5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun!
Published on March 21, 2010 by Amazon Princess

2.0 out of 5 stars Not your typical DDR - and that's not necessarily positive
Published on July 29, 2010 by Pearly Geek

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun!, March 21, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2 - Software Only - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
The first time I played this game, I was drunk, so I thought that the arrows were offbeat. I was wrong, though! It's pretty much DDR as we know it. This version has optional hand motions that you can use the Wii remote and Nunchuck for. These hand motions suck, however, and I always turn them off. The songs are better than Hottest Party 3, but they are covers and remixes which is lame. However, all these things considered, I love this game, I love the songs in this game, and I play it all the time. Definitely worth the purchase even if you have Hottest Party 3. I think it's actually slightly more challenging that Hottest Party 3; there seem to be more arrows and in weirder, more unique combinations. I enjoy this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not your typical DDR - and that's not necessarily positive, July 29, 2010
Pearly Geek (Oregon, United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I had DDR Ultramix years ago for the X-Box and loved it. Our X-Box has since been traded in for a Wii. I figured that all DDR games were created equal, but I was wrong. Just dancing with one's feet is fun, but adding in the hand motions with the Wii controller and nunchuck makes it quickly lose its fun factor because I can move my hands to the beat, but the beats registered with the hand controllers aren't consistent. I'm not in love with the music, either. I'm sad that I dislike the game because I really want to love it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hottest PARTY!, December 30, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I've owned DDR hottest party 3 for about four weeks now && i was getting sick of the same songs. Plus, I had already beat the tournament in it. So, time for new feats. I bought Hottest Party 1 on the net & haven't gotten it yet. So, while I'm waiting I went to the store & bought Hottest Party 2. HP2 was the lamest most boring thing ever. HP3 was exciting. My bf & I stayed up until 5am many nights battling it out on the DDR mats. HP2 we were on it for 15 minutes and then just figured we'd put HP3 back in && wait for HP1 & hope it was much better. The songs were so outdated & lame. We both liked ONE song on the whole entire game vs 95% of the songs we liked on HP3. I wouldn't suggest buying HP2 at all unless you like lame slow songs with foot movements that don't even really match the beat and annoying gimmicks. Highly suggest HP3 though. that game is PHENOM! Graphics are amazing on Hp3 while the graphics on HP2 look like the DDR that I played years ago on the Xbox.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as some..., November 6, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
My daughters LOVED Hottest Party 3, so I thought they might enjoy this one as well. The songs weren't great, and the interface wasn't as "zippy". All in all, I think it got played maybe a day or two, and then they fell back on #3. This one might be more enjoyable if you don't start out with another DDR. Sort of sorry I purchased this, but that is not a reflection on amazon, which had great response time and no issues other than we just didn't get into the game.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dance, July 30, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I like Hottest Party 3 better this one did not have a good mix of both Rock and Rap. I am an older lady and not into rap I gave this away to someong younger.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lame--HP3 is way way way better, March 14, 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The songs in here are not nearly as good as HP3. The one and only good song is Tootsie Roll.

Plus the levels are not consistent. For instance, Difficult might be fairly easy in one song, but in another, Basic is way harder.

Don't waste your money. Get HP3. If you have HP3, sit tight and wait (and hope) for HP4.

I'm selling mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 4, 2014
excelente

4.0 out of 5 stars Great time passer, February 28, 2014
Wish it had better songs. Most of the songs are covers of course but it could definitely be at least one nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids loved it..., January 22, 2014
We danced the night away the day we received it, the kids loved it plus it's great exercise for the whole family. I am very satisfied with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it!, December 31, 2013
Our family has so much fun dancing along with these games. it's great exercise, too~! Good songs on the game

Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2 - Software Only - Nintendo Wii