4.0 out of 5 stars Good Paper for a Great Price
Published 20 months ago by Johnathan W. Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but too expensive for what you get
The content is okay but somewhat limited. No comics and some graphics missing. I like to start reading the paper before work but the current newspaper is not available very early (5a.m) in the morning. I don't have wi fi at work so must wait until after work to get current newspaper. Nuch too expensive for the limitations.
Published on June 14, 2012 by ullimc

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but too expensive for what you get, June 14, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs Improvement, October 4, 2012
This review is from: Dallas Morning News (Kindle Edition)
Tried to see if I could replace paper copy with kindle subscription. First issue is that there are no comics. Second is that there are pictures/articles in the paper copy that aren't in the kindle version. Finally there are formatting/typos in the kindle version that you don't find in the paper copy. Overall it could work, but the kindle version doesn't seem to have the polish of the real newspaper.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay, January 3, 2013
Ted Bender (Richardson, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dallas Morning News (Kindle Edition)
You do get the news but not much else. We miss things like comics, theater reviews, Sudoku, Bridge column, and other supplimental stuff.

1.0 out of 5 stars want to cancel, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Dallas Morning News (Kindle Edition)
did not know there was no arts and entertainment section. now i want to cance after one editionbut cant figure out how. frustrating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Paper for a Great Price, January 10, 2013
Johnathan W. Hill (Corpus Christi, TX, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dallas Morning News (Kindle Edition)
I have the Dallas Morning News Kindle edition and only the Kindle edition. I was born in the area but moved away to South Texas so it is a rare occasion when I get the paper edition. So, that being said, I really can't compare the Kindle to the paper and tell what is missing and what is not. I can tell you that there are no comics or anything like that. Really most of the "fluff" is gone and all the is left is generally Global, State, and Metro news; sports; and Business. Which, is perfectly fine with me...those are the things I read the paper for anyway.

I took a star away because there are some minor formatting issues. One of the most common I have seen is that sub-headings within the article are not bolded and are often no indented, so on occasion, I will become confused when I read a sub-heading and mistake it for part of a sentence.

Other than that, it is a great Texas paper for a very respectable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Paper in town, July 1, 2014
This review is from: Dallas Morning News (Kindle Edition)
I have been a subscribed for 40 years. Now I can get access to the news from my Kindle or phone when away from home.
Many people are going to the "wire" for the news. I contiue to enjoy holding the paper in my hands when I read. Just my generation.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only good for local Dallas news. Rather shallow in both research and opinion., March 28, 2014
This review is from: Dallas Morning News (Kindle Edition)
Since the Dallas Morning News is the only newspaper that covers local Dallas news, those of us who live in Dallas and wish to remain informed are required to read it. However, if I was not a Dallas resident I would have no interest in this newspaper. The local writers are acceptable, but the editors' take only cursory interest in important National stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars My view of the Dallas Morning News., January 14, 2014
This review is from: Dallas Morning News (Kindle Edition)
I have been a subscribe of the Dallas Morning News for 35 years. I use the electronic version whenever I am traveling as I am now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Obituaries??, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Dallas Morning News (Kindle Edition)
The articles are fine and it's nice to read the paper without all the advertisements. But, we cannot get the Obituaries and have called the customer help desk twice and nobody there could answer the question. Was even told by one rep that she would ask IT and call me back... of course, no call.. Are we supposed to get the Obituaries on the Kindle version and if so, how?? Very frustrating...

4.0 out of 5 stars Dallas Morning News, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Dallas Morning News (Kindle Edition)
good but no funnies or dear Abby, I would rather have a real paper. The e-news paper worked very well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›