‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Rating the show, not the release., March 20, 2012
This review is from: Dan vs.: Season 1 (DVD)
I could not be more excited to see that Dan Vs. is coming out on DVD. I watch it every Saturday and it is steadily gaining popularity as people discover the HUB (formerly fox kids) channel. The show features Curtis Armstrong (Booger, Revenge of the Nerds) as the main character, Dan. He is angry at the world and launches a new war on something every episode. His best friend Chris, voiced by Dave Foley (Kids in the hall/News radio) is his go-to guy for rides, money, food, etc. and always winds up getting into trouble with his wife and usually winds up injured as well. All I can say is that I'm in my mid 20's and this show cracks me up, I guess some parents may not think it appropriate for very young kids but I think it's all in good fun and no worse than a lot of other shows out there. It is by no means another family guy or south park and doesn't have foul language or sexual overtones. The only thing people complain about it his attitude, which is the best part of the show! If you love anti-hero characters, and Curtis Armstrong's amazing voice, you will love Dan Vs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Calvin and Hobbes Grown Up, June 27, 2012
This review is from: Dan vs.: Season 1 (DVD)
Dan Vs. might be the most underrated show on TV. While it is marketed exclusively as a kids show, it's a fun and entertaining comedy for viewers of all ages. The humor is a perfect blend of smart and irreverent, and it's got great jokes for the whole family - from the youngest kid to the most disaffected teen.

In many ways, Dan Vs. is the spiritual successor to Calvin and Hobbes, the greatest newspaper comic of all time. Dan is pretty much a twenty-something Calvin, a pint-size philosopher who believes that revenge is the best way to right all of the things that suck about the world. He's a wonderfully misanthropic ball of hilarious ideas, always dragging his reluctant friend Chris into the sort of bizarre schemes that we all wish we could pull off. Haven't you ever wanted to declare war on traffic? Ever spent a bad day at the beach? If you're the kind of person who loves to hate, don't hesitate to pick up this DVD set.

5.0 out of 5 stars cant wait!, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Dan vs.: Season 1 (DVD)
once i just happened to have the TV on while i was doing housework and this show came on. I just had to stop what i was doing to watch it. i love this. i love that the main character is anything but a role model, but an ordinary angry little man. he has such determination and always can easily justify his anger and his actions. I wouldnt think this show is really aimed at children, but rather a more mature audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure awesome!!!!, July 24, 2012
This review is from: Dan vs.: Season 1 (DVD)
Usually my reviews need to be a little long-winded to explain, but this, this is just funny, and without a doubt excellent! I agree with another reviewer calling this show "Perfection". I have not yet finished watching all episodes, but I saw them on the Hub channel. To wait to review this at the end would be a shame to rush the episode set. Video and sound very nice for standard DVD, obviously it helps that it's a current show. All episodes are easily good but it still manages to have some high points: "Dan VS Technology", "Dan VS the Animal Shelter", "Dan VS the Ninja". Only a bit surprised there was no blu ray released, but the video is so well taken care of, this one might be in a category by itself for not needing it. But I can still group this near "Code Geass" for wondering how blu ray could give it more. Code Geass is my one absolute choice for what could be totally outstanding if ever enhanced by blu ray quality. I think that one is really the one that needs to show what the best of blu ray can do!

So see Dan VS, and when you see it I hope you will be one of the dedicated Super Fans who saw picking up the DVD as a necessity.

5.0 out of 5 stars HILARIOUS...AWESOME SHOW...CREATIVE WRITERS, May 19, 2012
This review is from: Dan vs.: Season 1 (DVD)
My husband and I love this show!...and we are 37. My nephew is 10 and he loves it. The main character Dan does things that most of us wish we could do. And he says things out loud that most of us only think. Like the episodes where Dan gets revenge on traffic....or when he gets revenge on technology...for example. The concept and writing of this show is very creative. It is a PG show....and it is funny for both adults and kids alike. We can't wait for this to come out on dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars This show... perfection., May 16, 2012
This review is from: Dan vs.: Season 1 (DVD)
For some reason, I just love this show. Apparently it's aimed at kids, but I'm 19 and I always get a kick out of it. The main character, Dan, is such a bitter, short, pathetic jerk of an anti-hero that you can't help but love him. His "sidekick" Chris is a funny character as well, despite his normal-ness. Elise, I can take or leave - the more Dan getting into his hilariously overblown wars with inanimate objects, sports, countries, what have you, the better. If you don't feel like spending your money, check it out on the Hub or try to sneak a look online. It's a thoroughly enjoyable show, in my humble opinion, mainly because of that jerk Dan. I'm excited it's coming out on DVD and will definitely own it as soon as possible! Woohoo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Original and really funny, September 26, 2013
This review is from: Dan Vs. (Amazon Instant Video)
Dan Vs. is one of the only crossover TV/Cartoon programs I've seen that pulls off Adult comedy and family friendly content together. I'd watch this with my niece and nephew and we all laugh! It's a shame the show had to end the adventures are always fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, September 21, 2013
This review is from: Dan vs.: Season 1 (DVD)
I love Dan Vs. there so much to say about the show - brilliant dialogue! Very fun story lines - I'm surprise not more people know about this show...

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE DAN VS!, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Dan vs.: Season 1 (DVD)
Dan VS. is a funny halarious show about a little man who likes to get revenge. I can't belive its rated PG but really I don't care. I will always love Dan VS.!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vengeance, thy name is Dan!, November 29, 2012
Sylvia J Reed (HENDERSONVILLE, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dan vs.: Season 1 (DVD)
This is one of the most clever and original shows on TV. The three main characters, Dan, Chris, and Elise each have their own distinct personality that make each episode engaging and hilarious. Dan comes off as a sociopath, but really he's just sensitive. VERY sensitive. He just can't get past the annoying little things in everyday life that the rest of us just deal with. Chris is the complete opposite, and is often the voice of reason in Dan's insane schemes, although he is a huge pushover and usually goes along with his best friend anyway. Elise is Chris' wife, who is a spy and a government agent, although this is kept a secret from everyone, even Chris. She disapproves of Dan's revenge schemes, but generally does not stop her husband from going along with it, and even joins in herself sometimes. The animation can be a bit shoddy at times, but the writing more than makes up for it. If you haven't seen this show, then you're in for a real treat. Dan's the kind of guy you would hate in real life, yet you can't help but love him as you watch him go against such annoyances as traffic, the dentist, Canada, his best friend's in-laws, Santa Clause, and so many more.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Dan vs.: Season 1
Dan vs.: Season 1 by Brian Sheesley (DVD - 2012)
$14.98 $9.96