Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on February 17, 2011
This book grips you from the very first page. Ms. Urban told a gripping, sad, complex, and mind boggling story. It was original in that it wasn't but had great unexpected twist and turns. This is a story of revenge from "THE MASSES". Yes, this revenge plot is from one but includes many. It is a truly eye opening story that some people "NEVER" change. Nikki shows in great detail that you truly do reap what you sow and that sometimes only revenge can set you free.
on July 6, 2011
Damaged Goods was a rollercoaster ride. Allow me to explain. The plot was original, illustrations of pure and unadulterated revenge like none other was orchestrated by the main character, Vashtai. The twists and turns will truly leave the reader dizzy, and for those readers who are sensitive to subjects such as rape, incest, murder, and sodomy, it may leave you with a weak stomach. Nikki Urban dug deep into the abyss of pure evil to deliver the ultimate recipe for revenge.

The content flow was challenging and the grammatical mishaps diluted this page-turner, unfortunately. Make no mistake, Urban holds nothing back. Damaged Goods is raw and uncut. The character development was puzzling and incomplete. As a result, the impact left on the reader made the rollercoaster ride less fun than anticipated. Two thumbs for originality, as well as the book cover. HOT!
on March 2, 2011
I did not enjoy this book. The only reason I even finished it is because I paid for it. The plot was unrealistic and don't even get me started on the errors in grammer. Maybe her second book will be better...
on March 14, 2011
First, I would like start off saying congratulations to my girl Nikke on publishing her second book. I enjoyed the storyline of Damaged Goods. Because I speak to her everyday, I have voiced my opinions (which are strong) about the book several times now. The only reason that I am writing this review is because of a comment left by another reviewer about her needing a psych eval. Please rest assured that my girl is NOT CRAZY. We have discussed the different topics that are in the book and why she chose to create some of the events. All of the events were purely fictional and she has no first-hand knowledge of these things.

As far as the editing goes, that was my comment on the book to her. We have discussed in depth the editing and I know for a fact that she is about to re-issue a newly updated version of the book.

If you are interested in a book that has many twists and turns and has a passion for revenge, this book is for you. Do not let the negative comments sway you. Give it a shot. You won't be disappointed.
on August 10, 2011
I feel in love with the story from the sample, and I just wanted to know what would happen at end. So I bought the book and it was great. It has nothing but drama, suspense, craziness, and not to mention whole total ultimate revenge at the end, all wrapped in one... I like the story line and the characters they we're described perfectly. Nikki Urban you need to come on out with a sequel girl. No doubt cause this story will have you at the edge of your sit, turning from page to page, to see what's next!!

Although I gotta say James was a sick bastard and deserve to what happened to him and more. He was just a nasty, diabolical, depraved, and a no good evil man that loved to hurt every female he came in contact with. Smh my at him... Along with his friend Chris. Tyrone, I felt a lil' sorry for him, cause he really didn't know no better but he was still wrong for doing what he did to his ex gf Shawn. And as for Vasthai, she shows how to really payback and get the last laugh on who has scorned her! Great read, Great story. Definitively a must buy!!!
on August 6, 2013
This is the second book I have read from this author. I love this book as well as the first one. Now I recently got into Urban Fiction and really did not know what to expect. so far I love the feel of this genre The fact that I have to keep thinking about scenes from before to reference the current situation I find to be a very good thing. The storyline was exciting and heartbreaking at the same time. It is not a book to be read quickly, it is also not a book to be taken lightly. You have to pay attention to what you are reading in order to follow along. I would read this book over and over again. She is a new author and she has talent. Now the book needed a little more attention to some details here and there, and yes editing should of been a little better. Bottom line this is a great read and I for one am on to her next book.
How far is too far when going out to get revenge? In Damaged Goods by Nikki Urban, Vasthai will stop at nothing to see the man who did her wrong feel her pain. When her son, Tyrone, goes to jail for a violent crime Vasthai is reminded of her past. She sees red and decides the time has finally come to face her past. Besides genetics, what do mother and son have in common that starts the wheels of revenge in motion?

Tyrone regrets his actions, however it is too late to do anything to change the past. He sits in jail and remembers the actions that got him there. He longs to see his family, especially his mother. When she pays him an unexpected visit, a funny feeling enters his body. Tyrone enjoys his time with his mother and listens to the story of her past, making him see red, too. What does she tell him? And what can he possibly do about it while locked up?

Damaged Goods is not for the faint at heart. The subject matter in this book is strong, and so are the characters. The main character is ruthless. Every time I thought the story could not get any better Urban threw in another twist that had my mouth wide open. This was my first time reading this author and I was truly impressed. I read an uncorrected proof, and hope the proper editing was done for the final copy. I recommend Damaged Goods to readers of urban erotica. You will not regret it.

The author provided an unfinished manuscript for review purposes.

Jennifer Coissiere
APOOO BookClub
on September 22, 2011
Damaged Goods was pure fiyah!!! I loved Vashti's story and her revenge on the man that did her wrong. You reap what you sow. He did wrong so he had to pay for his misdeeds. Nikki Urban is a fantastic author. I love all of her books. I would recommend her books to anyone... I look forward to reading her next book.She has made me a fan for life. I give this book 5*****. If you have not bought it yet go ahead and buy this book, you won't be disappointed.
on June 18, 2011
Vasthai suffers a brutal rape at sixteen.Fifteen years later her son,Tyrone,commits the same crime she suffered....

Though this story was a little far fetched (after all it is fiction) it was a good one...makes one wonder if rapists carry a gene that is passed on to their off spring.

Vasthai did a lot to get justice and closure for her attack...could and would not rest until the deed was done.

This story of rejection and revenge was thrilling.

3.89 rating.
on February 20, 2012
Right price for this book LOVED it a lot. I just couldnt seem to put my kindle down. When my eyes got tired I just keep on READING and READING, and READING. Vashit got a man back from her past and in her doing it all it captures the reader's attention. Great 2nd novel from this author. Keep the books coming chic!!!