Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Daggett & Ramsdell Lightening Soap 3.5 oz.
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 7, 2009
This by far the best lightening soap I've used so far. Last summer I used Dianna Stalder's Kojic Soap without ANY results, but with the Daggett and Ramsdell soap I've seen great results. I have been using this soap for a month and half with remarkable results. I used it to remove my annual summer tan. The key is to scrub this stuff into your skin with a sponge. For my face, I like to soap my hands up with this soap and mix in a little bit of St. Ives Apricot scrub to help the process along. Exfoliation is key. I don't really think this soap will lighten you past your natural complexion if that's what you're going for--this is why I like it personally. I did not aim to lighten up more than what was natural, but to lighten my complexion back to it's original color.

I should mention that I am African American of a light to medium complexion. My natural undertones are gold, red, yellow and brown mixed together, however this soap makes my skin "glow" evenly. It's an excellent "brightener"! Just be sure to use this soap with a good sunblock lotion. I use one with 50 spf.
on June 11, 2013
I bought this soap with the intentions of lightening the blemishes on my face and it did just that. It brightens the skin, leaving your skin radiant as well. I saw significant changes within a week.

How to Use:
Use strictly for face or entire body to even out skin tone. Use an exfoliating buff puff and leave soap on face/body for a few moments before rinsing off. Use daily.
on May 24, 2010
I love this stuff...It is gentle on my skin and I have super sensitive skin and it actually lightens! I was surprised...it's nice, it won't make you an unnatural weird shade, probably the lightest you can go to your natural color, it's good at taking away dark spots and tan lines!
on December 21, 2015
I really like this soap and I have tried countless soaps to help with the prominent skin tanning on my arms. For reference, I am medium skin tone and each summer my arms get darker from the sun. I have been using the soap for 2 weeks now, I do see some lightening but it is not anything dramatic, just slightly noticeable. Regardless, I really like this soap and will most likely repurchase it simply because it's a great soap. It leaves the skin feeling and looking nice and clean. My skin feels super healthy and smooth since I've started using this soap. I have never used a product comparable. I am hopeful that I will see the lightening claims after continued use. Highly recommended.
on August 27, 2014
This product it awesome! Its legit. Used it for a week..and let me tell you honey child its the truth. Cant wait to buy another bar. Its not a bleach but it lightens you. Make sure you put lotion on after you shower. My skin feels ooo-la-la
on October 31, 2010
In a few days I noticed a change; it definitely has brightened my complexion and I love that it's so gentle on the skin.
on September 14, 2015
I used this soap for my acne scars and I got compliments about my skin after two days of using it. The sun was contributing to my scars' hyperpigmentation. It's not irritating and the smell of the soap is pleasant. I did not experience any skin flaking or drying. It's not a "bleaching" agent and did not lighten my skin past its original skin color.
on June 5, 2012
If you are looking for a great all-natural product to reduce freckles, tan lines, ae spots, or just to firm up your skin then this is the product for you! I love this stuff! After the birth of my son, my skin looked extremely dark. I bought this product to try to lighten my skin a bit and because it was stated to be all-natural ingredients. It worked and it did more than I could've ask for! It lightened my skin, my age spots started to disappear, and my skin got firmer. I tried it on my tan lines and then faded away. I'm hooked to this product now and use it everyday. I've even bought some to share with my mother and she agrees that its the best skin lightening product she's ever tried. Give it a try and you will probably love it too.
on November 28, 2015
Got this to attempt to cover up the acne scars and discoloration on my back. After using this until there was no soap left, didn't notice any considerable difference. I have a light brown complexion, so I should be able to notice some difference. The only reason it didn't receive one star, is that it still left me clean.
on June 21, 2015
I don't ever write reviews. If I like something I just tell others, and if I don't I trash the product. I'm a dark skin African American. I get really oily in on the upper part of my face with dark spots on my cheeks from acne scars. I've been using this for 4 days. My face is less oily, my tone is changing, and there is a huge difference in the dark spots.I lather my face and neck really good and leave it on while bathing in the shower and then rinse really well. I've been using organic coconut oil for a moisturizer and sun screen is a must during the day. My breakouts have cleared up as well. I really think it's worth a try and is a great product for the cost.