Dalai Lama Renaissance,
which is narrated by actor Harrison Ford
, is the winner of 12 awards
, and the official selection of over 40 international film festivals.
The documentary film has played in theaters in over 100 cities in the U.S., as well as in cinemas around the world. At the edge of the Millennium, the Dalai Lama of Tibet invited 40 of the West's leading, most innovative thinkers to his residence in the Himalayan Mountains of Northern India to discuss the world's problems and how we can solve them. What transpired was unexpected and powerful, and captured by an 18-person 5-camera film crew.
The film features quantum physicists Fred Alan Wolf
and Amit Goswami
(from What the Bleep Do We Know
), Dr. Michael Beckwith
(from The Secret
),national radio host Thom Hartmann
, revolutionary social scientist Jean Houston
, activist Vandana Shiva
(from the film The Corporation
), and others. Beautifully filmed exotic scenery and Tibetan and Indian culture. "SPELLBINDING... An uplifting cathartic journey that grips the soul." "An inspirational revelation for mankind... An everlasting awakening of the heart and mind."
- Actress Diane Ladd - 3-time Oscar & Emmy nominee "Yes I like your questions..." "Certainly, your effort can make some contribution there s no doubt."
- The 14th Dalai Lama - (to "DLR" Producer-Director Khashyar Darvich) "a provocative, even enlightening film." "fascinating, ravishingly beautiful and sonically soothing."
- John Griffin - Montreal Gazette "a moving form of visual poetry" "Captures momentous magic. Applause to the filmmakers for revealing the jewel in the lotus The film is an intimate and stirring testimony"
- Donna Strong - Awareness Magazine "an extraordinary portrait of His Holiness at work." "Some of the best comic scenes in any new film out there right now"
- Bob Graham - San Francisco Bay Times "It is a stunning tour-de-force" "intimate glimpse into the Dalai Lama's life"
- Amy Wong - LA Yoga Magazine "Dalai Lama Renaissance is an interesting portrayal of human ego pitted against compassion and altruism, exemplifying the very essence of the issues facing the world today."
- Todd Mayville - Elephant Journal "Fire up this DVD and prepare to be amazed... The film has a certain persuasive power... Hilarious."
- Ross Robertson - EnlightenNext Magazine "The film rapidly grabs hold of youÖ There is plenty of humorÖ [a] top-notch comedyÖ A journey of self-discoveryÖ The lessons of Dalai Lama Renaissance apply just as much to the audience watching this insightful documentary"
- Ian Bartholomew - Taipei Times, Taiwan "I narrated Dalai Lama Renaissance, because I believe His Holiness is making a positive influence in our world. For me, the film represented an opportunity to continue assisting the optimistic efforts of an extraordinary individual."
- Harrison Ford - actor, narrator of "Dalai Lama Renaissance" "Marvelous film!" "Dalai Lama Renaissance reminds us of some most important lessons."
- Frederick Marx Co-Filmmaker, "Hoop Dreams," and Academy Award nominee 105 minutes
of additional Special Bonus Features
included on the DVD.
"A powerful cinematic documentary A very moving documentary unexpected and powerful Long after it ends, the totality of the documentary lingers, as one contemplates the fact that, if every human being decides to act in the best interest of human kind, we can change the world." - --Stan Robinson - Screen Scene/Arizona Weekly
"a provocative, even enlightening film." "fascinating, ravishingly beautiful and sonically soothing." - --John Griffin - Montreal Gazette
"a moving form of visual poetry" "Captures momentous magic. Applause to the filmmakers for revealing the jewel in the lotus The film is an intimate and stirring testimony" - --Donna Strong - Awareness Magazine