There's probably not a lot I can say about "Vicious Circle," Dane Cook's Boston performance in the round filmed for HBO. Whether or not you enjoy a one-man comedy concert largely depends on how much you enjoy the particular comedian. Dane Cook has obviously become huge in the last few years, and this concert showcase is very likely to please his fans.

Dane...
Published on October 19, 2006 by K. Harris

1.0 out of 5 stars Eh, What happened?
Now, I'm not downing this man. Huge fan of the 1st CD... 2nd was okay. I've seen him live and he was hilarious, but this DVD is far from the top of his game. Only laughed at a few parts of the show. Maybe the main stream's bringing his game down, who knows, but I'm glad I got this as a gift and didn't pay for it.
Published on October 22, 2007 by J. Ryan

4.0 out of 5 stars Hardly "Vicious"--A Winning Performance By The Likable Dane Cook, October 19, 2006
This review is from: Dane Cook - Vicious Circle (DVD)

Dane Cook is not the most cutting-edge comic, his material will never be construed as dark or dangerous. But what he has going for him is a real likability factor. He is a gifted storyteller assuming different voices and really throwing his whole body into the routine. In a goofy, non-threatening way--he's the guy you want to be your best friend, the class clown and the genial fratboy all rolled up into one.

The success of his comedy lies in the fact that he spins instantly recognizable scenarios. It is very easy to identify with him as a person, and it's easy to relate to his jokes. There is just something universal and true in most of his performance, so you can appreciate it and see yourself in his observations. Very watchable and entertaining, I enjoyed this concert. I think Dane is a great talent and my hope is for him to someday parlay his gift into making movies more worthy of his appeal (yes, I'm talking "Employee of the Month")! KGHarris, 10/06.

1.0 out of 5 stars Eh, What happened?, October 22, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to get this., November 11, 2006
This review is from: Dane Cook - Vicious Circle (DVD)
I was at Dane's show and I suggest everyone should get this DVD. The 90 minute HBO special was hilarious, but you HAVE to watch the extended concert (the one I was at) because most of the funniest jokes of the night weren't even put in the 90 minute show. For example, the pumpkin bomb skit. So if you are a serious Dane fan, you have to get this, it's worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Comedians are supposed to make you laugh, July 6, 2008
This review is from: Dane Cook - Vicious Circle (DVD)
When the camera followed Dane from the dressing room to the stage in this performance, he looked troubled. After the performance, I could see why. He isnt funny anymore, and I think he knows it. He spends 10 minutes on a story about a guy who invites him to a party, he lies and says he will be there and doesnt show up. This story, like all the other "jokes" in this show, meanders on and on and on and never arrives at anything resembling a point or a punch line. He attempts over and over to describe real life situations we can all relate to, but he fails miserably to offer unique insights to make these situations funny. Dane Cook was funny early in his career, but he is out of gas. Dane laughs at his jokes way more than I did. Waste of time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Over rated, nothing new, May 31, 2008
This review is from: Dane Cook - Vicious Circle (DVD)
If you have see one Dane Cook stand up rountine you have seen them all. Same over the top jumping around and noises, same lack of any real jokes.

I don't understand his popularity. I keep giving him another try but I just don't laugh.

I would suggest checking out anything by Louis C.K. or Bob Kelly, both are much funnier.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why can't I rate any lower?, January 27, 2008
This review is from: Dane Cook - Vicious Circle (DVD)
I honestly wish I could give this product a lower rating. Dane Cook is a horrible, un funny "Comedian" who has gotten famous from other people's work. He is like that guy you know that thinks he is funny, but is just annoying, if you like comedy, don't listen to Dane Cook, because he ruins comedy with his "jokes" and "funny" sound effects.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good....but...., December 4, 2006
This review is from: Dane Cook - Vicious Circle (DVD)
A lot of older material presented....I'm a huge fan, but I was hoping for more new material, and this one just wasn't as funny as some of his other stuff. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of funny parts, but I did not think it was worth the twenty bucks for the DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, March 21, 2010
This review is from: Dane Cook - Vicious Circle (DVD)
If you like Dane Cook you will like this. Dane Cook is hilarious and his movements add to the comedy. If you like stand up comedy this is a dvd for you. this is definitely not suitable for children, but great for adults.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh, March 3, 2007
This review is from: Dane Cook - Vicious Circle (DVD)
From when I first saw Cook's Comedy Central Presents years ago, all the way upto his latest album Retaliation I loved everything Dane Cook has done. I even found the Tourgasm series very funny, which a lot of people didn't seem to like. I was happy when I heard about Vicious Circle coming on HBO but when I watched it, I just didn't like it. I wanted to like it, but by the time he got to the actual joke after a long-drawn out, boring unrealistic story, it killed the joke for me. The crying bit was annoying, the "B+E" bit wasnt funny, everything about it just kind of annoyed me rather than made me laugh. The little things were funny which is why I gave this 2 stars, but I hope his next set of material is better, and if he does one hour shows rather than 90 minutes shows, hes probably better off cause he can cut out all the build-up.

1.0 out of 5 stars All Hype, No Substance, December 9, 2007
This review is from: Dane Cook - Vicious Circle (DVD)
This has to be the least funny stand up act ever. This guy is a product of pure hype. What is supposed to be funny about "I'm gonna go home and cry"? What a sniveling idiot. These people who paid top dollar for this snooze-fest were probably convincing themselves to laugh out of some sense of denial. If I paid , I might as well laugh. No. I could find a funeral more amusing than this goober.

Dane Cook - Vicious Circle
Dane Cook - Vicious Circle by Dane Cook (DVD - 2006)
$24.98 $19.99