5.0 out of 5 stars Great daily skills practice

Published on July 24, 2011 by Crease in the Page

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great daily skills practice, October 11, 2002
This review is from: Daily Language Review, Grade 1 (Paperback)
With educational and testing standards getting more and more difficult, it is nice having a tool to provide students with practice with language arts skills. These Daily Language Practice sheets give 1st graders a daily dose of basic editing (adding capitals, basic spelling errors, punctuation). They also include a variety of other activities including sorting words, yes/no questions, rhyming words, and other fundamentals. The Friday sheet always has a different and more lighthearted activity. There is also a Daily Math Practice book and I xerox them back to back and use them as bellwork. Both are half-sheets which are completed in about 10 minutes. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool to begin class with, August 5, 2005
This review is from: Daily Language Review, Grade 1 (Paperback)
The books offers a review for many skills children should know. It's a usefully tool to begin class with and have children review what they know. There are questions for each day of the week for a 36 week school year. It has helped my students review concepts they have learned.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids with strong language skills, frustrating for other kids., July 24, 2011
Crease in the Page (Hills of Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daily Language Review, Grade 1 (Paperback)
If your kids are naturally strong in language skills, this is probably a great review for them. My kids are not. They love math and science, but language... no. I started them out with these Daily Language Review books, and that was a mistake. These books don't actually teach any one skill. Each day has a few different activities: spelling, punctuation, grammar, whatever, with just a few questions of each. So for a kid who has strong language skills, this would be great, not too much boring repetition. My kids, however, need each skill thoroughly outlined and instructed and practiced. This book was frustrating and mind-boggling to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for teachers, September 25, 2005
A. Brown "ibannie2" (Lakeport. California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daily Language Review, Grade 1 (Paperback)
I have used extensive grammar and language texts with schoolchildren. And they would hate it! Now I use this book

and it is rather quick, efficient, and to the point.

The children enjoy their sessions as they learn.

You can have them practice handwriting as well as grammar and punctuation. It is really great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well organized and fun, July 27, 2009
Kalani (Westminster, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daily Language Review, Grade 1 (Paperback)
This book is organized by day of the week (M-F) for each lesson. The lessons progress nicely at a very good pace, just a bit ahead of my daughter's 1st grade curriculum. It serves as both a review and daily practice for her. The lessons are also self-explanatory so my daughter can do the lesson all by herself and have me check it. At the end of each lesson is a progress table to show how many (problems) the child has done correctly. Overall a very well organized and fun book. I highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars There are better workbooks..., January 2, 2011
This review is from: Daily Language Review, Grade 1 (Paperback)
This workbook alternates from being overly repetitive to suddenly introducing new and advanced language concepts without using a gradual introduction. I took the time to fill in where the book was lacking, but my child and I found the inconsistency wearing. In addition, considering that I paid more for this workbook than any of the others I ordered, I do not recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, March 22, 2007
Reader (California,USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daily Language Review, Grade 1 (Paperback)
My daughter is in Kindergarten and she likes it. It is well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Daily Language Review, Grade 1 (Paperback)
I am very satisfied with my purchase. The book is in good condition and exactly what I wanted for my classroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 1, 2014
This review is from: Daily Language Review, Grade 1 (Paperback)
Very good book, as non english speaker we bought it for our kids and we enjoy it a lot and learning as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily Language Review Grade 1, April 6, 2014
This review is from: Daily Language Review, Grade 1 (Paperback)
I plan to use this book in my classroom. I have used this book with other grade levels and have really like it. The pages are broken down into a half sheet for each day. I use these half sheets as morning work for my students. Evan-Moor makes great educational products!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Daily Language Review, Grade 1
Daily Language Review, Grade 1 by Jill S. Norris (Paperback - March 1, 1998)
Used & New from: $14.84