Most helpful positive review
104 of 105 people found the following review helpful
A chance of pace from other dance videos
on January 25, 2009
This dance DVD is a nice change of pace from the usual latin/jazz/hip hop routines that are typical in the marketplace.
1. There is a separate step guide that comes on this DVD. Unless you are already familiar with line dancing, I strongly recommend you do the step guide first as the instructor does not slow down during the routines to teach you a new step. In the step guide, the instructor walks you through the step in half time and then takes you up to speed. You learn 10 new steps and some of them are a bit complicated. There is not a lot of repetition, so I even recommend you try the step guide a couple of times before doing the routines.
2. What I like about this DVD is that the steps are complicated and there are a lot of steps to a routine, so it keeps you interested. If you're just looking for a simple dance routine, this may not be the one for you. Normally, I can do most dance DVD's pretty well on the second or third attempt. I think it will take me about 5 or 6 times before I get down all of the routines.
3. There is some hopping, so the DVD is not totally low impact. If you don't hop, you can modify the steps fairly easily.
4. Because of the style of the dance, there is less upper body movement than the typical dance DVD. My feet stay pretty busy, so I don't miss the arm movements. I have also found that this DVD is good for improving balance.
5. Like most dance DVD's, it does not give the very physically fit an challenging workout. But it's fun and keeps you interested.
6. The instructor does a fair to good job of cuing, but there is some room for improvement.
All in all, I do like this dance video and I recommend it as a lot of fun. If you like this DVD you may also like dance DVD's with Jennifer Galardi as the instructor. She offers routines with similar intensity, slightly less complexity in the foot work and more upper body movement. Enjoy!