4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent use for supplemental science
Published on March 9, 2010 by AkF

3.0 out of 5 stars Daily Science
I'm a little disappointed in this book. Unlike the other "Daily" practice books, this one is much more specific, rather than reviewing general, grade-appropriate knowledge.
Published on November 7, 2010 by Kristi Falcone

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent use for supplemental science, March 9, 2010
This review is from: Daily Science, Grade 3 (Daily Practice Books) (Paperback)
I am a 3rd grade teacher and I love the entire DAILY series by Evan-Moor. The daily science book has a paragraph of information on various science topics that are discussed and studies throughout the 3rd grade curriculum. Each paragraph has bolded vocabulary words with their definition printed on a side bar. This book also contains comprehension quizzes in order to assess the student's understanding of the topic. Unlike the daily math and daily language series, I find it a bit difficult to just print off pages and hand-out the daily science in order (the math and language series you can just print off page by page and hand out in week # order) since I feel this resource is best used by unit. Meaning, when we are studying about clouds, I like to find all the cloud/weather related paragraphs and activities, and use them as a science warm-up daily or even as "seat-work" during those theme units. I feel it is awkward to just print off the pages in order and not have them match up what you are teaching. This is an excellent resource to add as seat-work, homework, or even a science warm-up when you are teaching the corresponding theme.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, May 25, 2011
This review is from: Daily Science, Grade 3 (Daily Practice Books) (Paperback)
I was surprised by how much I liked this book (but then, all Evan Moor products are so good.) I printed off the units and made little books that we used whenever I needed a 15 minute time filler. The best feature is the emphasis on the vocabulary words. I believe if the kids know the vocabulary, they will do much better on our standardized test. My only "con" is that this book just doesn't cover enough topics - no simple machines, no planets, no rock cycle. I like the depth, but not the breadth. I plan to get Daily Science Grade 4 for some of these topics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Review!, May 21, 2013
This review is from: Daily Science, Grade 3 (Daily Practice Books) (Paperback)
I homeschool through a charter school and enjoy using this whole series of books as homework assignments, after my son completes his school work each day. These daily subjects are not intended to be a whole curriculum. They are simply a review to refresh students' minds and help remind them what they've learned (or what they should of been taught) already from their actual school work. You actually can have this book correlate with your grade 3 science book to reinforce each lesson more further. Occasionally, there can be new material that wasn't covered in your science text, which adds for extra lessons to teach if your child completes his school science book early. You can use check out library books to go with the other topics in this book and make it a lot of fun. Another reason why I like these books is because they go on a national level and tend to be more advanced. If you don't buy this book due to it's high price, I recommend you at least purchase the "Daily Math Practice", "Daily Word Problems", "Daily Language Review" and "Daily Trait Writing." Those have helped my son tremendously and be ahead enough to even officially skip a grade after being properly evaluated by a credentialed teacher and principal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Daily Science, November 7, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent homeschool workbook, May 1, 2010
This review is from: Daily Science, Grade 3 (Daily Practice Books) (Paperback)
We've used this book for our science curriculum this year and are pleased with the thoroughness of the book. We'll continue to use the series in the coming years.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Expensive for What You Get, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Daily Science, Grade 3 (Daily Practice Books) (Paperback)
If my son hadn't already marked in this book, it would be going back. Most of the material is fluff. It is no where near challenging enough for a third grader (my son is in second grade, and it is not challenging enough for even that level). Based on the continual references to printing handouts for "your class," I can only assume that this book is intended as busy work to give a harried school teacher some down time. This is not a book for a home school family trying to achieve in-depth learning. All of this would still be acceptable if the book cost $10 or so, but for $20 it is a complete waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Science Lesson Plans!, July 10, 2014
This review is from: Daily Science, Grade 3 (Daily Practice Books) (Paperback)
Great resource to use for weekly lessons that provide in-depth activities for the students to use to include vocabulary, modeling, etc.!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for homeschool!, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Daily Science, Grade 3 (Daily Practice Books) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my homeschool kids. They are 4 and 5 and really enjoy doing science lessons with this book. We often do several lessons a day in conjunction with online research, related reading and art projects. I chose this book because my kids are not up for a lot of writing, but are voracious learners. There is very little writing required, mostly single word answers and a few sentences, so it is a great resource for someone looking for a curriculum for younger gifted kids who have comprehension but are still working on writing skills.

We will be moving on to grade 4 daily science as soon as we finish this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good resource, August 11, 2012
This review is from: Daily Science, Grade 3 (Daily Practice Books) (Paperback)
This book will be a very useful for my students. I like that the themes are current with things in my curriculum.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daily Science 3rd grade, April 10, 2011
This review is from: Daily Science, Grade 3 (Daily Practice Books) (Paperback)
My son loved this book I had to keep him from roaring through it too quickly. I homeschool my two children and the Daily series helps me make sure I do not miss essential topics. The material is well organized, but I wish it had online links for research.

Daily Science, Grade 3 (Daily Practice Books)
Daily Science, Grade 3 (Daily Practice Books) by Evan-Moor Educational Publishers (Paperback - January 1, 2009)
Used & New from: $42.63