5.0 out of 5 stars Proof that Michael Jackson Is Very Intelligent & Loving
Published on April 15, 2003 by Nicole

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay
You get an insight on Michael jackson. I'm not really interested in poetry and essays but he did have some lyrics from the Dangerous album in it. I don't think he made lyrics that's why I originally liked the book. It just sits on my shelf most of the time though. The pictures are excellent reminders of moments that you might remember seeing in a book, magazine, on...
Published on December 20, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof that Michael Jackson Is Very Intelligent & Loving, April 15, 2003
Nicole "rockinrenee" (Steubenville, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections (Hardcover)
This was the most wonderful book I have ever read. As soon as I heard about it I had to have it because I have always been a huge Michael Jackson fan, and always will be. However, though I expected it to be good. I did not expect this. The poems and essays are so well thought out and beautifully written. The man has a true gift. Every single work is filled with the joy of life and is a true inspiration. It has even inspired me to start writing poetry, but I am not nearly as good as this. They made me smile, laugh, and cry. Whenever I have a bad day I read either "The Heart Said No" or "Grew Wings Without Me" or "Trust" and they truly lift my spirit. There are also great essays and poems about nature and animals like "When the Elephants March" and "Look Again, Baby Seal." Also, there are poems about the love of God. Furthermore you will discover how Michael really feels about children in poems like "Children of the World," "On Children," "When Babies Smile," and "Wise Little Girl." This man is the last person in the world that I would worry about being with children. After reading this, I trust him not to hurt children more than I do myself! And I adore children! This book is truly beautiful and will show the path of love and righteousness to anyone who reads it. I would recommend this to someone whether or not they have ever bought a Michael Jackson record. If you want to be inspired beyond belief, read this. If you want to know who the REAL Michael Jackson is, don't watch the news, read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars In A Word: Breathtaking., August 27, 1998
This review is from: Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections (Hardcover)
This is Michael Jackson at his prime. It is a living proof that the man is not only the greatest pop star that ever lived, he's the greatest artist that ever lived.
The book is printed 100% on glossy paper and has tons of pictures. It contains Jackson's observation on life, humanity, god, the world and children. It takes you places only Michael Jackson can.
So, in a word? Breathtaking. Get it right now!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book! It's inspirational and excellent!, October 19, 1999
This review is from: Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections (Hardcover)
Michael Jackson wrote a wonderful book. It's great for anyone who needs a shove in the right direction. It's full of inspirational poetry, stories, and reflections, and they all have an excellent lesson to be learned.It is full of photos, paintings, and drawings from Michael's personal collection. This book is a must- read for everyone, whether they are fans or not!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is already reissued in the U.K, August 7, 2009
This review is from: Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections (Hardcover)
Michael Jackson fans, please visit amazon.co.uk to buy this book. It cost twenty one dollars and seventy one cent including shipping cost.

Update: they ship fast and you want to pay by Capital One credit card to avoid the exchange rate fee. I think other credit cards charge fee for foreign transaction. The new one is exactly like the original one except for new picture on the cover. All the pictures, poems and essay are the same. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Jackson writes some beautiful, heartwarming things, August 11, 2009
This review is from: Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections (Hardcover)
After reading this book I was speechless. I found myself in complete awe, not because Michael Jackson is the world's most talented writer but because he is so raw, genuine, and his words are filled with innocence and sincerity.

This book is delightful to read - a must read for Michael Jackson fans. Unfortunately, due to his recent tragic death, it's hard to find at a reasonable, affordable price anymore. I'm sure you can get your hands on it somehow though at a library. As I read this, I could almost hear Michael Jackson saying the things he writes in my head. The pages also contain artwork and some absolutely beautiful pictures of Michael.

His short essays, even more than his poems, are a pleasure to read because they really present Michael as a human being who is so curious and simple. He wonders about things like the stars and makes keen observations about things that most people would find too insignificant to notice - like how elephants always have to stand, even when they're sleeping. He thought that the things most people would disregard were worth thinking about. He thought about everything! This simplicity allows the reader to connect with him. This book reminds me of his song, Human Nature because the reader really get's a glimpse into Michael's human nature in this book. He asks why. He writes a lot about children as well which really captures the purity and innocence in how he connects with children.

After reading this book, I was left with only one thought (aside from how insanely gorgeous this man was): what couldn't Michael Jackson do? He could write, dance, sing, compose music, act...He encompassed all the forms of art and in everything he did, he made sure he was the best at it. This book is a small glimpse into the beautiful mind of Michael Jackson. Anyone who wants to know anything about Michael the person, rather than the celebrity, should read this book first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael is such a great person, September 28, 2004
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections (Hardcover)
This book is living proof that Michael Jackson is not only a wonderful musician, but a wise and wonderful human being with a childlike innocence that is a rare find these days. God bless him.

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE for all fans, June 17, 2007
This review is from: Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections (Hardcover)
Dancing the dream is a glimpse into the soul of Michael Jackson. It's a must have for any fan. It gives you a MUCH MUCH MUCH better idea of who he is than his 'autobiography' Moonwalk (which was little more than a recounting of his career). This book shows you the idealistic, perhaps naive, and sometimes sappy core of Michael.

If you're looking for the world's best poetry or writings, this isn't it. But if you're looking for a glimpse of Michael Jackson's heart, if you want to escape the harsh realities of everyday life and indulge in the idealistic dreams of someone who genuinely looks for the good in the world, then this is the book for you.

Any time I'm feeling down, I can always pick up this book and read a few pages and it always makes me feel better :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Rich Chapter in The Life Of The King Of Pop, April 9, 2000
This review is from: Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections (Hardcover)
Michael Jackson wrote some Great Poems here and they cover many topics.Alot Of Folks don't Understand or Know How Talented he Really is.The Man has Been GIfted for so Long.He is a Great Talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recomended!!!, January 10, 1999
This review is from: Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections (Hardcover)
I always thought about Michael Jackson as a great singer, song/writer and dancer. This book shows that he is a great poet too. It also shows how gentle he is. I love this book! If you think that Michael is just a spoiled, creazy pop star, then this book will change your mind. My favorite poems are "But The Heart Said No" and "Love"

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK IS A WORKING AND LIVING DEFINITIOIN OF EXCELLENCE!, July 16, 1997
This review is from: Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections (Hardcover)
There aren't enough words in the world for me to describe Dancing the Dream!!! " Dancing the Dream is a true reflection of Michael and his inner being!! Michael reveals his soul through the art of poetry and photos!!!! "Dancing the Dream " reveals Michael 's genius and brillance!!!!! He delves into the beauty of Mother Nature and teaches us what she has to offer!!!!! It is quite evident that Michael truly has a geniune concern for Nature, Mother Earth and Mankind!! It may seem sacrireligious, however, I truly believe" Dancing the Dream " is a the "Bible " for his fans!!! This has changed my perspective on life and Nature!!! "Dancing the Dream" ought to be used a teacing tool; as some sort of guide!!! It's Michael at his best!! It is Michael!!

Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections
Dancing the Dream: Poems and Reflections by Michael Jackson (Hardcover - July 1992)
Used & New from: $1.76