Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Danby Deluxe Mini Fridge with Freezer (4.3cu.ft.)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 12, 2003
I bought this from another retailer almost 9 years ago! Since then I've broken the freezer door off, but that's the only thing that has gone wrong. Every year or two you'll need to defrost the freezer, which is a pain. But that's not too bad considering the life of the product. The built-in can dispenser in the door is great and partially why I picked this model.
on March 7, 2003
This little fridge does the trick in my household. With 5 roommates I decided it made sense to get a fridge for my room since our kitchen unit is just packed to the gills. This 4.3 cu ft model meets my needs in many ways. I love being able to fit large drink bottles in the door, and I appreciate the removable shelving. As for the freezer, it's not that great, but I wasn't hoping for much. Freezers in mini-fridges are generally [bad] anyway. I can keep frozen vegetables in there with good success and make ice, but I don't love it. The other thing to consider is the can tube. I don't drink lots of cans so that's pretty dead space for me-- I keep the baking soda in there. Since this fridge is just supplemental, that's not an issue, but if you need to keep food for a couple people in this unit consider that the can space could be wasted as it's got a mandated function. I don't know what else you could possibly put in there beside something like celery or carrots standing up. Oh, and this fridge is a great size, can be used as counter space, and [it is very] quiet.
on February 20, 2006
I bought this recently for 150 at the dept store with the 'bullseye' logo. I have the grey and black version. So far i'm happy with it as it does get cold enough to make ice in its mini-freezer compartment, and that was when i turned the temp control to the 2/3 setting(not even the max setting!). So make no mistake, it does get cold enough to make ice. If you're looking for a mini-fridge, temporary fridge, second fridge, single-person fridge, then this seems like a great value. I've only had it for a few weeks now, so i'll update my review if anything 'majorly bad' happens in the future(trust me, i'll be upset enough to come back and write a poor follow up if this fridge starts to breakdown in any way).

Finally, the energy guide. The energy guide included with the fridge says it uses 343 of 345kwh, and that its yearly operating costs is $28. That 343/345 is very high, but it says it is measured against other comparable fridges up to 4.4 cubic feet. This is a 4.3 cubic ft mini-fridge, so obviously it would be near the max. Other 4.3/4.4 mini-fridges use about the same amount of energy. And the Danby actually used about the same amount as a 3.3 cubic ft Avanti mini-fridge i was looking at. I don't have a bias towards one brand or the other(this ain't Ford vs Chevy, PS3 vs XBOX 360), simply just letting you know what the energy guide stats are. So compare and shop around before making a decision if this one is right for you. I have it, and think it's a good purchase(one of the biggest mini-fridges with a mini-freezer compartment!) and a good value(one of the cheapest prices for a mini-fridge).

(edit: almost 2 yrs later, still works fine. although i have to defrost a little more than i'd like to. also, you can't fit a large pizza box in this thing. just saying)
on November 5, 2005
I bought this refrigerator for my office 5 years ago. We have a tiny kitchen area and this fits easily under the counter. The freezer holds a couple of mini frozen dinners and is cold enough to make ice. We didn't notice any significant difference in our electric bills, but I didn't actually do the math, for those of you who are sticklers for that sort of thing.

The push-button defrost is nice, however I wouldn't put this refrigerator in a room that young children have access to. That red defrost button is a big temptation. When our office moved, someone's little one pushed that red button. By the time we noticed, the refrigerator was standing in a puddle of water.

Overall, this refrigerator is reliable, easy to clean and I would buy it again.
on April 3, 2003
I bought this at Sears when I was in college. I was in college for six years, and I still have this baby in my room! It is an incredible value and it will last you forever! It holds LOTS of stuff and is as high as my bed! I recommend this for ALL dorm rooms and for anyone else in need of a personal fridge. It makes barely a peep and is reliable the entire way!
on December 1, 2003
I bought this attractive little appliance for use in an airplane hangar where the occasional consumption of perishable food and cold drink storage is desirable. This quiet running compact fit the bill perfectly. Some designs in this class of refrigerator are barely capable of holding 2 six-packs of canned beverage. Why bother? This fridge with 4.3 cubic feet of internal space is generous enough to store a reasonable amount of perishable food stuffs. Just don't expect too much utility of the freezer though, as its capacity is quite small. The internal layout of the Danby is well thought out and the vertical beverage stack on the door is a welcomed plus. The upper portion of the door also includes a special clear plastic insert to accomodate up to 9 eggs, but is an easily removed option. You can even change the direction of the door swing by swapping out the reversible hinges. Sized at a reasonable 20" across, the top of my Danby refrigerator perfectly accomodates a small microwave oven and the combination of the two is hard to beat when eating a casual meal miles away from the full sized comforts of the home kitchen!
on January 6, 2004
This is ideal for dorm rooms it's small,affordable,great space insinde (for food and drinks) and just right to put your microwave on top.
on November 25, 2003
I just bought this fridge at the local Target because shipping off the website was ridiculous ($50). The one at Target was cheaper too, only $140 instead of $150 (or $200 with s/h). It's really good and really roomy. If you turn the temperature all the way down, you can practically turn the whole fridge into a freezer, it's that cold. It's a really good fridge for a really good price. The rental fridge which you have to return here at UCI is like $178. I got this fridge for only $150 with tax, and I won't have to return it at the end of the year. It's a good investment.
on August 13, 2007
I bought this exact fridge at Sam's Club for $100. It's a great fridge; holding up great in my dorm room.
on May 12, 2007
Good mini frig and very roomy. Was dented a bit in delivery; I didn't bother to call Amazon about it. No time. Freezer works pretty well; our popsicles stay frozen. I didn't know it needs to be placed 6 inches from the wall to work efficiently, so plan accordingly.

We are happy with it. Great size for a dorm!

See 1 answered question