Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on March 26, 2013
I've used this bag multiple time this 2013 season for my snowboard. It's exactly what I wanted it to be. I flew from LA to Vancouver 3 times with it. It only ripped slightly on the second trip, but appears to be from the edge of my board on the inside when it slammed against something in transit. A simple iron on patch for less than a dollar fixed the issue and traveled fine afterwards.

I bought the 157 cm bag because I have a 155 board. However, my 159 does fit. So, you can fit slightly larger boards in these bags than their size states. I normally pack the 159 without bindings underneath my new 155 for added protection. I leave the bindings on my 155. My size 9.5 US boots fit easily in one of the end pockets. I easily fit some clothes, extra gloves, etc. in the other end pocket. I fit my helmet with other stuff in it inside the bag with the boards. I'm also able to fit a couple jackets, board pants, and 2 pairs of shoes in the main compartment as well. I've even go so far as to put my toiletries in this bag (instead of shoes) to be able to get my other small suitcase as a carry-on to save the 2nd checked bag fee. All that, and the bag is still less than the 50 lbs/23 kg limit that the airlines have for checked baggage. Even though it is over-sized, the airlines do not charge me extra for it.

Yeah, it doesn't have wheels and carrying it with the strap can be awkward, but for the price, it's worth it.

I also noticed that this was a very popular bag at the oversized luggage areas. Looks like a bunch of people use it.

BTW, if you find someone's review helpful, please click Yes. :)
on January 4, 2013
I will write a second review when I take the bag out to Colorado this month, but so far the bag is great. It looks like it is made of great material, zippers are great. It fits my 155 board, Size 9 boots, pants and a jacket. I have to try and fit the helmet in somewhere. I am sure it can fit more stuff, but it might be a hassle to carry. It can be heavy with all these things, especially if you have to walk around the airport, to shuttle bus, cab, to your hotel room or a house on the slope... And if you have a nagging girlfriend, FORGET ABOUT IT. HAHAHA

BUT, bag is nice, for the money it is great... I will write another review when I get back from Colorado.
on April 10, 2013
Used this for a 3 day trip to Salt Lake City this winter. Shipped and arrived super quick which was key, as I was leaving the same week. There is adequate padding inside, but not enough to give me confidence if I was traveling more frequently or further distances (it was only 1.5 hr flight). The really nice feature is the separate compartments for the boots on each end. After the end of the weekend I just threw my dirty/semi damp gear into the bag and didn't worry about it again until I got home. I got the 157cm version and it fit my 155cm board just perfectly with my bindings still on.
on January 8, 2013
Ordered this as a gift after much searching and product review.The giftee loved the bag and immediately took it on a ski trip. His 163cm board fit perfect (could fit up to 165 comfortably in this bag), there's a bit of padding so that the board feels protected, and the external boot compartments were a pleasant surprise. There was plenty of room in the bag for gear (hat, gloves, extra coat, helmet, etc). The padded handles and shoulder strap made it easy to carry. The black and grey striped fabric seems very durable and looks great.
on April 18, 2013
This bag fit my 154 board, boots, helmet, my wife's snowshoes, and a bunch of clothes stuffed into the spaces, and kept everything safe on a flight across the country. Very sturdy and appears to be quite durable.
on April 25, 2013
I liked the extra cushioning in the padding/construction and the boot compartments. No problems whatsoever and no dings on my board from the LA - Vancouver round trip flights.
on April 16, 2013
I live in Miami so I dont need a bag most of the time. I used this bag for a recent trip to CO. I was nervous because some other reviews said there isnt much padding however I found the padding to be more than enough. The bag also has plenty of space for helmets gloves boots and some clothes. I packed my bulky items into this bag (helmet, snowboard, gloves, boots, bindings, jacket and pants) which really helped save room in my other suitcase. The bag has very durable zippers which I believe will last a long time. It also has two front pockets on either side of the Dakine logo which is handy. Overall a strong padded and durable bag to safely transport my gear through airports for AN AFFORDABLE PRICE! PERFECT! Hope this helps
on February 26, 2013
I purchased this originally for just my husband but discovered that we could fit both our boards, bindings, boots, and accessories inside. there is a good amount of padding and it protected all our gear during a 4 hour flight there and back. It has a shoulder strap to make it easier to carry but would be infinitely better with wheels. I would not have been able to carry it myself considering its much taller than me but my husband did it with no problem. great bag for the price!
on March 18, 2013
Very good snowboard bag. I've only used it once so far (two flights); padding seems very good, no signs of chafe or wear around the board edges. Handles and strap are solid. Lots of room for clothes/gear in the bag itself and in the separate boot pockets. I was able to put all my gear for a one week mountain trip in the snowboard bag plus one carry-on...a good arrangement given today's airline baggage fees.
on January 16, 2013
Everything was great. Quality zipper and material, but it loses 1 star because when it says padded layer, i had expected there to be more padding. It was big enough to hold all my gear, and all the clothes I needed for a week trip to Colorado. Flying Frontier, snowboard bags count as regular luggage, so the bag practically paid for itself in 1 trip!