Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Da Vinci 50 Clay Composite Dice Striped 11.5-Gram Poker Chips
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 29, 2010
I bought 100 of the GREEN chips from Amazon and was pleased with what I received. They look and feel good. But most importantly they are the correct thickness. There is nothing more frustrating than ordering chips that don't fit correctly in the standard acrylic trays or are so inconsistent that equal stacks have different heights. With these chips each stack of ten consistently fits in each slot of standard acrylic trays. I strongly recommend them!
on June 26, 2010
I initially purchased this 500 chip set, and then purchased additional chips to augment that set from this product page. Both are "Da Vinci" chips, and so far the colors and shapes/appearance have matched my initial set. I've written a review for the chip set (here again) where I talk about quality of the chips (and the overall set) in some detail.

With that said, I'll briefly cover the different colors sold here and how they do (or don't) differ from the provided images.

* Black: These match the chips in the set, and the image is accurate. Also worth noting is that the black chips could be confused with the purple, gray or the blue chips in low light conditions as they're all very dark shades.
* Blue: These match the chips in the set, but the image is inaccurate; the blue is definitely darker. Also worth noting is that the blue chips could be confused with the black, gray or the purple chips in low light conditions as they're all very dark shades.
* Green: These match the chips in the set, and the image is accurate.
* Orange: Not included in set, but the image is inaccurate; the orange is a slightly lighter shade.
* Pink: Not included in set, but the image is inaccurate; the pink is a slightly darker shade.
* Purple: Not included in set, but the image is accurate. Also worth noting is that the purple chips could be confused with the black, gray or the blue chips in low light conditions as they're all very dark shades.
* Red: These match the chips in the set, but the image is inaccurate; the red is a darker/duller color.
* White: These match the chips in the set, and the image is accurate.
* Yellow: I ordered the yellow chips from BryBelly and what they shipped didn't appear packaged as "Da Vinci", so this part of the review may be inaccurate. The yellow I received was brighter than the image pictured here, and is definitely more "neon"-like.
* Gray: I ordered the gray chips from BryBelly and what they shipped didn't appear packaged as "Da Vinci", so this part of the review may be inaccurate. The gray I received was significantly darker than the image pictured here. It's really only slightly lighter than the black chips. Also worth noting is that the gray chips could be confused with the black, purple or the blue chips in low light conditions as they're all very dark shades.
* Light Blue: Not included in set, but the image is inaccurate; the light blue is a slightly darker shade.

All in all these chips are a decent value, and I purchased the vast majority through ChipsAndGames (as well as the set itself) to try and avoid any color inconsistencies in the additional chips. Just keep in mind the potential confusion issue with the black, blue, purple and gray chips. Those aren't very friendly in low light playing environments. If you're looking to expand the denominations of chips available in your games tho, the yellow, orange, pink and light blue chips aren't easy to confuse for the standard colors (red, green, blue, black, white).

REVIEW UPDATE 2011-02-07:

I ordered some additional red chips a few months after writing this review, and the product I received was very different from what I'd received initially. What I received before was shipped in retail packaging with two sets of 25 chips contained within a form fitting plastic package (complete with retail hook for hanging in a store). What I received more recently, and just a few weeks ago when I tried again, were tubes of 50 chips wrapped almost like coins from a bank (except in plastic, not paper). The colors are still appropriate, but the texture of the chips themselves leaves a lot to be desired. It's as if the mold used to create the chips has been worn down, because you can see a shiny space on one side of the chips, and they're extremely slippery (the chips I received before had what I can only describe as a "matte finish", with an actual texture that kept the chips from slipping off each other).

Due to this extreme drop in quality (not to mention inconsistency in product packaging), I've dropped three stars off my review. I can't recommend these to anyone looking for an inexpensive way to host home games.
on March 22, 2013
I bought these as a reward system for my kids. One earns red, the other earns black. When they complete a chore, do good deeds or other nice things they earn these chips which they can then collect. Chips can then be turned back in to mom or dad for cash or other things they want. Chips are heavy and professional. They really feel weighted and are really nice quality.
on February 10, 2014
These chips were the exact same size as my other ones and the same weight. Luckily they were the same shade of black as well...would definitely purchase these again if needed and I recommend these to other who wish to expand on their chip collection.
on June 1, 2015
Very disappointed. These chips are short. 21 chips fit in a standard rack. Now I have to count chips every bet instead of stacking them next to each other. Almost every chip has flashing around the edges which is sharp.
on April 24, 2016
These are exactly what I expected. They are nicely weighted. I got them to use as an incentive to earn for my children in their chores, behavior etc, then trade in for small prizes. I love that there were so many colors to choose from as well. Being that they are handled by my children, I expected them to break or chip, and they haven't. They even fell and shattered in the jar that held them, they were not even scratched or gouged by the broken glass!
on March 24, 2014
These are pretty standard chips, and the gray ones I purchased had no problems. Sometimes you see production issues on these, which you may find under different brand names but are probably produced by the million by the same Chinese factory for all the brands. The ones I got are in good shape, not many printing errors or sharp edges.

I bought the gray ones to use for cash games because I have a set of chips with printed denominations, and that manufacturer does not make chips in 50-cent or 25-cent denominations. If I want to play a cash game with $0.50/1.00 or $0.25/0.50 blinds, we can use the gray chips as quarters or fifty-cent chips. And since I like to use the colors that most LV Casinos use (e.g., red $5, green $25, black $100), the gray ones are nice because they fit and aren't confusing.
on August 21, 2009
The color of these chips vary wildly. If you order these, make sure you get them all from the same supplier and all in one shipment. Otherwise, you will probably end up with chips that don't match.
on November 10, 2015
You can write in 5, 10, etc for HPs.

I also use these with dice underlined for spell levels & a roman number in the middle for a matching key. Then a letter for Pearls of Power and the like.

Different colors round out other magic item charges and special abilities.

As a bonus, if the game doesn't happen, they are solid chips at the ready if it's a night of cards.
on October 5, 2014
I've found these poker chips to be useful in my Dungeons and Dragons sessions. They are just the right size to use on 1 inch square or hex battle mats to mark the locations of various monsters, treasures,and other items that affect the game play. I've purchased several different colors of these chips and use 3/4 inch round labels to further uniquely identify each chip. Not what the chips were designed for I know, but they work great.