5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS RIGHT NOW!!!
Published 19 months ago by Lmk

1.0 out of 5 stars NOPE
Besides failing the tissue test in the sink, the open/close levers are ridiculously hard to open. I'm sending it back.
Published 7 months ago by Colorado Dreamin'

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS RIGHT NOW!!!, March 16, 2013
Wow I have been so beyond impressed with this case! I just bought an iPhone 5 and really wanted the opportunity to take it out in the water when we went to the beach or out on the boat. My iPhone has an otterbox defender case on it and I was blown away when it actually fit perfectly inside this waterproof case with the otterbox case on!! So it's fully protected all the time. I was unaware that you could pictures on the iPhone by pressing either of the volume keys until I read the reviews on here, and I tried it with the case and it works perfect. Just turn the camera on before you go underwater and that way you dont have to use the screen at all. This is completely water and sand proof and really convenient with the lanyard. If you want to take your phone out anywhere near water I would recommend this, you can't find anything cheaper or a better deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection, great underwater videos with sound!, March 24, 2013
I bought this along with some disposable Fuji cameras on Amazon for a trip to the S Caribbean. In the future, I will only be using this case. I was a bit nervous putting my expensive iPhone 5 underwater, but after a couple of tests in my sink, I felt confident. I used this case on 3 separate snorkel tours. On the first try, the camera worked great underwater. It was easy to use all functions of the phone under water (although I didn't attempt any calls!) I was suprised to hear the water sounds it recorded during video capture. During my second try, I decided that I would try to remove more air from the case in order to have even easier use of functions under water. This was a mistake! The phone was much more difficult to operate because there was not enough air to cause the touch screen to function normally. During the third try, I didn't try to remove any air from the case again - and it worked just great. The quality of the pictures was identical to the underwater disposable cameras I purchased. If you are going to take pictures underwater, please remember that the more water in between you and the subject, the less clarity you will have. The best pictures I took underwater were taken horizontally in shallow water. Any vertical pictures in very shallow water were good too. If you try to take pictures by pointing your camera straight down in 20 or 30 feet of water, the clarity will suffer. A definite benefit to using your iPhone under water is that it doesn't have a limited number of exposures - so snap away! I liked the neck strap for this product and felt that it was a better option than the rubberband wrist straps that you get with a disposible camera. It was really easy to switch between video and camera under water - so be sure to take some videos with sound while using this too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to use at the beach and in the water., May 30, 2013
I first used it in Hawaii. Went snorkeling with it at Hanauma Bay. Easy to swim with. Worked great to take pictures under water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection., November 14, 2012
John H. Bertel "Jack" (Metairie, LA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DandyCase Black Waterproof Case for Apple iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC One, iPod Touch 5 - Also fits other Large Smartphones up to 5.3" Including Galaxy S3, HTC One X/X+, Droid RAZR/MAXX, Nexus 4, EVO 4G LTE, Droid Incredible, LG Optimus G, Nokia Lumia, Droid DNA, Windows Phone 8X - IPX8 Certified to 100 Feet [Retail Packaging by DandyCase] (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought four of these after trying one. Protects my phone and the phones of other family members from getting wet doing outdoor activities. You can still make and receive calls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Airtight, April 14, 2013
I would recommend this product, it serve the purpose it is intended for. The color is awesome and it hold all the things I need for my daily runs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., March 16, 2014
Kind of like a giant zip lock. Fits an S4 with an otter box case on it. Good for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good concept and product but, April 13, 2014
here are a few things to consider:

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus about the size of a Galaxy SIII, 5 1/4 in. long 2 5/8 wide. The fit is very tight lengthwise but does fit. The phone goes in the pouch upside down but when it is hanging around your neck that makes it right side up. The back has a partial clear window, the camera lens is in that window.

Here are a few things to change on your phone before putting your phone in the case(I know this because I didn't do these things before taking the case out on a kayak trip Saturday! I wasn't able to use my camera or sports tracker!! because I couldn't see the screen):

Change your screen brightness from Automatic to bright, the case covers the light sensor and in bright sun it will be impossible to see.

Turn off your password screen, the side screen on off button is a little awkward to access and you don't want to be messing with the button and then the password while you're sitting in your kayak trying to take a picture!

The case comes with a very nice feature, it has an extension head phone built in, you plug it into your speaker before putting your phone in then plug your headset into the case! Sorry Samsung phone people this doesn't work with our phones, the case will not close with the jack plugged in to the phone. You need to either cut this off or carefully place it along the back so it doesn't interfere with closing the case or with your camera lens. But a great concept. Also a headset and arm band are with included with the case.

My screen works perfectly with the case on, and the camera takes great pictures in the case. Now that I've taken the time to figure these things out at home, I'm looking forward to taking it out on my next kayak trip.

The strap was very comfortable, I didn't even notice it while paddling for several hours on Saturday.

This case is replacing a dry bag that not only had none of these features but also didn't keep my phone dry!! So I'm very happy with this case and recommend it. I would give it 5 stars but since the headset feature doesn't work with my phone but does work with my husband's iphone (?), I took a star off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cover, June 3, 2013
I was VERY LEARY about this and actually used my daughters phone as the test dummy not mine. It works PERFECT. I took tons of underwater pictures on our vacations. Excellent product

1.0 out of 5 stars NOPE, March 19, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, November 26, 2012
I swam, went kayaking on the ocean, and surfing, that's right! Surfing with my new iPhone 5 around my neck in its dandy case! How many people can say they called their girlfriend from a surf board! She was also wearing her iPhone in s dandy case on a surf board! I flew off my surfboard lots of times but my phone stayed dry and around my neck! You should have seen people's faces! Is that your iPhone! "Yep! I have a dandy case!"