Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 19, 2011 8:01:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2011 5:55:30 AM PDT
Stetchnik says:
I've had problems with two Doctor Who sets now, and I'm finding it extremely frustrating. Season 3 froze about half way through as did Season 4. I watched both through a very new PlayStation 3 (basically a blu-ray player), purchased each through different people (a small business through Amazon and Wal-Mart). Neither would work for those frozen episodes on other players (my computer nor my regular DVD player). Is this a common issue with these BBC products these days?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012 11:50:05 AM PST
JimmyT says:
Hi Stetchnik,
I recently purchased Season 4 of the Big Bang Theory here on Amazon and while 2 discs play just fine--like all the discs from the first 3 seasons--the 3rd disc is spit out of the DVD player every time. We also have a bunch of Dr. Who sets--no problem. We have dozens of other DVDs and also have Netflicks. The only time the player has a problem is if there is a noticeable scratch on the disc.

On the defective set, above, I wrote to the seller and he sent me a whole new set of discs. Same problem with the 3rd disc. We can play it through our laptop connected to the TV but, what a hassle. My husband and son say it must be a manufacturing error and the vendor told me he got the 2 sets from the same source.

So, especially if you have other sets of Dr. Who, I don't think it's the BBC's fault. I don't know if there are tiny differences in how certain discs are formatted such that they won't work in all DVD players.

I think every time we run across defects like this, we should send them back to the manufacturer. No matter if there's a "no returns" policy, defective merchandise must be replaced or refunded by the seller unless it's sold "as is." With enough complaints and losing money, this'll be the manufacturors' job to fix. HTH.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jul 19, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who: The Complete Fourth Series
Doctor Who: The Complete Fourth Series by David Tennant (DVD - 2008)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (799)