5.0 out of 5 stars Good one
Published on June 2, 2011 by hotsummer

2.0 out of 5 stars very loud
I replaced an old LG 6000 btu air conditioner with this smaller unit. It works well but it is very loud, much louder than the previous unit. Also the plastic front panel is not attached firmly enough to the rest of the unit, when the compressor is on, it vibrates against the frame creating a really annoying noise.
Published 3 days ago by Brice A

5.0 out of 5 stars Good one, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Danby 5,200 BTU Compact Window Air Conditioner with Digital Temperature Control & Remote (Kitchen)
I just bought this air conditioner for $119.99 from Costco 2 days ago.(I think that it is on sale right now, there are three kinds of air conditioners in Costco now, this one is the smallest one which I can carry). Last night, it cools down the living room(inluding the kichen) and my bedroom. I thought that I just need a small blanket. But this air conditioner seems powerful and I covered myself with down comforter later. This air conditioner is relatively quiet(I am really sensitive to noise), so for some(most) people, this one is probably really quiet. I like its' size and weight because I lift it up and set all things up all by myself( female, thin) with no problem. Easy install, :) Overall, until now, I am satisfied with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars great a/c, September 5, 2011
This unit beats the pants off the others Ive had. All the previous window units by Goldstar Ive had failed in about 2 seasons usually, they suddenly stop cooling and it's likely an electronics issue.
But this DANBY, wow! first thing I noticed was it puts out a hurricane of air that is much stronger than any other unit Ive owned, and it pumps out the cold air.

Im packing it away soon after it's 2nd season of use.
My 1930 house is about 1100 sq ft with R100 insulation in the attic, about R24 in the walls, and this one unit keeps the ENTIRE house around 72-74 degrees when it's over 90 outside and humidity around 90%, that is very impressive for even a 10,000 BTU a/c to do, and this one does it with 5200 BTU, so if you use this in a smaller room than my entire house, you can be sure you'll need to turn it to "low" or go with a smaller model than you are replacing i.e if you NOW have like 6000 BTU or something, this 5200 will be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Air Conditioner from Danby, July 7, 2011
What a nice surprise this air conditioner is! I just bought it at Costco for $119, and there is a $30 rebate from the power company because it is energy star rated. This has every feature I could possibly want and it is quiet. I am tempted to get another one for my kitchen, which gets terribly hot. This is a great buy and I strongly recommend it. Initially I hesitated because I never heard of this company, but a 5000 BTU that is energy star rated, has an economy setting and a remote for this kind of money??? I went for it. Costco is great for things like this,if you don't like it for any reason, even after a long time, they will take it back. You have nothing to lose and coolness to gain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it, May 19, 2012
I installed the Danby AC unit a month ago and only have good things to say so far other than the price.
The Danby is replacing a 6000 BTU Frigidaire and it keeps my 15' x 15' bedroom just as cold. The roof is dark grey and the sun is beating on the room from 12:00-1:00 till sunset.

The best feature for me is how quiet it runs on the coldest setting and fan on high. I only have to raise the volume on my TV about 10 percent higher than normal to hear it clearly. When the Frigidaire was on its coldest setting I had to raise the volume 30 percent or more to hear the TV.

I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend to anyone..

5.0 out of 5 stars waaaay BETTER than expected, July 6, 2012
Boy this unit really kicks power. We have two and found ourselves commonly only needing to use 1. When used in the master suite, we were constantly turning it down because the room always got 2 cold. The other one cooled off the rest of the house just fine. Our place is about 1300 sq ft. This thing is small, easy to install yet very powerful. Oh and it's very quiet. I would definitely purchase again if I had to.

5.0 out of 5 stars keep a cool head....., August 6, 2013
This is the second summer that this little A/C has been in use.
My son, who comes home during the summer vacation period, has this
cooling his 14' by16' bedroom all day and night. Set at 74 degrees,
it keeps his space very comfortable. It will freeze you out if set at 72 or lower. Brrrr....
Very quite and efficient.
Couldn't ask for a better performing A/C.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good., July 12, 2012
It's fine for the price. Costco had a great deal on it so I bought it for my bedroom and it does fine for such a small room. I have about 400 square feet here. Bigger places with more square footage might require a more powerful unit, however.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended! My electricity bill was actually lower this year., September 10, 2012
I have had this air conditioner constantly on since the beginning of June, and it has worked wonderfully, with no problems. I even had a lower electricity bill this summer, because a high energy efficient air conditioner is cheaper than running window fans in every room. I'm very glad that I paid a little extra for this unit, because I saved money in the long run.

It was easy to install in the window. You do have to prop it up with boards to create a slant downwards for the back end that goes outside of the window. You have to do that with any window air conditioner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect air conditioner for a small or medium-sized room., August 26, 2012
This is a very small, but VERY efficient air conditioner. I have a considerably small room, and within approximately 10 minutes of having the air conditioner on with a temperature of 62-70 degrees, the room is COLD. Not even cool, COLD. It's a great bargain for such a great piece of machinery. Definitely recommendable!

5.0 out of 5 stars great little machine!, July 10, 2014
We have two of these in our small but hard to cool apartment. They just work. One of the best parts: they're small enough for one person easily to install in the spring and take out in the fall. We're absolutely satisfied and may buy a third one for the kitchen. Ideal for a one-room air conditioner.

$199.00 $157.00
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies