Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 21, 2008
When I was in college watching these cartoons on Nickelodeon I found a way to get my friends interested in them as well. It's a variation of the drinking game "Hi Bob" from the old Bob Newhart show. I called it "Penfold, shush". Everytime someone says "Penfold" you take a sip of your drink. If they say "Penfold, shush" or some variation of that, you finish the drink. There are episodes that will kill you if you play by the rules. Seems wrong but it kept me from looking like the creepy old guy watching kids shows after class. And lets face it, beer is good.

I have always loved British comedy. I started with Monty Python and The Goodies on PBS and have never looked back. Dangermouse incorporated much of the same dry, British wit and also had an element of Bullwinkle to it as well. For years, the only versions I could find were on VHS, and even that was a chore. They were okay, but lacked much of the narrators commentary between episodes and had the more politically correct version of Stilletto (without the bad Italian accent. The DVD sets are fantastic. It's the original material in all it's glory. And now that my 4 year old has discovered them, I've got someone to watch Dangermouse and Penfold save the world from the nefarious Baron Greenback without having to get them drunk.
on November 10, 2008
I don't think there are enough words to express how much I loved watching Danger Mouse when I was little. The last year my sister and I were allowed to dress up for haloween, I simply had to dress up as Danger Mouse, even though I'm a girl. I actually won a costume contest at Chucky Cheese that year. :)
I hold this show, along with The Tomorrow people, entirely responsible for my life-long obsession with British TV shows, and was thrilled beyond belief when I found this box set.
I Actually had the UK 12-disc set first, but my problem with that set was that the episodes were in totally random order, and I could never remember where to find the episodes I wanted to watch.
So, I went ahead and invested in the US set. I'm so glad I did! the episodes seem to be in chronological order, there are lots more navigation options and best of all, there are more funny bits of narration to enjoy. I am, in fact, finding a ton of episodes that I never saw when I was little, so am having a ball watching this set.
The jokes, some of which even I have to admit are pretty bad, absolutely never get old for me. As an adult, however, I think I most appreciate the spectacular voice talent, especially that of David Jason, that was a part of this show.
The only flaw I can think of with this set, and it holds true with the UK set as well, is that on the ancient Danger Mouse VHS tapes I used to have, there were some really great narrator segments in between the episodes. The one with the studio fly immediately springs to mind. I've got a friend who has a DVD recorder/vcr, and am hoping that he can transfer the VHS tapes onto a DVD for me, just for those little extra segments that are sadly missing from the DVDs.
In spite of this one mild disappointment, I would rate this DVD set 10 stars if I could. It is so wonderful to have Danger Mouse back in my life.
on January 7, 2008
This program was and still is an all-time favorite of mine. Clever British humor accompany your standard issue "Looney-Toons" slapstick bits throughout the Dangermouse Series. A nice collection here of every episode along with the Bonus episode on Disc 1. The orginal pilot which I do not believe aired in the U.S. 80 plus episodes of DM and Penfold, well worth the price, I cannot wait to share these with my daughter.
on February 9, 2016
I bought this for our son who was a big DM fan when it was originally shown and he was growing up. He was thrilled to get this complete series for Christmas. Though most folks believe this was a kid's show, quite a few plot-lines were actually adult -oriented. Great series!
on June 25, 2011
Perhaps I sound like an old man yelling at the kids to get off the lawn, but Dangermouse is how cartoons should be made...not like some of the drek that comes out today. I remember when I was little my parents would every once and a while let me stay up and watch the cartoons. And I was excited when I saw that they had finally, after all this time, released this fantastic little cartoon on DVD. And the set doesn't disappoint. Dangermouse is classic British humor and each episode has Dangermouse and Penfold fighting the evil Baron Silas Greenback and other villains. Along the way Dangermouse and Penfold parody everyone from 007 to Sherlock Holmes. Each episode is full of laughs. I highly recommend this show and DVD set.
on December 30, 2014
I grew up on this series and loved it! My Mom got me this DVD set for Christmas, and I still love it! I am watching right now disc 2 of season 1. The reason for the low rating is due to the packaging. All of the DVD cases are broken!! The final series case is not just falling a part but the cover sleeve is hanging by a thread! Now I should point out that the DVDS themselves look perfectly fine and don't seem to have a scratch on them! Sure I can go out and buy DVD cases ( and I probably will), But part of having this "Mega Set" IS THE PACKAGING!
review image review image review image
on February 20, 2009
Brian Cosgrove, in the late 1970's, created a wonderfully satirical send up of nearly every spy/mystery/science fiction story: Dangermouse. The writing is witty; the throw-away lines are superb; the situations, outrageous; the characterizations stretch the limits of stereotyping. We have Dangermouse, the one-eyed hero in a teflon (C) suit; Penfold, his inept assitant with semi-detached eyebrows; the evil Baron Greenback, the terrible toad and Stilleto, the henchiest of henchmen.

Not every episode is a total gem, but that may be because some referents escape me. However, even those episodes that are not my favorite are fun. The complete set even has a couple of episodes that I either missed or were not aired here in the US.

Dangermouse became my favorite cartoon when my daughter was still in her highchair. She would watch DM at the table while I cooked dinner. Recently, she took the role of enabler and "talked me into" buying the series. Her ulterior motive is that I have to lend her the discs. I'm going to have to hold her cat hostage until I get them back.
on January 22, 2014
I loved Danger Mouse as a kid. Now I own all of the episodes and I enjoy watching these with the kids and laughing together. Great fun memories. My wife now has greater insight into my odd sense of humor and understands phrases like, "oh crumbs!". This is a very nice collection, great quality stuff, not a cheep bootleg. If you like Danger Mouse you can't go wrong with this.
on September 2, 2014
this is good dangermouse the series is complete but count duckula is incomplete in the u.s.a only one season available is season 1 I hope all the missing seasons will come soon one day to complete the count duckula series
on October 11, 2013
I grew up watching DM. When I found this it was a childhood dream come true. While I have been disappointed with some other old cartoon favorites; but Danger Mouse still holds up, and has with stood the test of time. My 2 children love it also. If you have never seen DM check out a clip or two online then I know you'll be back to buy.