5.0 out of 5 stars Great Animal Dads!, May 25, 2009
Daddy Hug
Daddy Hug takes your kids through a journey of the animal kingdom's diverse types of Dads. Simple adjectives and words introduce all types of Daddies and roll into the next animal adjective with the flow of a song. Probably best for kids under 4, but definitely not your average picture book, Daddies and their kids abound from page to page as they exemplify the adjectives used to describe them, whether it be the SCRUFFY daddy warthog strutting his muddy self with his young in tow, the SLIMY daddy snake coiling around his wiggling hatchlings, or the FLUFFY ostrich guarding his playing chicks.

Tim Warnes' book takes a rhythmic journey of dads and their families doing what they do best in the wild, like splashing Ducks or chirping Otters. More importantly, it does this in a nurturing light culminating with what dads love to do best - giving big daddy hugs. Not to be a spoiler, but the last page is total gathering of all of nature's dads, all hugging and cuddling their little ones.

Beyond the playful use of words, the book is a great expression of illustration by Jane Chapman (who also illustrated Bear Snores On). The art is soft, welcoming, colorful and beautifully rendered. Overall, Daddy Hug is a jungle bundle of fun... for reading to your little one. Review by Ryan LaLonde at Book Dads.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Cute, October 9, 2011
This review is from: Daddy Hug (Hardcover)
I saw this in the library while I was pregnant with my daughter and I was doubled over in laughter as I read it aloud to my husband. What's not to love about getting to call him dirty and slimy in the name of a children's book? In all seriousness, this is an adorable book in a durable sleeved hardcover format with crisp, vividly-colored illustrations and rhythmic use of similar sounds and rhymes. I like to have this be the main book my husband reads to our daughter now (she's 8 months) on the logic that she will learn to associate the word "daddy" with him due to the repetitive use of the word throughout the book. Many props to all the dads out there who take the time to read to your children - it is one of the most valuable uses of your time as a father and your child likely appreciates this special time more than you realize.

5.0 out of 5 stars we want more from this author/illustrator team!, January 14, 2012
This review is from: Daddy Hug (Hardcover)
Two to four words on each page of rhyming, silly daddy descriptions from author Tim Warnes make this an ideal story time book for the toddler set. But it's the accompanying illustrations of Jane Chapman (Bear Snores On) that steal the show. Yes, some daddies jiggle and some are bouncy, some daddies burp, but all daddies hug! All sorts of animal daddies and their offspring are parodied here in illustrations large enough to hold the attention of a group of children. This bright colorful book showing a lion daddy with his cubs on the cover is a must for every library, and a plus for that personal bedtime collection; a great gift for a new dad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations!, July 7, 2008
S. J. Amsler (Little Rock, AR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daddy Hug (Hardcover)
Daddy Hug is a very cute book with beautiful illustrations. The simple descriptive text makes it appropriate for a quick read with our 5-month-old daughter, but I expect she'll continue to enjoy it for years once she's old enough to really look more at the pictures and understand the fun adjectives describing different animal daddies. It made a very sweet Father's Day gift for her Daddy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book for daddies and babies, November 24, 2010
llisa (Near Chicago) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daddy Hug (Hardcover)
I got this one for my son-in-law to read with his baby. I haven't seen too many books in which the daddies are snugly and nurturing. My son-in-law is a great cuddly daddy and this book reminded me of his relationship with his child. Nice illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars So sweet, October 19, 2013
This review is from: Daddy Hug (Hardcover)
We love Tim Warnes books! Mommy Kisses and Daddy Hug are some of our favorite books around here. The illustrations are captivating and the cadence of the words are inviting. The kids very quickly memorize this book and join in when we read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Daddy Hugs, August 16, 2011
This review is from: Daddy Hug (Hardcover)
Since I found this book in my local library, I knew I had to get it.
My little one absolutely loves this book. And I love reading it!
Delivery of the book took +1 month!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for father's day gift for a new dad, May 3, 2010
This review is from: Daddy Hug (Hardcover)
My almost 2-year-old daughter loves reading this on her dada's lap! She started liking this book shortly after her first birthday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for dads!, December 10, 2014
This review is from: Daddy Hug (Hardcover)
This is a favorite book of ours. The photos are bright and vibrant and my baby loves the rhymes.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute story, September 12, 2014
This review is from: Daddy Hug (Hardcover)
love this story and have bought many copies for gifts for new parents

Daddy Hug
Daddy Hug by Tim Warnes (Hardcover - April 29, 2008)
$17.99 $14.21