or not. In a nutshell, this isn't too bad for a young child, but you may want to look around and see if there's something a little better for preschoolers (though I don't know that there's that much out there on drumming for that age group).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD for kids, January 24, 2008
J. Crider (Noblesville, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DVD-Drumming For Kids (DVD)
I bought this for my nephew's 3rd birthday and he has watched it about 100 times. Unfortunately he's too young for private instruction, but he has always been obsessed with drums, and he's got great timing so far!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, March 16, 2010
CJA (Frisco, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DVD-Drumming For Kids (DVD)
I'm not really sure how to review this item. I'll do the cons first: It's definitely dated. The production qualities are not the best, and although it says it's geared to younger would-be drummers, I think 7+ would actually be more accurate. My 5 y/o was so excited about getting this DVD to use with his drum kit, but never made it past the first 15 minutes. I think an older child (like 9+) might find it too corny to the point of babyishness, but maybe not.

The plus side isn't really a plus--it seems to be the only one out there. Hopefully your little drummer will find it more engaging than mine did because the material they present is sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drumming for kids... Not just for Kids!, January 18, 2008
Juan De Dios Diaz (Mexicali, BC, Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DVD-Drumming For Kids (DVD)
Excellent video... It takes you step by step from the very beginning... They even teach you how to manage and take the sticks... It was made for kids... but everyone can start from there...

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, January 16, 2011
This review is from: DVD-Drumming For Kids (DVD)
Video is ok. Bought for my 4 year old to watch while he "played" his first drumset, but it didn't really hold his or my interest. Would be better suited for a child a little older. I like that the guys are silly on the dvd and making it fun for the kids, but it's also kind of corny and looks outdated. Maybe in a year or two my son will like it better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best video for a 6 year old, December 26, 2013
This review is from: DVD-Drumming For Kids (DVD)
My son watched about 5 minutes of this before he was uninterested in it. It looks very outdated and the song wasn't too ear catching, which could be the cause of the lack of interest.

3.0 out of 5 stars a start, June 11, 2013
This review is from: DVD-Drumming For Kids (DVD)
This product is great! It has kept my 6 year olds attention and given him a start at learning how to play drums.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very slow, January 4, 2013
This review is from: DVD-Drumming For Kids (DVD)
I bought this for my son and he loves music especially drums it kept his attention for about 10-15 min I was really hoping he would like this

DVD-Drumming For Kids
DVD-Drumming For Kids by Happy Traum (DVD - 2004)
$19.95 $15.78