Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Color: Ebony|Style: Crib|Change

on January 20, 2010
We love this crib!

The design is pleasing to the eye, with the sleigh design and the nice golden honey color.

The crib is sturdy. It is long enough, and at the lowest setting tall enough, for our 25lb 2 year old son. However, it's really light - so light that he can push it around the room! It's small enough that I can push it through the doorway, down the hall, and into the living room if I need to.

One thing I like is that the front decorative roll bar can be left off, so that I can easily bend over the edge of the crib (I'm really short, 5'1"). It can also be easily reattached when we turn it into a bed.

The coolest thing is that it converts to a TWIN bed instead of a full sized bed. I've yet to meet a toddler/preschooler/elementary school kid that needs a full sized bed, but all the full size cribs convert that way! This is way better.

Three warnings about this crib:
1) You will need to use "portacrib" or "portable crib" sized mattresses and bedding. They're quite a bit harder to find.

2) If your kid is teething on this crib, it is difficult to find a protective teething rail that will stay on the sides because of the pretty curve.

3) It comes with a thin mattress pad, not a real mattress. When my son was an infant, we had an afghan that was exactly the right size to fold in half, and covered the entire floor of the crib, then we stuck the mattress pad over that. It worked for when he was tiny. Once he got heavier, we bought this:

MDB Sunshine Mini Mattress Pad

But that item is just a thicker mattress pad. We added the new, 3" one to the thin one that came with the crib, and it has worked fine for about a year, but it's starting to get worn/mushy in the middle.

We are now going to buy this one instead: MDB Crescent Mini Crib Mattress and since it's the same price, we probably should have bought this one to begin with!!

Overall, though, it's totally worth trying to track down portacrib bedding for it. We love this crib so much, we bought a second one (in cherry, which is also beautiful) for my daughter.
22 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2014
This crib fits great in our small space. It was easy to assemble and it's easy to lower when needed. I was worried from reviews about this crib scratching easily. So far it has not scratched and has been bumped quite a few times by things. The Einstein crib mobile fits good on this crib. Before that mobile I pushed a mobile down on the side that was from a pack and play. UPDATE: my son is almost a year old and just started pulling to standing and crawling. He stands in the crib and puts his mouth on it. Paint chips are left on his face when he does this! See photo. It has happened twice now.
review image review image
on March 2, 2008
The crib is ideal for small rooms. We were able to convert a small bedroom into a fairly complete nursery. Assembly is easier with two people but not that difficult. Just take your time and go through the directions. The crib is sturdy and the finish is nice. We got the "Natural Finish." The wood is soft but that is to be expected with pine. We are not using the pad that came with the crib, as it seemed a little insufficient for the long term. The platform that supports the mattress is adjustable but requires removing the screws at the four corners. Mattress thickness can go up to 5-inches as recommended on the mattress platform. Overall, good crib and very pleased with the end result.
on June 13, 2011
**UPDATE** 8/27/2011 Now that I am pregnant with my 2nd child, I have purchased this crib again! THE PROS DEFINITELY OUTWEIGH THE CONS! And for the price, it is SO WORTH IT!!!!!! **UPDATE**

I really love this crib. 2 years ago I bought this crib (Natural) for my son. It was easy to put together. I put it together almost completely by myself (although I wouldn't suggest it.. as its obviously easier with 2 people) in a short amount of time. The things I really needed were for the crib to convert so my son could use it for a long time, fit in a smaller room, and not break the bank. From what I remember, instructions were decent. Overall, I love this crib enough to buy another one. I just ordered one for my next child that it on the way. In my opinion, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Reasons I love this crib:
1) It does NOT have a drop side (thank goodness, since they've all been recalled)
2) You can EASILY adjust the height of the mattress when needed.
3) It's a MINI crib, so it's smaller, but the perfect size in my opinion. It converts to a twin bed instead of a full. Our space is limited, so a full size crib was unrealistic. And most children don't need such a large space. My son has always been a big boy, but this bed was still perfect
4) The conversion rails (although had to be purchased separately) were also very easy to assemble and looks wonderful.

Things I DON'T like:
1) The wood is very VERY soft (because it's pine) so it scratches very easily. I scratched the wood even during assembly. After that, my son did the rest of the damage by using it as a teether. The bed now has obvious bite marks, but because of the light color, it doesn't look TOO obvious. I'm planning on painting it once my son gets older anyway.
2) The mattress that comes with it absolutely SUCKS! Super duper thin. It's a MUST to buy another mattress with it. You could even buy another thin mattress and stack them together. It was extra cost, but worth it, in my opinion. I usedCRESCENT MINI CRIB 50 COIL MATTRESS the MDB Crescent Mini Crib Mattress. It fit perfectly and is very durable! (HOPEFULLY YOU'LL BE ABLE TO USE THE CRIB MATTRESS AGAIN IF YOU HAVE OTHER CHILDREN LATER)
3) Because of the small size, a lot of conventional crib items dont fit. You have to make sure to buy sheets and bedding that specifically says "mini" crib or portacrib. The crib TEETHERS (the gel things that protect from bite marks) don't usually fit, but I'm sure I will find something as an alternative for my next baby. Crib BUMPERS don't really fit as well as on a normal crib. It still works, but I had to fiddle with it and experiment with putting it on.
4) It can't convert to a toddler bed... it goes from a crib to a twin. Once my son started climbing out, I converted it right away and just bought a bed rail. It worked out perfectly, but I wish it could have been a toddler bed.

Like I said, I love this crib enough to buy it again. I highly recommend it! If you plan on re-using the crib instead of converting it, just fill in the holes to make sure you get a tight fit when you screw in the screws again.
on February 6, 2012
We just set this crib up tonight, it is so adorable and the perfect size! We live in a very small house and space is limited. We only had room for something the size of a pack and play (which is what our first born slept in). When we were pregnant with him, I had no idea they had mini cribs. I wish I did because it would have been more comfortable (and probably safer) than a pack and play.

We probably had it up in about 45 minute so set up was very easy.

It does come with a pretty thin mattress but I cannot imagine it being very comfortable especially if used for a year or two. We bought this mattress with it and it fits perfectly:

CRESCENT MINI CRIB 50 COIL MATTRESS

Sheets can be hard to come by with the thicker 5" mattress. We got ours from:

SheetWorld Extra Deep Fitted Portable / Mini Crib Sheet - Baby Pink Jersey Knit - Made In USA

They also have a website (google sheetworld) which may have more styles to choose from. On the left hand menu of their site you should see a link to portable / mini crib sheets). They also make custom crib skirts/shams to fit mini cribs.

In all, I am so pleased with our purchase of this crib. It took several days of researching to find something that would fit in our space as well as finding a mattress and sheet combo that would work but it was worth it. I think even if we had a bigger space I would still buy a mini crib since they are really only in them a year or two.
on March 25, 2015
Ok, I waited a good long time to review this crib because I wanted to give it a run for it's money. Some of the biggest complaints I read about this crib was:

1. Too difficult to put together - even for Ivy League college graduates
2. It broke down quickly
3. The child outgrew it way too fast

I bought this crib before my son was born, and he is now 9 months old.

1. I'm going to admit that I didn't go to college. Nothing against it, I just didn't go. However, I did manage to put this crib together by myself in 20 minutes while 8 months pregnant. So there's that.
2. It is still intact and still beautiful. I have had to lower the crib bed twice as my son has grown, and it's still held it's integrity throughout. One thing I will say is that it does tend to scratch easily, so if you move your crib around often and aren't careful about bumping into things, you will get a few scratches or dents. Also, I had to go in and tighten some screws once when I lowered the floor of the crib, but I believe that was because I didn't tighten them as much as I should have in the first place. I haven't had issues since. I also love that it's light and easy to move if needed to clean or pick up toys that have fallen underneath or behind.
3. My son is 9 months, about 29 inches long and 22 pounds. He has yet to outgrow this crib and I am confident it will carry him through until he is ready for a "big boy" bed.

One more thing, you will need to buy a mini crib mattress, because the one that comes with it is only a few inches thick and won't be comfy enough for your little one. So there you have it! I love this crib, and am confident that it will sturdy enough to use when we have our next baby.
on August 25, 2012
I bought this crib because we only had a small space for a crib. I was worried my son would outgrow it very quickly. I am happy to report that he is 18 months old and still sleeping soundly in it. He is a little above average in size and fits just fine. I am very pleased. This was a great purchase. (I did upgrade the mattress. The foam pad that came with the bed just wasn't supportive enough)
on February 8, 2016
Product looks great. Good construction. Solid. No issues there. Instructions are kind of vague, but its still easy to put together. The mattress could be a bit thicker, but....

The problem with this product is out-gassing. It's terrible to even think about putting a baby near it.
We left it outside for 3 days to help air it out... and it still smells. It gives me a headache being in the same room as this, and terrible cough. It goes back outside...

Not sure what else we can do about it... more UV exposure?

UPDATE : 2/14/2016
The smell is coming from the particle board that holds the mattress. We left it outside for two weeks hoping it would air out, to no avail. We went to a hardware store and purchased 1x3x8ft pine planks, framed using 1x1x1 boards, (36.5"x22.75") and made our own replacement board, that does not smell. I will be calling Amazon to see if we could get a refund on the toxic particle board.
review image review image review image review image
on May 14, 2011
We got this crib because our daughters room was too cold this winter and she had to sleep upstairs with me instead of in her own room (which is fine because she isn't even 1 yet). We didn't want to move her BIG crib upstairs, so we decided to order a mini crib. This DID NOT DISAPPOINT!!!! I would recommend this to anyone for a second crib or even if they have s small living space. It is a great quality and baby has enjoyed it immensely. We did order a separate mattress for it because the one it comes with is more like a pad then a mattress. Also, being a mini crib, you will probably need to buy mini crib sheets and bumper off of Amazon (they aren't available at my local stores). Can't go wrong with purchasing this item!!
review image
on April 19, 2013
I love this mini crib so much. I had a full sized crib in one of our guest bedrooms which was extremely difficult to move from one bedroom to another if needed. This crib, however, is beautiful, sturdy and easy to change locations in my home. I purchased the Da Vinci Crescent 50 Coil mattress separately, because the "pad" which comes with the crib is only about 1 inch thick. I also purchased the American Baby Co. waterproof fitted quilted pad cover. It fits perfectly over the coil mattress. And, one final tip, buy Gerber regular sized crib sheets. They fit this mini crib perfectly as well. You will not be disappointed in this crib!!