Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on September 1, 2012
I purchased this bike a year ago.

My advice is have a bike shop tune the bike up immediately when you get it. I got a $35 Groupon bike shop tuneup special, and the bike has not required any further adjustment -- shifts are positive and sure.

Once the bike did try to fold up on me when I was riding it -- I think the fold lock mechanism could be designed better; it has a plastic part that is supposed to lock the mechanism in place. I was not hurt and the bike was not damaged -- I apparently did not quite completely lock it -- but it was a weird experience, like, what is happening here! If you take care to completely lock it, you shouldn't have a problem. For positive locking, I also put a velcro strap around the lock mechanism to hold the lock arm in place, just to be sure.

I kept this bike in my office -- it will fit underneath a table -- and rode it for exercise at lunchtime on occasion. The Schwalbe "Big Apple" tires quite often need more air, so get a hand air pump. The tires are great for urban riding situations (potholes, uneven pavement, etc.).

I had the optional Dahon fenders, front and rear, installed professionally (I probably could have installed them, but just don't have the time). They work well. Nice to know that fenders from Dahon are available should you later decide you need them. Another rear fender option are very cheap rear fenders that clamp to the post. On a folding bike the finders get hit and pushed a lot, so keep that in mind.

I commute by commute train (BART), and this bike can be taken aboard BART trains anytime, even during commute hours.

I have absolutely no regrets with this purchase.
on July 31, 2014
This is a very good looking Bike ... The ride feels solid ... it folds in two with less than 30 seconds ... People can add another minute to remove the handle bar if it need it. The best part is that save a lot of space and it posses regular 26' tires ... so you don't have to look funny riding those tiny pony little tires. Now... How heavy is to carry it ... It's no heavy but also no light either. I'm taking one star off because it doesn't have secure latch once the bike is folded. The Quality components of this bike are good not excellent. So if you like to save space in your car truck or inside your closet. This is a good bike for you !
on July 22, 2016
I have had mine for a couple of years and have used it constantly. I have a shop locally that was a Dahon dealer and so they are knowledgeable about Dahon and how to get parts and service. I have folded and unfolded it hundreds of times without a problem. It travels well. I changed the rims (the stock rims were very good) to a fatter tire so I could use a wide tire on broken pavement. No problem. Love it. Dahon is the best. And don't over look the odd smaller bikes if you just run errands on a bike at the beach or whatever. They ride better than they look they should.
on July 24, 2013
My wife and I purchased Dahon Espresso bikes about four years ago so that we could take bikes with us "inside" our car when we went on long road trips. With a bit of maneuvering two folded bikes fit in the trunk of our mid sized car which has a larger than average trunk. Our luggage goes in the back seat. The Espressos are slightly smaller than our Trek hybrids which are our normal riding bikes and the ride and feel is comparable to the Treks. Would recommend the Dahon Espressos, but shop around because prices vary greatly. We saved a lot by buying new previous years models. Our grown son has a folding bike with the small wheels and the seat and handlebar extensions. He refers to it as his "clown bike". He uses it to ride down to the local hardware store, grocery store etc. to pick up incidentals which is what it is good for. I would not want to ride any long distances on that type of bike.
on October 2, 2015
BUYER BEWARE!
Dahon has extremely firm proprietary control over their bikes. You would think you'd be able to buy a basic part part like a rim only a few years after buying an 800 dollar bike from a company. Well, 7 years ago I bought a Curve SL and the back rim has since cracked. Dahon told me, "We don't' make a 16" double wall rim with 28 hole spokes anymore," They said, "You're on your own!" They were correct! You cannot find the needed rim anywhere on the internet. Simply isn't out there. Moreover, the several dealers and bike shops I've spoken to in Chicago likened finding a 16" double walled rim with 28 spoke-holes to "finding a Unicorn". So basically I have a perfectly good bike with a cracked rim that I can't ride anymore. Nice going Dahon! In retrospect I would not have bought this bike knowing the issues I would have with this company. It's boggles the mind actually.
There, now you are advised!!
on May 11, 2015
I love it! Is a good bike.
on May 27, 2014
Loved the bike, but it arrived with a badly bent front fork. I couldn't get the front tire on because it was bent out of place. Amazon was great refunding my money as soon as I returned it free of charge.