5.0 out of 5 stars all the features in one crib
I was on the fence about spending $600 on a solid crib or this one. I finally decided on this one because as it turned out, the expensive Sorelle also used cam-locks on most of their cribs. So that was the deal breaker. The Kalani is sturdy despite the few cam-locks. Grandpa had no problem with the assembly and finished within an hour. This is for my 3rd child as I...
Published on April 8, 2009 by M Campos Barker

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid crib with horrible finish.
First the good. The crib is beautiful and it's very sturdy. The wood is great and I do love it. It is a little difficult for me because I'm short and the front doesn't go down, but I also like it for the same reason. There are no moveable parts to pinch little fingers. I like how the whole crib doesn't move when my daughter jumps up and down.

But, the...
Published on October 30, 2006 by Strolen

‹ Previous | 1 2 380 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price, February 26, 2013
I bought this for my daughter and we are currently in the "day bed" stage with it, but she used it as a crib, a toddler bed, and now the day bed. She's getting so tall that I suspect soon it will be time to just use the rails and set it up as a full size bed. The quality is great, we have moved twice and there arent any knicks or dents in the wood, and it has enough character to not just be a basic piece of furniture. I love it, and it was more than worth the money and I would recommend it. The fact that it comes WITH the rails and the assembly is super simple gives it an A in my book.

4.0 out of 5 stars White - good sturdy, hopefully long lasting convertible crib, no scratch issues, March 17, 2011
nicdc (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered this white crib a couple of months before my baby due date, so I could have it set up. My husband took just under 2 hours to put this together on his own, without any problems. He didn't have any issues with the wood scratching and the pieces were in perfect condition when it was delivered.

It seems very sturdy and looks good in the nursery. The wood is painted with a nice white fresh finish.

There are very noticeable holes where the screws go in, but I just bought some 1/2 inch round white stickers from Walmart and stuck 2 over each hole and it covers them perfectly - I did not use screw cap covers, as they could be a choking hazard.

I ordered the Sealy Baby Posturepedic Crown Jewel Mattress, which fits perfectly, without gaps round the edges. I also bought a breathable crib bumper, which with a little adjustment, fits the crib and will stop little arms and legs being stuck in the slats and also is a safer option to reduce the risk of suffocation/SIDS.

Standard crib sheets from Pottery Barn (bought on sale!) fit perfectly too.

The crib has potential to last a while, as it has four different height options for the mattress and also came with a toddler rail, so it can be converted into a toddler bed, without having to purchase a separate rail. I doubt we will be converting this into a full sized bed, so did not buy the additional rails.

To protect the top rails of the crib from a teething baby, I bought the Leachco teething crib rail covers (2 side covers and one front cover), which come in white and can be velcroed onto the rail to protect the wood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Crib at a great price., April 21, 2013
I have 3 of these cribs. Two of them have been converted into toddler beds with no problems at all. They are affordable and long lasting. I bought my first one 4 years ago and it has survived a cross-country move, an energetic child jumping on it (we did go through 2 mattresses with this one), and the terrible twos and threes. I originally bought this crib as a replacement for a drop-down crib we purchased for our first born. It has not disappointed us, like I said, we have 3 of them and I do not regret the decision to go with DaVinci. When we converted the two older children's cribs into full-size beds, we did have some problems with the rails, but that was because my husband did not read the instructions. He ended up breaking one of the rails. I spoke to the manufacturer and they send us a new rail free of charge. That was the only time I contacted them for any problems with the crib. I will say it is a bugger to put it together the first time. Set aside a couple hours and it helps if you have two people putting the crib together. I recommend this crib without any reservations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Darker but still beautiful, December 10, 2009
Mary Passey (Farmington, NM USA) - See all my reviews
The color of this crib is darker than the picture. But it still a very beautiful crib. I had received my crib and noticed a huge gash in one of the railings. I immediately contacted Amazon and told them about my problem. The person who replied was very nice about everything and sent me out a brand new entire crib to replace the other one. They overnighted it as well. I am VERY impressed with Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy assembly and very high quality!, June 28, 2013
This review is from: DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail, Espresso (Baby Product)
My husband is not a big fan of putting together furniture, but this crib was very easy to assemble :-) And it looks gorgeous, we get so many compliments! The best: this crib is toxin-free!!! So far this crib was the only one with a finish that didn't have any toxins in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Crib, look forward to having my baby grow in it, May 31, 2013
George (Burlington, VT) - See all my reviews
The installation was not too difficult (~2 hours), and the crib looks beautiful! I like the fact that the company adds plastic buffers to the bottom of the legs to avoid damaging floors, and I love the fact that this crib can grow with the child.

3.0 out of 5 stars Do I have any other choice?, March 7, 2010
I researched a lot before buying this crib, I was looking for a reasonably priced and a safe crib.
Got this crib, it took couple of hours to assemble it, as many other reviewers said, it is really really delicate.
It is impossible to assemble this crib without getting some dents here and there. Even a light touch makes a dent.
Not sure if it really is worth the price, but there was hardly any other crib in the market in this price range and considered safe.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sturdy enough to be a toddler bed, September 18, 2013
This product will work fine as a crib. But it is not sturdy enough once converted to a toddler bed. The metal mattress frame bent and cost well over $50 to replace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Crib (White Finish), June 16, 2009
We bought this crib with the white finish, (it's a true white, not an off-white) and it appears to be a pretty durable finish. I dropped a few pieces while putting it together, and they didn't scratch or nick at all. I have to assume the folks who had problems with the easily scratched finishes bought the stained versions of this crib.

The parts were well-packaged for shipping. The box arrived somewhat dinged and dented, but no parts of the crib were damaged when it arrived.

The assembly was pretty simple. My husband and I put it together in a little over an hour, and needed only a Phillips head screwdriver in addition to the included hardware.

Moving the mattress up and down and converting the crib into a daybed appears to be very simple as well.

The assembled crib is lovely and very sturdy. We're very pleased with our purchase!

Follow up: 15 months later

Our daughter is able to stand in the crib, but so far hasn't gotten out. It's remained sturdy throughout. She's chewed the rails around the crib top, but the white finish held up better than I expected it to, really. It shows dents, yes, but it's still white.

Lowering the mattress was an easy procedure. We definitely plan to buy another Kalani crib in the next few months for our next child.

Follow up: After more than 3 years of ownership

We have a second of these cribs for our younger daughter (now almost 2 years old), but purchased the dark wood finish (Espresso). I haven't noticed any of the troubles with the dark wood finishes that other reviewers have complained about. The Espresso has held up remarkably well.

We converted the white crib to a toddler bed for our elder daughter, which was easy. She loved the toddler bed, and we ended up giving it to a family friend when we got her a twin sized bed, as the crib/toddler bed still was in great shape.

I can't recommend these cribs highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, good quality very impressed, January 6, 2011
First time mommy to be to a baby boy April 2011!
Recieved the crib at my front porch in 4 days from purchase last night. Husband put it together in one hour flat and had no problems. Directions are a little goofy bc of all the languages but totaly doable. We got the espresso color and it is beautiful and the crib is very sturdy. I was afraid it would look or feal cheap but just the opposite. This crib is good, sturdy and heavy feeling (not too heavy though.) Hubby and I looked at a $500.00 crib at babys r us and this is nearly just as nice and has nearly the exact same color and design. I'm very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone wanting a nice crib at a fair price!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 380 | Next ›