Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on August 11, 2013
This is one of my favorite inspirational books. I like how positive you feel when reading and even afterwards...the words just stick in your head...I lost my first copy of this book and am happy to have down loaded this second copy onto my Kindle.....
on May 25, 2014
I read this book a few years ago and found it a good source for centering my life and getting back to what is really important. We moved out of the US and I lost the book. Without a plan, it's easy to become persuaded by the media, new relationships, new environments, social media, etc. I bought it again several years later to remind me to follow my faith and stay true to my purpose driven life.
on October 16, 2011
I read the book and even bought the journal when I purchased this book. I LOVE the daily inspirations it shares. If you want to stay positive and keep in mind what you have already read, then this is the book for you!
on June 1, 2013
More affirmations for those who love and live the Christion life.

Daily reading, then discussions, regarding our wanting to be as Jesus proclaimed.

An excellent book for a bible study

Gracies mom
on May 11, 2014
I am torn about how to review this book. I am glad I read some other reviewers' comments so I know I'm not the only one.

This book has been highly recommended to me by several people I know and trust. But... I'm not sure if I expected too much out of it or if it is just not for me, or what.

I feel like what is presented in this book is nothing necessarily ground-breaking. If I could sum up this whole book in one sentence, I would say the lesson is, "Serve God by serving people." And I agree with that 100%, but... I guess I was hoping for something to more refine my faith.

I do think this book would be helpful for someone that is new to the faith and wants to know where to start. The chapters are short and the language is accessible, so pretty much anyone can read and understand it. The author also gives suggestions about how to apply what you are learning to your life, which I think is a good idea for people who are making the transition from self-centered thinking to God-centered thinking.

I don't think I will be reading this book again, but I might recommend it to people who are new to the faith.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2014
This was an amazing book It open the door there's so many things that's going on in your life. That you start to unravel In understand that in life we have to praise and preach the Word of God to others. This book is really great basically for a group study For two or more
on July 5, 2005
This has far surpassed any expectations I had. This is a great book, and can give anyone the insight they need for their purpose on earth.
on November 21, 2013
Excellent! I normally have a lot of trouble sticking to devotionals or any scripture reading plan. I've looked at all sorts that claim to be great and meaningful for women, for busy people, etc. but they often have an excess of words and a small amount of scripture, with the words meaning very little and the scripture not being relevant to the discussion/questions.
Yes, each day is mostly a series of verses- so if you're looking for a lot of commentary, this isn't the book of you.
This is book is great for me as I've found myself in a season where I need to just meditate on the scripture alone. The verses are presented in many different versions and together really achieve the purpose of each days' reflection. There's a page for notes each day as well.
Rick Warren does a good job of getting to point of vital aspects of our relationship with God each day. I would recommend this devotional to anyone!
on January 14, 2015
I'm not happy about this edition due to the fact that it is not the hard back copy. I own the hard back and so I bought this version that I might have it with me and many of the main points that I enjoy are missing I really want my money back because it's not the book in my opinion. I still think the real book is wonderful but this ebook is missing to much of the meat.
on January 19, 2014
I read Rick Warrens Purpose Driven Life over three times now.It teaches you to LIVE CHRIST LIKE.Kind,thoughtful,gracious,giving of oneself,forgiving,loving those around you in a Christian manner and how to do it without,oh dear,how do I put this....without being a Christian who runs around telling strangers they are going down-under if they don't immediately fall to their knees and begged forgiveness..it tells you how to show others how to let your Joyous Relationship with Christ shine through you and your behavior.
I think as a Christian,you would enjoy this very much,J,