4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value
Though this camera has some flaws, the fact that it costs a fraction of other cameras and still does what I need it to do is all I can ask

Pros:
-crisp video quality(especially with outside lighting).I put it on my 47in 1080p hd tv and the picture was very crisp.
Published on December 13, 2010 by Tank

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Price Good Camera
This is a good camera for the price...not great. It takes good video in HD and the playback from the camera directly to the HDTV is awesome. Basic functions on the camera are very good and easy to use. It will serve our needs for the next year or two and still give us quality video at a reasonable price.

Upside: Price, ease of use, video quality, good...
Published on November 24, 2010 by T RAD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, December 13, 2010
This review is from: DXG USA DXG-A80V HD DXG Pro Gear 1080p High-Definition Camcorder (Electronics)

Pros:
-High Def(1080p, 1080i, 720p) with other built in options for smaller videos to be put on internet.
10mp digital camera(with built in flash)
-small and light with a sleek design but still sturdy feeling.
-built in LED light
-long-lasting rechargeable battery
-touch screen
-easy to transfer to computer (usb cord)
-affordable price (I got mine "like new" on this site for under $200)
-lots of storage space options-I got the "Transcend 16 GB Class 6 SDHC Flash Memory Card" (no more tapes to transfer to my computer)

Cons:
-the zoom is flawed (zooms too fast and is takes a while to auto focus)
-the video can get a bit grainy in low light even with the LED on. Its just not bright enough to overcome my downstairs basement lighting.

-10mp photo camera-blurry digital picture even using a flash(needs a better stabilizer in it) Though when I used a tri-pod the pictures were much sharper. Still not as good as my 7mp Kodak.
-You do have to be familiar with video editing software. The software that came with the camera was ok, but I use "Sony Vegas Pro" and it works great for hd editing and formatting.

In my opinion, this camera is a great middle of the road family camera that has the high end video quality without the high end price. Perfect for capturing all my family memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's slow motion feature completes it....., May 27, 2011
I have over a thousand things that i like about this camera, but I would like to keep this review short and to the point.

First off, I would like to be the first person to point out that it has an awesome slow motion feature that can be accessed through the menu that lets you change the resolution. It has the ability to record at 240 FPS, which in laymen terms means the footage is slowed down 10x slower than real life when slowed down to normal movie speed (24 fps). This camera would be just another normal consumer grade HD camera if it didn't have that slow motion feature.

On one of the other reviews, someone said that there was an annoying lens defect that the camera had. He is right, but it only shows up when you are recording in a very bright place (like outside, and the sun is in the picture). I only noticed it in the first couple of months i've had this camera, but you get used to it since its not that noticeable.

For people concerned with the picture quality, don't worry, it is just perfect! I bought a 16GB class 10 SD card for this camera, and the HD looks amazing. All the colors look natural. The reds are redder, the greens are greener. You will notice the difference from your old camera once you see the footage this camera takes.

I have dropped this camera about 4 times now, cause i'm very clumsy, and it doesn't even have a scratch on it. It is the most durable camera i have ever used. The last camera that I broke (2 cameras ago) was one of those dvd cameras. I dropped it about 3 feet from the ground (while I was picking it up) and it never turned on again! I have dropped this camera while I was riding bikes with my friend, and it was on. It just was out of focus when I picked it up. Best camera EVER!

The last thing I want to mention is that the cameras stabilizer doesn't stop shaky video (well, from what i've seen) so I use my video editing program to stabilize the video. So, that really isn't a problem.

So, in conclusion, this camera is the best camera for its price (from what I've used). It is a very easy to use camera for beginners, or parents who just want to record their vacation with the kids. Although its very easy, and basic, it still has that one feature (that is my favorite) that makes it stand out from all the other affordable cameras, its slow motion ability. I would recommend this camera to anyone who is looking for new camera, since it will fit almost anyone's camera needs. So, yes, you should get this camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Price Good Camera, November 24, 2010

Upside: Price, ease of use, video quality, good battery, video light, touchscreen, HDMI connection included, size and weight of the camera are fantastic

Things to consider:

-Video is recorded in .MOV which is Apple's Quicktime program. If you have a MAC, I imagine his is perfect. But converting these files over to a PC is a daunting task - don't let anybody tell you different. That being said, it could be the same for any HD camera (at least on the low price end). The files in HD are HUGE and take time to convert to windows media and it takes hours to burn a DVD for even a 30 minute video.
-Like others have said, it records in HD but when you transfer it to disc, you will lose the HD quality. The only way to watch recoded video in HD is to plug the camera into the TV.
-What is up with the zoom? It says 50x but I don't think I am getting 10x and I can't find anything in the user guide or on the menu screen to improve this.
-Anti-shake still shakes! When recording in HD, it is difficult not to pick up camera shake even with the anti-shake function activated. A tripod is a must have for this camera - especially if you zoom in.
-A remote would be nice for this camera since you end up watching a lot of the video directly from the camera to get the best quality.
-Software is not nearly as good as the camera. I gave up on it and used my own.

Bottom line:

If this is your first upgrade to HD video, you might want to look at upgrading to a higher end camera. As crazy as it sounds, I wish I had purchased a quality SD camera instead. Since I am transferring video to PC and editing my video and recording to DVD, it ends up being about the same quality as SD anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be happier for a $230 video camera, June 19, 2010
I'm not so sure what sort of problems the other reviewers are having but the video quality on my camera is gorgeous at 1080p HD resolution when displayed through my computer to my 47" 1080p TV or connected directly to it through the HDMI cable. Like most 1080p cameras below a couple of grand, it needs a tripod when filming but does well when filming in lower resolutions. The colors are spot on to my untrained eye in good light, indoors with fluorescent lighting casts a little yellow even with the white balance set for it but that is nothing an editing program can't fix easily enough and it certainly isn't bad. The camera is small and lightweight, easy to operate with the controls in logical positions. The touchscreen viewfinder is handy and helps to deal with the gazillion features this camera has. Is the camera comparable to other sub $300 cameras, definitely. Feature wise it blows most of them away which is why I bought it. Is it comparable to $1000 cameras? Not so much but it isn't terrible either. Then again, if I drop it or an alligator eats it, I haven't lost a $1000 camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good picture for the money., June 22, 2010
This is a good camera for taking video and an alright camera for photos. I do like the ability to take snapshots while using the video. Sound recording is not that good unless you are up close or iside. There are features advertized that the instructions don't cover at all. No response from DXG about the camera or even if they are still in business. The price was good and I like having a 10 megapixel chip.
I would like to here from others about their experience using this product...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, October 14, 2013
I just leave the rechargeable battery in the charger, so whenever I need it, it is fully charged. I use it in my physics and math classes for measuring velocity.

2.0 out of 5 stars not good, June 6, 2011
X.H (Missouri) - See all my reviews
Disappointed.
First one...charger was bad.
Second one (Amazon replaced it, great service!) speakers are going bad a year later.

Picture blurs if you move the cam when it's on...

Snow in low light condition.

Probably will not buy DXG again if don't see quality improvement.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, April 13, 2012
Well, i bought this product mostly because it was in my dad's price range, but i was quickly dissapointed the first time i tried it. I don't really know why a bunch of people are saying that the video quality is crisp because mine is definetly not. Its way too grainy for my liking, even in good lighting and there isnt a place to attach a microphone. If you don't really care about the poor video quality, then this is a pretty cool camera with a convenient touchscreen. as for me, though, i think i'll be getting another one.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is just Okay, January 31, 2013
The camcorder arrived on time as promised but it was nothing spectacular which is kind of disapointing. I felt like I did pay kind of a lot. Too me it was expensive especially being on a very very tight budget. I feel like the "high def" aspect is kind of misleading. I bought this camcorder to do makeup tutorials which requires close up shots but it takes so long to focus if not, it doesn't focus at all which is really annoying. The camcorder is to help my personal business grow and I don't have all the time in the word to keep re-creating the same shot over and over because the camcorder didn't focus. I would return it but I need it now so I'm just going to keep it, that't also why I ordered it with Amazon prime because I needed it ASAP. I mean it does the basics and records video, but like I said the advertising was misleading and also the display and button functionality is actually hard to use and figure out.
I am rating this product just okay because it does work, but I am upset with the misleading description. The plus side is that it came on time as promised.

3.0 out of 5 stars Out-of-stock upgrade?, October 7, 2012
I ordered the DXG USA 1080p HD Camcorder. They apparently were out so I recieved the DXG Pro Gear-A80V HD instead. I figured since it was priced much higher and seemed to have better features, that it should be a better cam. I've waited until I used it a few times to write the review. Up Close it's not very good. Distance (over 15 FT away, it seems to work great) Only issues I have are the white colored pixels I get when watching the video. I thought maybe it was dust, but that's not the case. I'm left wondering if it was re-furbished, but since I waited so long to post review and to use, I have to accept it. Next time I will use product many times within the first week.

Overall it's ok. And I'm hoping better then what I originally ordered.