5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me.
I bought the watch for my job as a mechanic in a beverage plant. We can't wear wrist watches for food safety reasons and this clips onto a belt loop and holds up well in a harsh work environment.
Published on June 2, 2010 by Doug

1.0 out of 5 stars Unless mine's a lemon, really junky--don't buy
I've had this watch for just over two months and keep it hooked inside my backpack. Unfortunately, I've had to have it repaired twice as the hands keep coming loose and spinning freely. In short, it has been really, really undependable as a watch. Perhaps mine is defective, but I would have to advise against this watch.
Published on September 25, 2010 by Trixie

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me., June 2, 2010
Doug (Minnesota) - See all my reviews
The green coating wears off if scraped against hard objects but the six raised dots around the dial do a good job of protecting the crystal from scratches. If I were to replace this watch in the future I would probably go with the black finish which is more metallic and the luminous hands contrast better against a blue background.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and convenient, February 11, 2010
This review is from: Dakota Watches Mini Clip Watch/Microlight, White Dial, Silver Case 3842-6 (Watch)
My husband has a knack for breaking watches, no matter how durable they say they are. So this time I opted for a clip watch as a gift for him, and after reading other reviews about the Dakota MiniClip, I decided to try it. I'm so glad I did! My husband works with a lot of tools and machinery at his job, and says he never has to worry about his watch getting busted anymore. This one stays clipped to his belt loop, and the clip is very sturdy. The red microlight isn't anything special, but it's fairly handy, and that was more of a bonus for him anyway. He's happy with it, and I don't have to worry about purchasing any more watches! The antique finish is nice too, it looks like a brushed silver.
Side note, we were also impressed with the packaging the watch came in - a small wooden box.
All around, this is completely worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, October 26, 2009
This watch is the perfect size. I read some reviews that you can't read it in the dark. Hog wash! I just put my hand in front of the light and it reflects with plenty of light to read the watch. Also if you just flash a white light on it it is illuminated for quite a while. It clips on my belt loop and I hardly even know it's there. I had a larger watch that clips on and it kept hitting things and finally broke. This watch does not hit anything and looks new after a month plus one week in the pouring rain hunting in Western Washington. If and when this watch finally dies I am getting another one just like it! Also the little red light is plenty bright to find your way around at night or locate something you can't see in the dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, February 19, 2007
I love this watch, it's GREAT! It is a little bit heavy but works out great hanging from my stethoscope at work. It has a very bright light (red) good for the nightshift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy watch, July 8, 2010
I purchased this watch so I didn't have to continue to have a sweaty wrist in the summer from wearing a watch strap. I was very glad to see that this is a quality timepiece with very good construction. The finish is very nice and the accuracy is excellent. The LED is extremely bright and the clip spring is very strong with no chance of opening unintentionally. I would strongly recommend this watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unless mine's a lemon, really junky--don't buy, September 25, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Looked nice but didn't last..., December 7, 2010
I bought this clip watch for a trip to India to help me keep track of a second timezone and clipped it to my camera bag. The paint began to chip and within a day or two it looked terrible. A week into the trip I set my bag down, not dropped, and the face popped off and both hands came loose. The led was bright and the only part that lasted. Next time I'm going to a CVS and a $5 kids watch, it'll last longer.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUYING!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars already broken, February 14, 2010
Within two weeks of purchasing the little gear that sets the time broke off through regular use and now I cannot set time & time in wrong. I am quite disappointed in quality for amount paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust and good looking., March 9, 2007
I stopped wearing a watch a couple of decades ago and never looked back.

Someone's always got the time!

But I needed something I could use when needed, and this serves that purpose perfectly.

It's a little bigger than the pictures look, but still fits snugly into the little change pocket in a pair of jeans.

I usually just clip it to the jeans belt loop.

The red LED is a bit gimmicky, it doesn't light the watch face but if you bend your hand over it you can see ok, and it lights enough to read something held close.

It's extremely robust, which is what I was looking for as I pretty much throw it in a drawer until needed.

Also, the carabina clip is very strong so I have no fear of losing it.

I thoroughly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice clip watch, December 3, 2009
The watch is wonderful, just what I wanted, sturdy looking and quality. I would recommend this to anyone who would like a clip watch with a face that's clear and large enough to read from your belt loop.(unless, of course, your belt loop is down around your knees)
Service was incredible. I ordered it on a Monday and received it on Thursday of the same week. Wore it all day and then checked my email and there was confirmation that it had been shipped. lol They were a little late on that one.
The only drawback is the weight, a bit much for an older woman but I will pay closer attention to the weight when I buy another clip watch.