Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 26, 2010 7:00:56 PM PDT
Clash of the Titans (Keepcase)

Does this new release offer a better picture quality than that one from 2004? Or is the same quality?

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 4:59:17 AM PDT
The keepcase version has been re-mastered. However, some of the scenes, particularly those featuring the animations are faded and grainy looking. Other parts are near high definition quality. For the price, I would recommend purchasing this version if you don't want to pay extra for the Blu-ray. It looks really quite good when played on a Blu-ray player.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2010 8:46:38 AM PDT
Hi, Sheila, yes, my goal is to get one of the DVD versions, but I was reading some of the customer reviews and they mentioned the quality of the DVD transfer from the 2004 version, but no one tells about the 2010 version. Now, I have a good reference. Thanks!!
What is notable, too, is the lowest price of this new DVD version compared with the first one (almost a half!). So, I'm pretty sure I'll pick for this new DVD version (until I get my own BR player ;) and get the BR version).

Posted on Jul 4, 2010 4:05:24 PM PDT
J. Marschner says:
No, the 2010 DVD release is just a port of the old DVD. From the menu screen to the bonus features to specks in the film that show up in the same spots - the DVDs are identical.
Its just a money grab by Warner to cash in on the new Titans movies (with an awful looking cover).

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2010 6:32:09 PM PDT
Hi J. Marschner, so do you say that both versions are the same? Oh, what a shame... It's just because it has a new cover (ugly, just as you say) it seems it's a re-remastered version...

Posted on Aug 6, 2010 5:57:37 PM PDT
mouseeneer says:
The differences between the 2004 and the 2010 versions:

2004 - subtitles - English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Bahasa Indonesia, Thai (9)
2010 - subtitles - English, Spanish, French (3)

2004 - audio - ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo [CC], FRENCH: Dolby Digital Mono
2010 - audio - ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo [CC], FRENCH: Dolby Digital Stereo

Video quality - same on both releases

2010 version is cheaper than the 2004 version as six out of the nine subtitle tracks were missing. If you don't care about the six missing subtitles, then the 2010 version is a better deal. At the same time, you are also gaining the French audio track in stereo instead of the mono track from the 2004 version.

Decisions, decisions...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2010 9:15:58 PM PDT
Yeah... Even the latest version gains some points due to the stereo french audio, it does not sound bad at all get all the original subtitles from the original version (well, maybe if you can read such languages and compare differences from one translation to another...)

Getting the latest version seems to be the best choice until now :)

Thanks for the info!!

Richard O.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2010 3:16:20 PM PDT
tracy says:
Lots of bad reviews but I would give "Clash 1981" on a scale of 1-10 a 9! It may not be QUITE as good as some but entirely watchable! tracy
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jun 26, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 24, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Clash of the Titans [VHS]
Clash of the Titans [VHS] by Laurence Olivier (VHS Tape - 1994)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (485)