Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on August 8, 2013
One of the best seasons in the history of "Dallas", "Dallas 2-Season 2" revolves around the death of J.R. after the sudden death of series mainstay and star Larry Hagman. While filming the fifth episode in Dallas Larry got extremely sick and within hours died.

This left the writer with a real dilema: how to write off the most popular villin television soaps ever had. J.R. does die, but its the aftermath of what his death brings to the other characters the is interesting.

All 15 episodes are exciting, sexy, suspenseful and involving.

Of importance to note too is the virtuoso performance of former "One Life to Live" star Judith Light (a two-time Tony and Emmy winner) to the cast.

Sit back, enjoy some old friends and new ones and see a prime time soap that will never die!
77 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2013
I started watching the original Dallas with my grandmother back late seventies. I am know sharing it with my kids. The new Dallas is as good as the original. The actors they have chosen to play Christopher and John Ross are the "new" Bobby and JR. Josh Henderson has captured John Ross to a T! His depth and drive as JR's son, tip to tail, is wonderful to watch.

I hope TNT will continue with the show, it will be hard with JR gone, but if they give the actors the story they will carry it.

RIP Larry Hagman! Thank you for all the years of wonderful entertainment!
on February 18, 2013
Okay...so it's not vintage Dallas, but it's just great to see Bobby, J.R. & Sue Ellen together again. I'm sorry for the loss of Larry Hagman. He brought legitimacy to the program, but I'm sure Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray will continue to do the same. The younger actors that portray the Characters of John Ross and Christopher do an admirable job of playing the dueling cousins. I'm not as impressed with the female characters. I could take them or leave them. I do like Bobby's wife though. The only thing I wish is that, the music had more of a presence in the show. It's just there...it doesn't move the story along, doesn't intrigue me in any way. The music of the old Dallas show was almost another character. I would recommend the series to original Dallas viewers, but with caution that it's still growing, so give it and the characters a chance.
on August 12, 2013
I am a huge dallas fan since it's first aired in 1978 so i am very emotional now that larry left us for good.
Another great season full of scemes nice plots and twists and half of it full of "J.R" in his last appearrances.
this season is a collectable item only because of larry's death.
on February 5, 2013
Season 2 picks up pretty much where the first season ended. Dallas doesn't disappointed in the edge of your seat anticipation or in the twisting plots. I can't wait to see what the rest of the season has in store for the Ewings, Elena, Sue Ellen and all the others!
on March 4, 2013
I really loved the original. It had its run for sure.Like all good things it got old and could not go on forever. What I loved about it as a boy were the beautiful women on the show. Victoria Principal, Priscilla Presley, and so on. At one point a former Miss America was even a cast member.Look it up. One thing that stands out to me big time, is all the "work" that the younger actresses all have done. Blame it on 1080 HD or whatever. Jordana Brewster is pretty but her forehead is so stiff none of the actress have a single wrinkle on their botoxed foreheads. Cliff Barnes' daughter has that weird line across the top of her nose too. The last Dallas had less silicone less plastic surgery,more nostalgia.Besides my rant on the "work" I love this show and I never miss an episode. If you liked Dallas the last time it was on and you want more what are you waiting for. RIP Larry Hagman I really wish I could have met you.
on March 16, 2014
Rest in Peace J.R. Ewing - Long Lives J.R.
We have long waited for a continuing show from the original "Dallas" which run for 14 years and TV Specials. This second (16th) Season is very emotional because Larry Hagman died during the season and the writer/producer got the dilemma to write to scripts/storylines but in my mind: they did a good job.

Episode 8 is about J.R.'s funeral and homage to Larry Hagman. At J.R.'s funeral have some "Woman" from his past-life a cameo.

But who thinks the show is now at the end - forget it... J.R. still has some surprises.
Its entertaining, thrilling... Sue Ellen (always great Linda Gray) is going to be now more or less the bad guy... Valene (Joan Van Ark) is showing up in Dallas, also Gary (Ted Shakelford) and more surprises.

Ann is dealing with her past. Christopher is trying to find his Mother Pamela Ewing (Cliff Barnes sister).

Its still very interesting to see the Ewing family and how they deal with their business, family and trouble with the enemy Cliff/Rebecca-Pamela Barnes.

THE DVD:
Sound and Picture Quality are great.
Contains english subtitles

Bonus-Features are interesting, several documentaries like the fashion in Dallas, Interviews with Cast/Crew, a last Interview/Conversation with Larry Hagman, Remembering/Homage to Larry Hagman, a extented cut of a episode.

FAZIT: for long time Dallas fans definitive a MUST have.
Sure there a few things I don't like but that does happen sometime in a TV show a few times.
on March 12, 2013
I was a fan of the original; and did not watch this new series from its inception; but when Larry Hagman passed away, and TNT announced there would be a "proper" send off for JR; I gave it a try, and was not at all disappointed.

This episode did have several original cast members; and I found myself just as engrossed by it as I was by the plotlines of thirty plus years ago, it kept my attention from start to finish.

Considering the ratings, the writers and producers will need to be just as creative as they were in developing an episode based on a main characters unexpected death. If they are successful, I can see it continuing. It's sold me on @ least going back and catching up on episodes missed, and following the remainder of the season.
on December 15, 2013
Best Show Ever! You never get bored. Always wondering whats going to happen next!! This is my favorite show in a very long time, they don't make it like this much anymore
on April 2, 2014
It has been great seeing Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffey and Linda Grey reprise their original Dallas roles in this new Dallas series. All in all, the actors portraying their offspring do a pretty good job of carrying on the Ewing and Barnes legacy although Josh Henderson tends to overact in many of his scenes to the point it becomes distracting to the story line. Now that Mr. Hagman has passed, it will be interesting to see how the writers progress the series without him. His masterful portrayal of J.R. Ewing will never be replicated. Having had the good fortune to be at South Fork during the reunion of Dallas stars, I met all of the main actors and found them all to be both down to earth and friendly. Each one took the time to personally greet us as we meandered about. I will always treasure that time especially now that Mr. Hagman is gone and the other original cast stars are getting up in years. One can only hope they will continue to be around playing their respective Dallas roles in this new series for a long time to come. One side note - It is very sad that Victoria Principal declined to either appear at the reunion or to reprise her role as Pam Ewing in this new series. It was reported that she wanted to distance herself from both the cast and the show as a result of professional disagreements that ocurred years ago during shooting of the original series and that ultimately resulted in her leaving the show.