4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Tortured Hero ~ Paranomal Romance Lovers will LOVE
Donna is truly an epic writer when it comes to the historical romance genre--this is where she shines. You can tell she takes her research seriously when writing. She places the reader in 12th century England and paints a vivid picture of the surroundings in the true language of that time.
Published on January 13, 2012 by CSMaxwell

3.0 out of 5 stars Anyone who likes a tortured hero will like this book
Reviewed by Suzanne

Published on January 13, 2012 by Under The Covers Book Blog

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Tortured Hero ~ Paranomal Romance Lovers will LOVE, January 13, 2012
Because this IS a series, the reader can truly get to know her characters and grow to love them. Cade instantly stood apart from the others for me. I wanted his book to be next.
If you are a lover of historical romance with a touch of the paranormal ~ Donna is your go-to gal. She has published several books in this genre ~ All of them great reads for the hopeless romantic.

This book features Cade, the ultimate tortured hero with a secretive past, who feels he is fated to die alone.

You don't deserve happiness. And God forgive him, it was the truth. Nigel wasn't the only one who needed to die. He did as well.
There are some serious hot moments in here, with instant heat and attraction between Cade and Francesca.

It was all he wanted. Just one taste. His head lowered until their lips were nearly brushing. Her magic washed over him, making his skin quiver and his heart quicken. And then he realized that if her magic could affect him, his darkness could affect her.
There is a tremendous build-up to the climax of this book. Nigel, the villan of all three books, has sold his soul to the big man downstairs and represents the ultimate evil. He is hell-bent (HAH) in destroying Cade. He lies, kills, and uses a deadly force to seek revenge on those residing in and around Wolfglynn. And that is where things fell for me in this series. I was disappointed in the wrap-up...maybe I missed something, but I was expecting a bit more. Maybe I'm just a blood thirsty bitch, but I wanted Nigel to suffer more, and when that didn't happen, I was left with a WTF moment. His death was too damn quick.

Overall, I still remain a HUGE Donna Grant fan. She pulls at my heart strings and writes such beautiful, poetic words that make me swoon.

Adrianna might have healed my body, but you healed my soul, witch. Never forget that.
See what I mean? SWOON...

5.0 out of 5 stars A Most Satisfying Read!, January 22, 2012
Although this is the 3rd book in the "Sisters of Magic" trilogy, this was the first one I read. After reading this book, I will definitely have to get the other two and any other book this author has written. The writing is superb, the love story intense, the characters admirable and the story idea interesting. Although I didn't fully understand the "darkness" that Cade struggled with (I'm sure had I read the other two books, I'd be more clear on it), I understood enough that it didn't hurt my involvement with the story. The two lead characters, Francesca and Cade, are strong, admirable and very likable. You just WANTED them to work it all out. Once I started reading this book, I HAD to finish it (I have seven other books that I am reading and although I am liking the stories, I have no problem setting them aside to read something else -- not so with this one!). The writing is superb. Here I have found another author I can rely on to deliver a well-written story worth my time and money! I highly recommend this book to romance readers who are okay with supernatural elements being part of the story! For me, that was a plus and another reason for buying the book in the first place.

3.0 out of 5 stars Anyone who likes a tortured hero will like this book, January 13, 2012
Reviewed by Suzanne

I confess I haven't read the previous two books in this trilogy so I endered mid-struggle as it were. But the plot wasn't too complicated so I did manage to figure out what was happening in this book, but I think to fully appreciate it, you would need to read Shadow Magic and Echoes of Magic as Dangerous Magic shows previous characters in the series.

Nigel is coming. Granted those words wouldn't normally fill you with fear, but if the Nigel in question has sold his soul to the devil, amassed a soulless army and then come to your castle to collect your soul and spread death and blood, you may feel differently! Cade has fought off the darkness slowly taking over his soul for a long time, but the end is nearing and the darkness is harder and harder to resist. He knows his upcoming battle with Nigel will be his last, he only hopes he won't slaughter his friends once the darkness has taken over his soul. He doesn't count on seeing Francesca, a witch with secrets of her own, whose very presence seems to fight back the darkness.

Anyone who likes a tortured hero will like this book: Cade has the whole tortured thing down; horrible past, check! Self loathing, check! Drop dead gorgeous (especially if you like 'em blonde) check! Completely honourable despite his protestations that he is completely evil and not to be trusted, check! I have to say I am not the biggest fan, but I can appreciate a gorgeous blonde as much as the next gal and his complete selflessness was kind of sexy as well. But I didn't really feel like I knew the characters that well, it was like he was written from a tortured hero template, and Francesca from the heroine-that-loves-them template.

As I haven't read the other two books in the series I was only getting the tail end of the overarching plot from this series and as such maybe I didn't feel the danger that Nigel was supposed to generate. I think it was also because there was always someone sneaking out the castle, I don't think the secret exit qualifies for secret anymore as half the castle seems to realize its existence!

But it was a quick enjoyable read and my first book from this author, I would definitely look in to reading more of her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sisters of Magic, June 15, 2014
Donna Grant is an excellent writer and as usual she has done an outstanding job in writing Dangerous Magic. Beware, it is very hard to put the book down once you start reading. I finished in two days. Recommend highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, April 21, 2014
Kept my interest

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining must read, April 8, 2014
Another excellent book by this author. Fast paced, fluently written and the story spellbinding , a must read for fantasy romance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, February 3, 2014
It was a great book that followed the family very well and I look forward to the next exciting book

5.0 out of 5 stars Series, January 4, 2014
Excellent series; read all three books about the magic. Read the books in order and enjoy as I have. Donna Grant is an excellent writer I love all her books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Story but...., July 24, 2013
See I have issues with the continuity of this book. The whole trilogy actually. In this 3rd book she has Francesca the heroine growing up as siblings with Drogan who is the hero from the first book. But in the first book Drogan clearly meets her for the first time when his uncle brings her to his castle after he and Serena arrive. He INTRODUCES himself to her and then even has a conversation with his uncle about how long Francesca has been living with him. If you read the first book it says nothing about them being raised together as brother and sister but all of a sudden in this book they were? Just seems like the writer should've reread the first 2 books herself before writing this one. I also don't understand why Nigel (the villain) all of a sudden don't want to kill Drogan or Grayson as much as he did in their stories... And in the second book Grayson has the potential to be so powerful but now in this book all he can do is heal himself. I just don't like it when books are a part of a trilogy or series and the writer just takes the newer books in different directions... She also made similar mistakes in the second book of this trilogy. Anyone reading all 3 books will get the impression that the writer just put the last 2 books together to meet a deadline or something. And yes there were lots of typos.

Good story line though. I do love romance novels that are set back in medieval times. Especially when the characters are magical...

3.0 out of 5 stars END OF THE TRILOGY, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Dangerous Magic (Paperback)
Enjoyed trilogy well enough. Rife with misspellings and other errors, i.e. being given "free reign", when it should be "free rein". Spell check is all very well and good, but it has the limitation of only being able to tell one if the word typed is SPELLED correctly, not USED correctly.
Nigel is the antagonist. Of course, his death is not until the end of the trilogy. But it was somehow anti-climatic. There was no long battle, although it was clear that Cade, after giving in completely to the darkness, was actually stronger than the evil Nigel. Maybe that is why Nigel wanted Cade's soul so much.
And Francesca's powers became stronger at the end of the book, without explanation, and without the opportunity to really use her stronger powers.

I would have like to have seen the 3 witches using their combined powers to help to defeat Nigel.

Further, after murdering his mother and siblings, he is welcomed back to Stonelake by his people. Donna states that there was no fear in their voices, only hope. Now, in my opinion, there'd be PLENTY of fear in my voice, given that I was ruled over by a murderer. Just sayin'.!
Got the overall impression that Ms Grant - or someone - was saying "Let's get this puppy wrapped up, already!", and did so in just a few pages.

Dangerous Magic
Dangerous Magic by Donna Grant (Paperback - August 20, 2012)
$11.99 $10.79