5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Mac users too
I have to admit I was very hesitant to purchase this; in many cases, even when a product claims Mac compatibility it usually is just a bare-bones port. When DYMO released v60-something of their software for Mac OS 10 (10.2, Jaguar) I decided to give it a shot. Man, am I glad I did.
Published on May 19, 2003 by Ralph Fontcuberta

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute printer - Crappy software - Crappy help
Cute printer - Crappy software - Crappy help.

That about sums it up. If they didn't screw their customers with crappy software and help one could recommend it without qualification.

I'm on a Mac too and I'm also having trouble saving an address. Obviously the software is defective and Dymo has no problem selling defective products...
Published on January 31, 2006 by D. Garcia

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Mac users too, May 19, 2003
Ralph Fontcuberta (Little Rock, AR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DYMO LabelWriter LW330 Turbo Label Printer (Office Product)
This simple little device saves a lot of time. It works from most major programs, but I find a quick copy & paste into the DYMO Label program is just as quick.
Labels print in a second or two after hitting the print button (use the Preferences to bypass the Print Command Window altogether, BTW). This saves a lot of time (and cost) in regards to full-sheet Avery-type labeling.
I've only played around with the large format Shipping Labels (DYMO 30256, 2 5/16 x 4) but there's a wealth of sizes and shapes available.
Images as well as text print sharp, depending on format of the image. I've done all sorts of client labels as well using their labels for them; they're all quite happy with the quality and I believe more than one has purchased one of these.
The only problem I've come across is address book saving; I can't seem to get it to save an address. I'm probably missing something but, as mentioned above, it's just as easy to do a quick copy & paste, for instance, from OS 10's own Address Book (which would seem to be the ideal program for DYMO to tie into).
Pros:
- Quick
- Clean
- Seamless OS 10 connectivity
- Sharp images as well as text (when using proper formats)
Cons:
- A little pricey (but honestly worth it)
- Noisy (but only for the few seconds it prints)
- Not color (but, c'mon, it's thermal!)

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb office tool, September 7, 2002
WordLover (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This specialized label printer is simple to set up, easy to use, and takes up very little space on the desk - highly recommended.
A few cautionary notes:
1. when printing from Outlook the program only recognizes business addresses
2. the thermal printing labels you must use with this printer aren't exactly cheap
3. the template provided for use in Word reinstalls itself by modifying the default document template each time you open Word, which is annoying if you have Word set to notify you before saving the default template.
Otherwise I am completely satisfied with this printer and expect to use it for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars What took me so long???, January 1, 2003
I've owned a laser printer since the first HP IIP came out almost 15 years ago. It's always been handy to print labels for letters, packages, etc. on my laser printer. However, I've always had to use a whole sheet of labels to print just one and then reuse the sheet. What a mess. This product ends those problems! I'm a gadet lover and this product is the best gadet I think I have ever purchased! It prints a single label in about 2 secs. Faster than I can reach to get a label it's already printed. This thing is fast! And the quality is superb! On top of that the software's not bad either. And if you don't like the included software you can print from Word or Outlook. No more messing with a whole sheet of labels-I just print the one label I need and I'm done!
I looked at the Seiko label printer as well. Ths printer is a little bigger (not enough to matter) and the resolution is so much better. I'm telling you-this is the best product I have ever purchased! And it only took me 15 years to get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to do, March 9, 2005
Jamey Key (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
First, I do not use the software included. I use the LabelWriter with FileMaker, so it took me a bit longer to set up a layout that prints perfectly onto the labels. I only use the file folder labels, and I simply go to my FileMaker file, type in one or several labels and click print. As soon as the print dialog goes away (about 2 seconds), the LabelWriter Turbo 330 starts rolling out labels. It is great for printing folder labels one at a time.

Also, I like the fact that it does not take a print cartridge, so i dont know how long it will last, but I've been using mine over a year with no problem.

If you are kind of obsessive about having all of your file folders organized and labeled neatly, this is the printer for you. It's very fast (about twice as fast as my old LabelWriter 300, which finally wore out after about 2-3 years of use). It does work, you will enjoy using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great on OSX, October 3, 2005
D Cohen "Dan" (Cranford, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
Hi,

I have a Powermac G4 and a powerbook + an airport express.

This thing is great, it is plugged into the powermac. I just selected "share printers" from the System Settings menu.

When we want to print a label we can do it from either computer in seconds. The Dymo software works well on the mac and we can print directly from address book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dymo also prints on plain thermal roll!, May 22, 2004
By A Customer
Finally a low cost small format thermal printer on the market. But wait, none of the marketing material mentions plain thermal paper. There's plenty about the dozens of very expensive label stock sizes you can use, but... AND calls to the support centres in New Zealand and Australia produced the glibbest cop outs I ever heard. Basically Dymo will not state whether or not their little printer will even feed anything but their labels.
So, took a risk and bought the little sucker. Lo and behold, it will happily print on a plain roll - BUT it always feeds 142mm, irrespective of the 'page' size you set up. (The label stock has hole punches that stop the feed at the end of a label.)
AND you will need to make up a little spool that fits through the core of a plain paper roll, a felt pen shaft, and a couple of carefully cut cardboard disks will do it.
Of course this voids the warranty, but when pressed the Dymo help desk said they had not had any machines returned due to problems caused by the use of plain paper.
Of course if you DO want to use labels, you'll need that special Dymo stock with the holes that costs around 10 times the price of plain paper.
Dymo - why are you so coy? More people will buy your printers if they can use them for more than just labels - and who really cares about a fixed page size?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine, December 22, 2004
This label printer is terriffic. When I need to print a quick shipping label from an invoice it takes a couple of mouseclickes. Gets info from Palm, Quickbooks and Word. I tested the rest now I reccomending the best. Worth every penny!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest EBAY Power Seller Review, February 16, 2004
RM (Greater Detroit Area) - See all my reviews
First off this is a great little printer that will increase your selling volume and make the filling of orders fun. It is quite quiet and (not laser printer quiet) but less than I thought once used. I have small children sleeping and I do my auctions at night.
I use Windows XP and had no problems installing it the first time. The best thing about this is is comes with all the software required to design the labels. The fields I use are address, return address, small product field and an auto sequence on the label. I had this up and running with no problems in 20 minutes, that means alot.
I usually process my payments and print out as I go, once I'm ready to ship I take the all the labels and fill the orders. It has really saved me time. I did look at zebra, but looked to complex and unsure if software was included. Labels are alot less expensive for the Zebra/eltron printers (.05 - .07 cents each for the shipping 2x4" for the DUMO) but the time save and real time processing is great from hand writting labels. I just cut and paste from PAYPAL Payment email and within 2 clicks I have a label.
I sell about 20-30 things a week and use this solely for that purpose. I have even thought about making some "Thank You" stickers or "Please Leave Positive Feedback" labels when I get some free time.
If you search hard you can get the Dymo 330 turbo for a few dollars more than the 330 listed hear at Amazon. I am not sure if it is faster or a marketing gimic as I have not used the regular 330. Oh well what is another $30. At the time of writing this area of Amazon does not price match. Look around.
I highly recomend this printer, for any ebay sellers and if you can use it in other areas of you life....BONUS.

5.0 out of 5 stars DymoMight!, December 9, 2002
Robert St. Cyr (Silver Spring, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This wonderful printer saves me so much time! I no longer fuss with the laser printer just to print labels. I have programmed MS Access to print directly from my database. I have programmed MS Outlook to automatically print addresses at the click of a button. I have also integrated it into many of my clients' applications. robertstcyr at hot mail for more info.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best little Label Printer in Texas (or anywhere), September 28, 2003
S. Michael (Conyers, GA USA) - See all my reviews