5.0 out of 5 stars clip on pocket stop watch
This is the second Dakota watch that I have purchased. My first one was five years old before the battery went bad, so I bought another and replaced the battery in my old one. Now we have two of the best watches around. Everyone asks where we got them because they are so practical. Would recommend them to anyone for any activity!
Published on June 29, 2011 by S. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Big
This watch works fine and the large digital readout is very nice for those who need reading glasses, but have left them somewhere else. However, it is simply too large, too thick, too bulky. It is 3/4 of an inch thick and at least 2 inches in diameter. The advertisement photos do not provide scale, otherwise I'd have chosen a smaller model.
Published on September 26, 2011 by srv

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Big, September 26, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars An expensive disappointment, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Dakota Tough Compass Clip Watch (Electronics)
The watch arrived as advertised. After 3 days the clip broke and fell off. The pins that held the clip were spring loaded and departed at sub orbital speed. My expectation was that this watch was rugged and could be used in active sports. It keeps time and has a clear readable face but the engineering on the clip was not well conceived. Think of it as an attractive piece of jewelry not a robust time piece.

1.0 out of 5 stars broke already, November 17, 2012
This review is from: Dakota Tough Compass Clip Watch (Electronics)
I ordered this on October 19, 2012, received it October 23, 2012, it is now November 17 and the watch has already broken off the clip so much for tough this thing could not even make it a month.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Great Disappointment, January 16, 2012
CandaceVan (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dakota Tough Compass Clip Watch (Electronics)
I've been looking for a rugged, digital, clip-on watch, and I thought that in this product I had found what I was seeking. However, the second time I wore it, the watch-band pin, which holds the carabiner and watch together, snapped.

This is a huge design flaw. Using a spring-loaded watch-band connection pin means that this "tough" watch is incredibly fragile. It broke my heart to return the watch, because it looked so cool, but if one cannot wear it, clipped to one's belt, what's the point of it? I really wish that Dakota would redesign this watch with a truly "tough" construction. I'd be first in line to try it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch is great, May 21, 2013
This review is from: Dakota Tough Compass Clip Watch (Electronics)
Watch is great however the pin attaching the carabiner clip to the watch keeps snapping....I've had it replaced 3 times already and I've only owned the watch for a little over a month. You would think for the price they would have come up with a little more rugged design.

5.0 out of 5 stars clip on pocket stop watch, June 29, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Very functional watch., June 9, 2013
This review is from: Dakota Tough Compass Clip Watch (Electronics)
Date,time and and the ability to illuminate at night and large dial is all I wanted.I haven't checked the other features.I thought the 7/8" thick watch was a bit overdone so I gave it a 4 rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect soldier's watch!, August 25, 2011
This review is from: Dakota Tough Compass Clip Watch (Electronics)
I was very pleased with this watch, as was my son who is now stationed in Afghanistan. And the good part is, it doesn't get in the way when working or typing, it doesn't create tan lines on the wrist, and it doesn't make your wrist sweat when the temps get to 130 degrees! It's a perfect little work-out watch as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Operating instructions leave a great deal to be desired, December 14, 2013
This review is from: Dakota Tough Compass Clip Watch (Electronics)
Not a bad fob watch for the price ... compass re-orienting requires a degree in something ... wouldn't recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Longer pins held up better for holding the clip on, September 2, 2014
This review is from: Dakota Tough Compass Clip Watch (Electronics)
This is my 3rd Dakota clip watch.

I was rough on my 1st, I was welding and doing machinist work for 18 years. I murdered it. Between humping 20' sticks of steel and bumping into my 1" thick bench I tore the pin out. The face was so scratched up you couldn't hardly read it. Longer pins held up better for holding the clip on.

#2 fared better, it lasted long enough for the battery to die and me to work an easier job.

#3 now I'm doing much milder work. I can't stand wearing a watch anymore, so I'm hoping this one will last till I retire.

You've gotta be pretty rough on one of these to rip the pins out. If you do get the next size up length pins. I have a supply from other murdered watches I've owned.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›