Daily price changes I bought a toy, Magna Tiles, a few weeks ago for $120. I went to buy another set yesterday. The price was $189. Today the price is $212. Have you seen these kinds of price changes in other departments? What's going on Amazon?
asked by Wendy Cole on May 30, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
Magnatiles had some flooding at their plant and production has just been gearing back up with products returning to stores. However, during the "shortage" there was a lot of gouging going on with retailers charging many times the normal price. Normal cost for 100 magna tiles is $120. Before the plant problems I bought them at $110, but haven't seen that price since. If you look around you should be able to find an online source at $120/100 tiles. (I'm about to purchase two sets at that price plus $10 shipping).

Prices higher than $120 indicate a retailer that is taking advantage of the temporary low stock to make a larger profit.
Sarah Dumoulin answered on July 25, 2012
Comment | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Same thing here. They were even cheaper than $120 not so long ago. I end up buying them from another on-line retailer for ~$114.00 No point in paying the current price when we know what these things really cost.
Nick Pait answered on November 24, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product