Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 27, 2010
Mundial isn't Daddy Yankee's best album, but it's one you'll want to add to your collection. The point of Mundial was for Yankee use different world styles into the production. "La Despedida" uses a merengue beat, "Que Es La Que Hay" is a dancehall-flavored track, and "Grito Mundial" uses Brazilian Samba sounds.

Overall, there are some good radio-friendly songs on the album, though I prefer it when Yankee goes hard Sin Jocky style over tracks like "El Más Duro." El Cangriman noticeably uses more auto-tune on this album, including the only song with a guest feature (Tito el Bambino).

My only complaint about this album is that it doesn't include "Intenso", a hot dembow track that Yankee released in early 2010. Also, "El Ritmo No Perdona" AKA "Prende" is only available on the iTunes version of this album, so you won't find it on the CD available in stores or on Amazon. Mundial isn't as hot as "El Cartel: The Big Boss", but it's still a good album to own. The only thing left for you to decide is if you want the version with Intenso and Prende on it.
77 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2013
Daddy Yankee is turning out to be one of my favorite groups. I like a lot of the music which comes from the Caribbean. Of course, there is nothing like being in Puerto Rico and listening to the sounds of the islands. I can't wait to get back there someday. Overall, a decent cd.
on October 14, 2012
este album tiene buenas canciones como la senal,grito mundial y la que mas me ha dejado atonito es la de vida en la noche que me fascina desde el comienzo hasta el final,tiene estilo este disco y esta al nivel de los demas,me llega que daddy yankee siempre este haciendo un buen producto para su gente,siempre de corazon
on June 17, 2010
This new "world" style that Daddy Yankee has taken on is growing on me. During my first week of listening, I thought I only liked two songs. However as time wore on, I found myself liking the majority of the CD. Daddy Yankee has a classy style that mixes urban sound with matured personality and themes. I think it's risky to make a CD that combines elements from other "world" sounds, but Daddy Yankee did a good job while still keeping "Mundial" relevant to today's Reggaeton sound. There are no "palos" (as they say in Puerto Rico) besides "Descontrol," but there are some really really good songs. Like other reviews have said, "Mundial" is missing some key tracks, especially "Desafio," which IS un PALO!!!

That being said, the bachata, dancehall, and car bangers (I made up that last terminology) are solid - "Descontrol," "Vida En La Noche," Mintiendo Con La Verdad" and "La Señal" are very noteworthy and infectious tracks.

Daddy Yankee keeps his title in my book for "the best of all times" in terms of Reggaeton. He's progressing and evolving as a prominent Reggaeton artist while still maintaining his trademark "DY" style.

****

Un buen disco, la verdad. Pero la neta - falta canciones como "Hasta Abajo" y "Desafio," pero todavia hay muchas canciones pa' la radio y los clubs. Me da la impresion que DY ha estudiado los ritmos que van con los estilos que uso' en "Mundial." Para mi, las mejores canciones son "Mintiendo con la Verdad" y "Vida En La Noche" por sus usos de efectos diferentes y nuevos con combinacion con ritmo y letra tradicional. Antes, no me gustaba Daddy Yankee para nada, pero despues del "Talento De Barrio" soundtrack, he cambiado mi opinion de DY.

Te recomiendo que lo compres porque Daddy Yankee ya es el lider de una evolucion REAL de Reggaeton.
on March 9, 2011
Que decir sino que con este disco, daddy yankee confirma su posicion de Big boss!!!! El rey del reggaeton!!!! Cada cancion es buenissima!!!
on April 28, 2010
After almost 2 years Daddy Yankee finally released "Mundial" and to start off, this is an AMAZING album. "Mundial" has a mixture of hip hop, merengue, splashed with electronic sounds, bachata and much more combined with reggaeton. Just by listening to it you can tell DY put a lot of effort into his work. The beats are catchy, the flows are NICE and this album is just great. If you liked "Que Tengo Que Hacer" you will love "La Despedida." "La Senal" is probably the best reggaeton song after "Descontrol." But overall, if you liked "Talento De Barrio" I would recommend picking up this album. Its just straight up excellent I love it. Only flaw is that it didn't include many anticipated songs like "Desafio" "Intenso" and the ones with Luis Fonsi and Jowell & Randy. Still, great album. Watch out Wisin & Yandel. Cause the big boss is back. Daddy Yankee you're the best!
on September 29, 2011
I LOVE TO LISTEN TO LATIN MUSIC BECAUSE I LIKE THE BEAT AND THE ENERGY. MY DAUGHTER LISTENS TO DADDY YANKEE AND UNDERSTAND MORE SPANISH THAN I DO. I USE THE CD FOR EXERCISE PRIMARILY AND AS A ENERGIZER WHEN DRIVING ON LONG TRIPS. IT KEEPS ME AWAKE. I DON'T NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE LANGUAGE TO ENJOY THE MUSIC.
on April 30, 2010
Another hot album from DY! The fusion of world music with hip-hop flavor works well for this CD. If you liked Talento de Barrio (DY's best album) than you'll like this as well. This album came close to being DY's best but Talento de Barrio is one of those that you can listen to all the time without getting tired of listening to. I've had this album for two days now and it only gets better and better. Maybe with time i will consider this being DY's best album. Only time will tell. I rate all songs on this album 4.5 to 5 stars!
on May 30, 2010
I haven't taken this CD out of my car yet, and it's been a month since I got it! This album is so different from DY's previous ones, but I love that about it. My favorite songs are Descontrol, Daría, Que Es La Que Hay, and La Señal, but each song has it's unique own flavor. This album proves that 2010 will be Daddy Yankee's year and I recommend it for any Reggaeton fan. '
on May 5, 2010
This is another excellent DY album, however there are songs that have not been included, like "Prende", Intenso, echale pique, and the ones he did with Don Omar. I guess he might be reloading Mundial at some point. But the songs included in the album are pretty good. The best one is La senal!