Customer Discussions > The Terminator [Blu-ray] forum

DVD reviews mixed with BLU-RAY reviews?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 21, 2009 9:25:36 AM PST
NLD says:
Why is Amazon deliberately confusing customers? These are two different items.

Posted on Apr 10, 2009 1:38:42 PM PDT
I totally agree. I almost bought the Blu-Ray of Terminator 2 until I realized that the reviews were for the DVD Ultimate Edition. Terminator 2 Blu-Ray will not have the extras listed in that review until the Terminator 2 Skynet Edition comes out next month. Boy am I glad I looked again.

Posted on Apr 12, 2009 3:19:58 PM PDT
NLD says:
Its false advertising IMO.

Posted on May 19, 2009 2:21:57 PM PDT
Blackout says:
i agree. i go thru and read blu ray reviews in hopes that i'll get an idea if the blu ray version of a film is worth the upgrade, but the reviews are all mixed in in regards to the film no matter edition/version you are looking under. i wish amazon would fix that

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2009 5:04:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 28, 2009 7:27:51 AM PDT
Anonymous says:
There are more than two reviews mixed together. They have the 2001 DVD S.E., 2007 DVD, and the Blu-ray, and some older DVD releases here. This review is broken. My Special Edition DVD got destoryed, and I want to replace it. However, the special edition is no longer in print. I just want to know if the 2007 edition is a reissue of the special edition, but the reviews here are of absolutly no help!

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2009 5:43:09 AM PDT
Anonymous says:
Well I bit the bullet and purchased the 2007 DVD release of this film. The packaging it comes in is exactly the same as the 2001 special edition other than the cardboard slip cover with the holograph. However, it isn't the Special Edition. Yet, the package even says dual layer double sided disc. It's a lie. The cheap skates didn't even bother to change the packaging. They just cheaped out on the DVD. This is essentially side one of the S.E. You get the movie in widescreen ratio with a movie trailer, but the extras from side 2 are gone.

I owned the S.E. and side two had two behind the scenes features, interviews with cast and crew, and deleted scenes. I'm really (fill in the blank) at amazon for this misleading review system. I agree NLD...it's false advertising, and it's a rip-off. You can buy this exact same version at WalMart for $7.50. They are charging $10.99 here, and MGM sucks for not changing the package to reflect the crap product!

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 1:01:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2010 1:02:14 AM PST
some of amazon blu ray releases have vhs even mixed in with blu ray. blu ray should never be mixed with other releases of any kind. the format is on a whole other level.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 6:12:42 PM PST
cdmjr720 says:
Does anyone know if the regular DVD disc on the Blu Ray/DVD Combo pack has the special features, or is it just the barebones DVD?

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 7:22:03 AM PST
Eric Edwards says:
Maybe Skynet combined the reviews, Amazon wouldn't be in a circumstance where they could be termenated. Aren't they the good guys?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jan 21, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Terminator [VHS]
The Terminator [VHS] by Arnold Schwarzenegger (VHS Tape - 1998)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,294)