5.0 out of 5 stars This is a GREAT reference bible!
I cannot recommend this bible highly enough!
Published on January 2, 2001 by PEGGY PATTERSON

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality
I received the large print-leather edition yesterday and returned it immediately. The large print wasn't large at all because the pages are too crowded (4 columns), even though the book is 8.5 x 11. As I flipped through the pages the letters were already fading and the printing (title, etc) on the spine of the book was fading as well. For the price that is being...
Published on May 12, 2000 by K. Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a GREAT reference bible!, January 2, 2001
I cannot recommend this bible highly enough!
This is a King James version with the most comprhensive notes and references of any bible I have seen. Each page contains four columns, the center two being scripture and the outer two notes and references. There are also extensive notes at the end of each book, as well as a summary containing the date and place, the author, theme, purpose and statistics. Symbols indicate prophecy, promise, command or message from God.
According to the preface, there are 500,000 cross-references and 35,000 notes! It is mind-boggling to say the least that a person could put such a work together without the use of a computer.
There is also a complete concordance and atlas in the back, as well as many other helpful aids for an in-depth study of the Word.
The only criticism, if you could call it that, is that the print is small. But get out the specs and dig in, you'll get a blessing.
One final thing, with such comprehensive references, if you don't find yourself in complete agreement with the author's notes you will still have a wonderful time with this bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dake Annotated ReferenceBible King James Version Large Print, February 15, 2005
V. A. Harris (Stone Mountain, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dake Annotated Reference Bible-KJV-Large Print (Hardcover)
This has got to be one of the very best books that I have ever purchased. It is easy to read and understand. Loaded with extras to make studying the bible a pleasure. This is one of the best gifts that can be given to a person that wants to learn more about the word of God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!!!!!!!, February 7, 2007
This is a wonderful Study Bible that is Beautifully done. One nice feature is that prophecy's are marked with a black star, promises with a black triangle, Commands with a black circle and message from God with a Black Box. The Bible uses the King James text witch is an excellent version, its two sided columned and has notes on the side columns and bottom. The notes are conservative Christian, evangelical, and Dispensational. The Notes help define and explain the text, key words are shown to us in the Original Hebrew and Greek and are defined. There are also Book outlines and information at the end of each book as well as notes which contain questions and where they are answered in the text, lists, Doctrines, Words study's, Character studies, and much more. In the Back of the Bible are Maps, Diagrams, Dispensational Charts, and a complete Concordance and Cyclopedia index. This Bible is a wonderful Study Tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biblical scholar resource, October 19, 2009
GS LINDERTS (South Africa, Gauteng) - See all my reviews
The Dake Annotated Reference Bible is simply the best biblical scholar resource that I've ever come across. I was pleasantly surprised to have received exactly what I've ordered - delivered on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bible to study the word in depth, July 5, 2010
This book has an indepth search and explanation of scripture. I being only a layperson, it has helped me to understand so many things in the Bible that had before hand gone unnoticed. I am enjoying studying like never before. I highly recommend this Bible to anyone who has a love for the Word.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dake Annotated Reference Bible - KJV - Large Print, December 31, 2010
V. Robertson (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Great product, great price. Much cheaper than from Dake's direct website. Glad that I got the large print...it's larger but still small. It's also a red-letter. It hasn't been set down since it was opened.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most thorough study Bible by far, February 22, 2007
Though, as an Independent Baptist, I don't agree with Dake's conclusions every time, this is a masterful work, truly comprehensive beyond any other study Bible I've had, and I've had quite a few. The study helps alone would fill multiple regular volumes, yet they are at your fingertips right in your Bible. It also comes in large print.

The only disadvantage I saw was very little space for notes (all the space is filled up with study helps) and maybe the concordance could be a little more complete for a work this extensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent condition, full of wonderful notes., February 7, 2009
This Bible has wonderful notes edited and written my Mr. Dake. I recommend it to the serious student.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dake Large-Print, January 26, 2010
The product was shipped expeditiously and arrived in excellent condition. I do wish I had known the dimensions of the actual Bible... but my husband loves it. THANKS!

5.0 out of 5 stars superb study bible, January 26, 2013
I am a retired baptist pastor with a Ph.D. (cum laude) in hermeneutics (Bible interpretation). I am on my 3rd Dake Bible having worn out the previous two. I use it daily and by following the comments, references, etc. developed such a strong Bible ministry while pastoring in Hawaii our church became known as the Bible church on the big island. There are criticisms of Dake on the internet. Some are valid, others are picky. I find I can agree with 90% or more of his theology and use discernment, Any serious Bible student will benefit immensely from using it. NOTE: Large print is still small. It just means the references have been printed larger to the same 10 point size as the scripture. Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: The Holy Bible Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or the King James Version Text: Large Note Edition Black GENUINE LEATHER

Dake Annotated Reference Bible-KJV-Large Print
Dake Annotated Reference Bible-KJV-Large Print by Finis Jennings Dake (Hardcover - October 1, 1999)
$71.00 $57.87
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.