Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 1, 2006
This music will wrap you in beauty. This is my most favorite of Deva Premal's cds. There are no translations of the mantras, as in her earlier cds, but the exquisite presentation and layered harmonies more than make up for that. Definitely worth having for yoga, meditation, cleaning house, driving, calming children :) and centering one's self right smack dab in the middle of the fact that you are alive!
on May 29, 2005
Dakshina picks you up and carries you gently yet powerfully to deep inner realms...spiraling, spiraling down to a space of incredible relaxation, silence, and joy.

It plays in my house for hours at a time, creating a lush refuge, and such an enticing invitation to return to the stillness pulsating at the center of all of our crazy cyclones.

If I had enough money, I would buy a copy for every political leader on the planet. Om shanti, shanti, shanti....just imagine if you can...
on May 29, 2005
It is my feeling that listening to Deva Premal's latest release DAKSHINA can be a transforming experience. In my opinion, it is her best effort so far. The human voice is capable of communicating tremendous depth and emotion. And Deva Premal does not disappoint. Her voice brings a message alive with love, devotion, and meditation through music that is nothing if not beautiful--beauty embracing truth. If you surrender to the listening and travel in you will not be disappointed.

V. Banik
deva premal and Mitem have been around for quite some time and have become household staples. Mantras have been around for millennia and also a part of life for many.

I have several deva premal albums so I am familiar with her style and voice. I bought this album for the second track "Om Namah Shivaya." I have several other renditions from professionals and armatures but none have that deva quality.

I received an added plus with track number seven "Homage to Krishna"; this has traditional sound and cold make excellent background music to many movies.

In the long run after a long day's work and a long drive home it is nice to gear down and either verge-out or take time to contemplate the ethereal. And who better to take you there than deva premal?

Embrace
on July 26, 2006
I have several other Cds by Deva and Miten. I actually spent 3 days with them at a workshop this past April before purchasing this CD, heard some Dakshina music, and was moved to purchase the CD. Well, wow. I have made this a part of my morning meditation practice, and have shared this music with everyone I know. Several of my yoga instructors used this music during a yoga class, and the class was transformed !

Listening to the mantras combined with Deva's haunting voice is truly a blissful experience. It will elevate you and fill you.
on January 11, 2007
Bought this on a friend's recommendation. It's pretty, but doesn't resonate with my heart as much as some of Jai Uttal and Krishna Das's chanting. She has a wonderful voice, perhaps what I'd like less of is the sweet background music. I liken it to listening to Patsy Cline - an incredible voice, with no need for all the orchestration behind her voice. Would like to hear Deva Premal sing with only the harmonium and/or some tabla.
on June 26, 2005
Another beautiful offering from Deva Premal. The songs flow together and build upon each other for an uplifting yoga and meditation session. I had the pleasure of seeing her and Mitten at the Midwest Yoga Conference. Her music is her meditation and is always an inspiration. My favorite is still the Essence so check that out as well!
on January 24, 2006
I have listened to all of Deva Premal and Miten's CDs daily for the past two years. Dakshina is simply the best! I put it on first thing in the morning following meditation and listen to it for hours. She touches the depths of my Being. Track 4 brings tears frequently, as it pulls my heartstrings in gratitude for the One in all. Patiently anticipating her next masterpiece!
on March 2, 2007
I liked "Love is Space" but I like this much better. I couldn't use the former for Yoga because it didn't fit a practice by following along with the sequencing of the asanas. Dakshina is great for yoga and although it is only an hour long it is good for my short practice days. Also when I am sad about something I want to go to my mat with this cd because it calms and soothes me and brings me to a quiet place. I love the rawness of her voice and soul. Peace to you and me.
on July 23, 2014
This CD has what I think are some of the most beautiful chants/songs Deva and Miten have ever produced. I play it over and over, and it puts me in a prayerful, meditative state each time. Sometimes, I will play a favorite chant again and again, so I can have it playing in my mind all day as a kind of guide. Each one is more beautiful than the last, although my favorite will always be this version of "Om Namah Shivaya," which was played on the 21-day meditation series of the Mentors Channel. For those who love music, this selection has just enough Western influence to draw you in, with enough Eastern mysticism to bring peace to your spirit. Definitely one of the best additions I've made to my collection.