5.0 out of 5 stars Hate to see it end
From the brilliant Pilot to the series finale, this incredibly written, casted, acted show has left me wanting more when each episode is over. I assume if you are considering buying the final season, you have seen the first four and know what a masterpiece this series has been. The ending does not disappoint!!
Published 21 months ago by Glenn Coco

1.0 out of 5 stars A GRAND FAILURE TO AN OVERALL GREAT SERIES
Published 5 months ago by Michael Dorr

5.0 out of 5 stars Hate to see it end, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Damages: The Complete Fifth (Final) Season (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars A series that gets better and better with each episode, AND with each season!, March 22, 2013
This review is from: Damages: The Complete Fifth (Final) Season (DVD)
This is what quality television is all about. I was skeptic about watching Damages when I first heard about it. A law show with a bunch of sociopaths running a courtroom. When I checked out the first episode, I was immediately hooked. Each episode carries on from the last, and it grapples you further into the deception and suspense. And each season has a terrific storyline. The final season doesn't disappoint. I was nervous that the last season might not be as great as previous seasons, but season 5 has just as much quality as any other. It's a shame it had to end. But then again, shows that last forever tend to lose their shine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Damages Goes Out On Top, April 18, 2013
Kcirtap (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Damages: The Complete Fifth (Final) Season (DVD)
Whenever it comes to final seasons of shows. About 90% of them usually have let down down farewells. Not Damages. The 5th and final season picked up the pace, and ended with a series finale that withheld a strong message. Compared to the other seasons of the show, I would say that it's the second best to the first season. Very sad to see it go, but 5 seasons was enough time to tell this amazingly tragic story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, July 19, 2013
The entire series was excellent - from the first episode thru the last scene. I thoroughly enjoyed the journey. The acting was superb - Glenn Close deserves an award of excellence for keeping us riveted to the screen. Rose Byrne was the perfect foil for the evil damsel - but she was no angel either. What a cast. Every season was brilliant. Thanks to the writers, producers, support staff, camera operators and crews. Great entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sly and Vicious, July 18, 2013
This review is from: Damages: The Complete Fifth (Final) Season (DVD)
This is definitely an all time t.v. series with all actors at the top of their profession. I have to say that Close was the only actor that could have pulled this part off. She can say more things with just her facial expressions, than others can do with their voices. Just watch her eyes and you realize that you are dealing with someone that can chew you up and spit you out. She also did a great turn on acting in The Shield. It would be hard for me not to rate this 5 star. Great series!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show!, July 29, 2013
Having watched all 5 seasons now I am at a loss since this was such a huge pleasure to watch. Luckily it is also the kind of show I will go back and watch again in its entirety. This season does not disappoint. I have read the reviews and some say it is boring and badly written/edited...I wonder if they have seen any of the other seasons because the editing was spot on and followed the theme of the whole series. Also, this is a closing season which means we all needed a little more time to allow the characters we have all grown to love to move on and wrap up the whole story. Where as previous seasons the final episodes are packed with mystery and quickness only to get you to the final minuets where all of the little details find their place and lock up the entire seasons story, this finally also had the task of forever wrapping up the stories that we have followed for years. I didn't want it to end. This is a show worth every award, incredibly acted, directed, scripted, edited, produced. I assume it will take ten years to find another show of this caliber. Luckily I can re-watch all of these in the mean time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, July 19, 2013
Exceeded my lofty expectations. Glenn Close and Rose Byrne are both brilliant in this final season. I'd recommend this show to anyone who likes intense drama with some suspense thrown in for good measure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV series, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Damages: The Complete Fifth (Final) Season (DVD)
Glen Close is absolutely magnetic and magical as Patty Hewes. What a talent. I have seen all the episodes. My favorite is this last season. This is the best money you can spend. If you get a chance, buy all the seasons. My other favorite
was the Arthur Frobish storyline in a previous year and Ted Danson in the lead role.

5.0 out of 5 stars You're Going To Love The Final Season!, August 23, 2013
I loved this season! It was very intriguing. Glenn Close was just fabulous! Would highly recommend it to anyone who is still on the fence. I wished they would have created additional seasons. Watch the shows and you'll be glad you did!

1.0 out of 5 stars A GRAND FAILURE TO AN OVERALL GREAT SERIES, August 9, 2014
This review is from: Damages: The Complete Fifth (Final) Season (DVD)
Just watched Season 5 on Netflix. After four interesting seasons with superb performances (Martin Short and John Goodman deserved Emmys!), I was amazed with such a dismal final season. There are no great adversarial actors to vie with Close or Byrnes (Judd Hirsch is absolutely wasted, though I'm sure he enjoyed the paycheck!) as previous seasons boasted in abundance. Worse yet, and probably most damning, are the two lures that the creators completely discard, mainly that Byrnes will testify in the custody battle against Close and later that they will vie against each other in the courtroom, which on an essential level the whole series has been heading toward. Neither happens! What a tremendous letdown and F-U to loyal fans! Instead, we are subjected to plotlines that don't develop anywhere meaningful, hackneyed turns, and implausible occurences. Patty tracks down her son, who one moment is a homeless low-end drug dealer, but then we see him in a limo and we're provided with no explanation as to what he is doing and how he became so successful. Likewise, Patty is up for a Supreme Court nomination, in which she expresses interest, but then . . . nothing, of course! We never hear how it turned out. After four seasons of Byrne wanting to take down Patty for trying to kill her and for indirectly leading to her fiance's death, she surrenders all her evidence to Patty, because she says that losing a son is worse than going to jail! Really!? After so many years of dealing with her former boss, doesn't she know that family means little and her career everything? Being disbarred would render the best justice that Byrnes could ask for, but instead she just . . . hands it over! And did they ever catch the killer of Patty's son? We're never told, but if they did, wouldn't he confess everything, sending Patty to jail regardless of Byrne's intentions? And the false bait-and-switch that Byrnes is dead (in one scene blood seems to be seeping from her head in a halo-like effect) is just inexcusable on behalf of the creators! And the whole Wikileaks storyline that acts as a pointless interloper for much of Season 5 is just not as interesting as previous seasons' ripped-from-the-headlines plots. All in all, a grand failure to an overall great series. Stop at Season 4 and you'll be satisfied. Sure, you won't know how their relationship turns out, but after watching nearly ten more hours, you'll be no better enlighteneed or enthralled. Your imagination is sure to come up with a better conclusion.

Damages: The Complete Fifth (Final) Season