When Dahon released the widely popular Mu Uno folding bike they found that the simple one-speed design was widely popular with urban commuters. It's simple, lightweight, and even looks cool. The Dahon Speed Uno folding bike is a newer, simpler design that is even more affordable. At 24-Pound, the Speed Uno folding bike is one of Dahon's lightest bikes. One of the reasons for this is the single speed with a rear coaster brake. Just like the bike you had when you were a kid, pedal backward to stop the bike with a skid. Folding and unfolding has never been easier or more secure! Dahon's DoubleLok means that every latch has a secondary lock for maximum safety, which also serves as a reminder to make sure the latch is properly secured before riding. And thanks to Dahon's simple and ingenious magnetic latching system that holds the bike neatly together when folded, when you lift or carry this bike it stays together in one neat package. You'll really appreciate this when you're carrying it upstairs, running to catch a bus or lifting the bike into a car trunk. Without brake cables and shifter cables, this bike touts the utmost simplicity. There is practically nothing to adjust or maintain, so for a flat commute, it's a great option. For this price, you won't find another folding bike that's worth riding. Customers can mail in their warranty registration card to: please refer to www.dahonbikes.com.
When Dahon released the popular Mu Uno folding bike, they found the one-speed design fit the lifestyle of urban commuters. It was simple, lightweight, and even looked cool. Now Dahon ups the ante with the Speed Uno, a newer, simpler design that's even more affordable. At 24 pounds, the Speed Uno is one of Dahon's lightest bikes. It's also reminiscent of the bikes you rode as a kid, with a rear coaster brake that requires you to pedal backward to stop.
Folding and unfolding the Speed Uno has never been easier or more secure. Dahon's DoubleLok design means that every latch has a secondary lock for maximum safety, which also serves as a reminder to make sure the latch is properly secured before riding. Thanks to Dahon's clever magnetic latching system--which holds the bike neatly together when folded--the bike stays folded in one neat package while you carry it. This is particularly handy when you're carrying the Speed Uno upstairs, running to catch a bus, or lifting the bike into a car trunk.
And with no brake cables or shifter cables, there is practically nothing to adjust or maintain. The Speed Uno is a great option for a flat commute.
- Color: Shadow
- Speeds: 1
- Folded size: 11.7 by 30 by 25 inches
- Weight: 24.2 pounds
- Folding time: 10 seconds
- Recommended rider height: 4' 8" to 6' 4"
- Max rider weight: 230 pounds
- Gear inches: 64
- Distance (seat post to handlebar): 25 to 25.9 inches
- Distance (saddle to pedal): 26.3 to 37 inches
- Frame: K series, SuperLite 4130 chromoly, forged lattice hinge, patented ViseGrip technology, forged dropouts
- Fork: Integrated, patented Fusion technology
- Handle post: Radius, fixed, patented Fusion technologies, forged aluminum
- Handlebar: 6061-T6 aluminum, Flat bar
- Headset: Dahon Fusion+, Zero stack, cartridge bearings
- Grips: BioLogic Ergo, single density
- Saddle: BioLogic Como
- Seat post: SuperOversize, MicroAdjust, aluminum
- Seat clamp: Dahon Covert, high leverage design
- Rear brakes: Shimano coaster
- Brake lever: Aluminum
- Cables and housing: Dahon LiveWire, SIS housing, slick cable
- Front hub: Dahon Mini, aluminum, sealed
- Rear hub: Shimano coaster, 1 speed
- Spokes: 18/8 stainless steel
- Nipples: Brass nipples, black
- Rims: Aluminum, single wall
- Tires: Dahon Rotolo, 20" x 1.75", high-pressure 65 psi
- Crank set: Cold-forged 6061-T6 aluminum crank arms, hand-polished
- Bottom bracket: CH, chromoly axle
- Chain: KMC Z410
- Pedals: Suntour folding, non-slip
- Kickstand: Aluminum, Dacromet bolt
- Clip system: Magnetix system