5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Set!!!
Not knowing much about "real" poker chips (i.e. not cheap plastic), I agonized on what chips to buy. From what I could tell on the Amazon description, these looked great and seemed not to have any real negatives.

Published on August 17, 2010 by Wileyboy

1.0 out of 5 stars Just spent 1 hour removing glue from chips
Nice case and the chips feel great but 10% are stuck together with glue that oozed out when the plastic insert was glued to the clay chip..

Took me 1 hour to remove the glue with "goof off".

I don't recommend these clowns to anyone..............
Published 17 months ago by Babs F

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Set!!!, August 17, 2010
This review is from: Da Vinci Set of 300 Welcome To Las Vegas Poker Chips w/Aluminum Case & Dealer Button (Misc.)

After receiving this set, I could not be more pleased. I was concerned that these would feel light (9 grams v. 11.5 grams as some other sets) - they don't. They have a very nice weighty feel to them. They stack great, also.

The chips are beautiful. They are a very eye-catching design without being obnoxious. They stand out in a crowd of ordinary looking chips. The inside circle of the chip seems to be a shiny porcelain and the remainder of the chip is clay.

The case is very solid and does not seem "stressed" in the least to handle its chip load (as with descriptions of some other sets).

Another nice plus is the breakup of denominations, which is 150 white ($1), 100 red ($5), and 50 blue ($10). In a set of 300, you don't want a lot of high-denomination chips that don't get much use. You also want a higher number of white than red as white are ante chips and most common in betting amongst friends.

A great buy - highly recommended for those who are on the fence between this and any other poker chips. Would be worth it even at a higher price. Your friends should be very impressed with you and your poker chips!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice set of chips. Could be better, July 14, 2009
I bought these for my weekly poker night with my friends and they did not dissapoint. These are solid chips for playing with friends, and the ocassional work tourneys.
I would have like a better sound to them, but I guess I was to used to the metal insert ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars good results, February 2, 2009
Very please with the product. Chips felt and sounded quality. The case was capabale of holding the heavy volume of chips and the product was delivered quickly and on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, July 3, 2012
Great set of chips for deployment. Looks and feel like a professional set right out of Vegas. The white chips looked a little sun worn, like they lost their whiteness. But they may have been going for a more ivory look. In that case they are perfect. Dice are pretty cheap looking however that isnt why i got them. A definite good buy for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality, December 30, 2010
Good quality but I didn't like the fact that they had used playing cards even though they were from Vegas Casinos. I would rather it come with new cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product excellent price, December 6, 2010
A. Lee (California, USA) - See all my reviews
Excellent set of poker chips for beginners/casuals players. The chips have the look and feel and sound of casino chips and really add to the fun of the game. The amount of chips as well as the range of colors are just right and the aluminum case keeps it all tidy. I'm so happy with the product, cost and experience. A speedy, smooth and problem free transaction.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just spent 1 hour removing glue from chips, July 9, 2013

Took me 1 hour to remove the glue with "goof off".

I don't recommend these clowns to anyone..............

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Listen To All The Naysayers, This Is A Quality Product, January 29, 2014
I was a little apprehensive about ordering this set of chips after reading the reviews that said that people had received damaged cases or chips that were hopelessly stuck together. This couldn't be further from the truth in my experience.

The case is shiny aluminum that looks brand new. The chips were all sealed in plastic and only a few of the 10's were stuck together. When I say stuck together, what I mean is that they were barely clinging to each other and separated easily when pulled on--a toddler would have had enough hand strength to pull them apart. Only two chips were gluey enough to require being wiped with a moist cloth. The glue itself has the consistency of rubber cement and little bits can be easily removed by rubbing it with your fingernail. The sticker design itself is made of plastic and holds up well when wiped with a moist cloth. I did not feel like I damaged the design at all by getting it a little wet. Overall, I spent under ten minutes removing glue, and it actually took longer to take them out of the plastic and re-rack them in the case than it did to de-glue them. When compared to a $5 chip I had from the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas, these chips are equal in quality, weight, and sound.

There was only one thing that was not quite as advertised, and I believe it is simply a mistake in the wording on Amazon. Rather than getting cards from a casino in Las Vegas, they are actually Las Vegas brand cards. Though this may seem like a detractor, real casino cards would have one corner chopped off and the box would be scratched with a razor or marked with a sharpie to invalidate them for official play. Though they can be fun to collect, they are not the best cards to play with and I think you actually get a better deal since they provide you with usable cards. If you really want casino cards to display, it is more fun to go to Vegas and get them yourself anyway.

Overall, I can't imagine getting a better product for the price. I am extremely happy with these chips and I can't wait to use them with my friends. Don't let the few bad reviews on here discourage you. This is a quality product, and I imagine you will enjoy it as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for the price!, February 13, 2013
J Rock "J" (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Now my dummy room mates dont have to keep asking me how much each chip is worth. Quality chips and case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome first poker set, October 27, 2011
I play poker with my friends at college every week or two and we needed a set because playing with coins was getting ridiculous.

-Chips-
Got this because it has number marked chips so its easy to keep track of how much you have without frequently asking what each color denomination is on an unmarked set of chips. The chips are light and the numbers/graphic on them are cool and do not distract play.

-Dealer Pin-
The sturdy dealer pin (printed on both sides) helps you keep tack of who was dealing last as all of us get progressively drunk.

-Carry Case-
Case is all that I can ask for. Fits easily in my backpack (17" laptop size) and very easy to carry by hand. Not too light to add this to a slightly loaded bag and not too heavy so that you will keep taking turns with your hands to carry it. It comes with keys if you are worried your roommate will use your set without asking (ok so, the lock by key can have other uses - this is just my use).

-Dice-
I honestly don't know what the dice are for. I guess we can get a cardboard box and cups and play dice in the corner of the quad in the middle of the night while yelling profanities.

-Cards-
Only flaw - crappy card set, terrible to shuffle with. But I did not take a star off for that because I did not get this for the cards. For $25, I really did not expect good cards AND chips. But they are decent if you only use them when you have no choice.

Overall - Very happy with this purchase. Will recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›