5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the price.
I'm still relatively new to the sport of surf fishing and I was tired of borrowing equipment every time I went fishing with friends. I am only able to go out a week or two a year, so buying an expensive setup didn't make much sense. I needed something reasonably priced, but I also wanted something that wasn't a cheap P.O.S.

This reel was great! I used it last...
Published 20 months ago by William A. Smyly

3.0 out of 5 stars Reel is good but the paint isn't
When i got the reel, there were some small scratches on it and i ignored them. But after i inserted it on my rod, chunks of paint at the connection point started to come off. The reel it self works but the paint isn't good enough.
Published 14 months ago by Mike

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the price., November 27, 2012

This reel was great! I used it last week for some pier fishing and surf fishing. While it wasn't the best fishing I've ever experienced, the reel performed better than expected.

PROS:
Reasonable Cost
Flawless performance
Line tab (to keep your line in place when not rigged)
Able to switch to left-handed (have some left handed family members that may want to borrow)
Smooth retrieval
Easy to set drag

CONS:
The bail arm was a little tight when I first started using the reel, but it started to work perfectly after a few flips back and forth.
No problems with this Reel - I am happy with the purchase.

I used it several days and rinsed the bail almost every day with warm water and then wiped it off with a rag - it still looks like new after many hours of use in the surf. I was a little rough on it, dropping it in the sand and occasionally being submerged by a wave or two. Everything still works like it should.

I recommend this product!

Side Note:
I paired this with: Daiwa BFSF902MHRS Beefstick Surf Rod Spin (9- Feet, 2 Piece, Medium Heavy, 12-30 Pounds)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome reel. just be careful & keep an eye on..., January 9, 2013
There is a little screw with a grip head that screws in opposite the handle. Lost that on my first time out with the reel, fishing at the beach. (The ocean has it now) Amazon replaced the entire reel. LOVE Amazon for backing up their products! Ive since taken the replacement reel about 10 times. No problems! It reels smooth and there is no back-travel when you stop reeling. Less fatigue when you are casting many many times a day or resetting lines because of currents, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, July 15, 2012
I used this reel with a twelve ft. shore fishing rod, twenty pound test 5oz. rigs. Perfect reel. Holds up well under heavy rigs and has a quick retrieval. Great value and a great addition to my tackle box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent drag, April 17, 2013
I used it with the eagle claw rod, it is very strong and drag easyily the 1 KG strong fish in salt water.
I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent item, October 9, 2012
i am happy with this item, works correctly and is very resistant to saltwater, i recomended this item for people lovel the fishing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 8, 2014
seems to be good so far

5.0 out of 5 stars decent reel for the money, June 17, 2014
I caught couple of sharks and bull red with this. For the price, it does the job wonderfully. I use it on my kayak so I'm not afraid to loose it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bargain., April 14, 2014
Very smooth action and cast's well. So far, very impressed and pleased, especially for the price. So much so, that I just ordered another one, just a bit smaller (4500)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Smooth, January 18, 2014
This reel has a very smooth action and hopefully it'll last as long as the rest.
If it's half as good as the rest I'll be happy

4.0 out of 5 stars saltwater reel, December 26, 2013
smooth casting and retrieve. well balanced for type of rod I was using. easily cleaned after use. reasonable well priced

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›