Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dane Cook - Vicious Circle
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on March 3, 2007
From when I first saw Cook's Comedy Central Presents years ago, all the way upto his latest album Retaliation I loved everything Dane Cook has done. I even found the Tourgasm series very funny, which a lot of people didn't seem to like. I was happy when I heard about Vicious Circle coming on HBO but when I watched it, I just didn't like it. I wanted to like it, but by the time he got to the actual joke after a long-drawn out, boring unrealistic story, it killed the joke for me. The crying bit was annoying, the "B+E" bit wasnt funny, everything about it just kind of annoyed me rather than made me laugh. The little things were funny which is why I gave this 2 stars, but I hope his next set of material is better, and if he does one hour shows rather than 90 minutes shows, hes probably better off cause he can cut out all the build-up.
on September 9, 2015
Good condition, not as funny
on December 4, 2006
Having been a huge fan since his Comedy Central debut, I really thought Dane would keep coming with the goodness. Instead, he's just ended up plain and long-winded. I thought for the biggest performance of his career, he maybe could have at least written all new jokes for it. As I was watching, I was finishing his jokes for him since I've heard most of them over the past 4 years. Save your money on this one. I REALLY wish I would've.
HALL OF FAMEVINE VOICEon December 5, 2006
It wasn't that long ago that Dane Cook appeared to be the next best thing in stand up comedy. However, you'd never know it by watching Vicious Circle, which finds the stand up comedian filling a huge arena of rousing fans. Now I found most of Cook's earlier material much better than anything found in Vicious Circle, and many of those who loved his older material may be disappointed with what they get here, much like his HBO series Tourgasm. Many of his jokes fall flat, though some of his material, including stories about theft, are very funny. Other than that though, there isn't much here that we haven't seen or heard before, and heard better. However, despite all the negative press I've just given it, it's crystal clear that Cook absolutely loves his fans, and that his fans absolutely love him. Frequently Cook addresses and comes in contact with the fans populating the arena, and he is obviously having a blast doing what he does. That itself is a welcome sight to see for a big time star (which Cook has become), so maybe there will be better things to come from Cook, hopefully. All in all, if you're a fan of Dane Cook, chances are you'll probably disregard this review and check it out for yourself, but beware of what you're getting.
on January 18, 2007
I have thoroughly enjoyed Dane Cook's stand up in the past which is why I chose this DVD. However, most of his jokes fell flat and weren't nearly as funny as his previous work. I would not recommend this DVD.
on March 2, 2007
I really wanted to love this. I love the way Dane Cook has harnessed the power of the internet to override the corporate version of funny. I had heard he was hysterical, the next great thing in comedy. But OMG. This is just not that funny. My 18 year son laughed a bit, even my 50 year husband laughed once. I thought it was unfunny, lame, derivative,and unworthy of a such a huge audience. But that's just my opinion. Obviously,I could be wrong. He sure is cute though.