Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: It Is Dangerous to Be Right When the Government Is Wrong: The Case for Personal Freedom
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 3, 2011
The end is near. Prepare for the inevitable. Restore the republic or continue living under the enslavement of tyrannical rule.

The government is a den of thieves and liars and their system is engineered to favor themselves and their ever-needy constituencies. No more checks OR balances left for true Americans (read: Americans of traditional values that have refused to succumb to any modern "interpretations" of what America was designed to be.)

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to purchase it at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" -- Patrick Henry

"A well regulated militia (hopefully, everyone reading this) being NECESSARY to the SECURITY OF A FREE STATE, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

"I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic."

A republic, if we can RECLAIM and RESTORE it.
on November 20, 2012
I have always believed in natural rights, and I think the founding fathers did what they could to protect them with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Judge Napolitano does a wonderful job of explaining where we have strayed from the path they laid out for us.
VINE VOICEon January 13, 2012
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Andrew Napolitano has a reverence for the Constitution and the war of ideas the founders fought to preserve us a nation. Every page rings with profound truth. Government expands at the cost of individual liberty, and tyranny usurps our rights incrementally with every law enacted. The language is rich and bears careful scrutiny. In It Is Dangerous to Be Right When the Government Is Wrong: The Case for Personal Freedom the ideas are timeless. Napolitano gives the caveat that the story is not the kind that cheers the soul, as liberties fall at an alarming rate to the expansion of government. But it's vital for people to understand the scope of freedoms we have lost, if we are to win the war to reclaim our God-given rights.
on December 13, 2011
You realize that very few people are left that understand what makes civilizations prosper and that it is the productive individual that makes it all come together.
Judge Napolitano understands this and is able to articulate the concepts so well. This book should be taught in all the public schools. Give this book as an excellent Christmas give.
on January 26, 2012
If you don't love Andrew Napolitano, then there must be something wrong with you....just kidding.

Seriously, though, this man is the most eloquent, articulate, and informative pro-liberty speaker alive today. While his books are written for a general audience and don't require the use of a dictionary to understand his message, they are wonderful resources in the intellectual fight against government intervention.

This one in particular is a compilation of horrifying examples of government gone wrong and makes a great edition to any home library.

Buy it, read it, keep it or pass it along, and you'll be happy.
on February 9, 2014
Liked everything written. Recommended to anyone. I respect anything written or said by Andrew Napolitano. This is an excellent book. Learned a lot about our constitution , and Bill of rights, also our human rights.
on March 26, 2015
Anything that Napolitano writes can be taken to the bank! People have know idea, nor do they care about how corrupt and illegal the American system of law and government is, and for the most part, those who do know, or have an understanding of the judicial, and legislated corruption are too damn coward to speak up and voice an issue.
on November 7, 2011
Since I'm interested in any type of political book, I was really excited to see It's Dangerous to be Right when the Government is Wrong: The Case for Personal Freedom, by Judge Andrew Napolitano available through Thomas Nelson's BookSneeze bloggers program. I am familiar with Judge Napolitano from his commentary on Fox News Channel, so I was really interested to read what his thoughts were on freedom within the United States of America.

The book is divided into 15 chapters and is a little under 300 pages. Although it took me a pretty long time to read this book, and I don't agree with all of the Judge's viewpoints, I did enjoy the overall focus on constitutional rights. There were various facts included within this book, which makes it resonate much more with me than just if he were to fill the entirety of the book with his opinions. Some of the rights discussed in the book are self-defense, travel, speech, privacy, fairness from the Government, money, and other topics. Overall, as I said before, the main focus is that of natural rights and how government is infringing on these rights. I think only those who are interested in politics will truly be interested in this book. I could not imagine my family members, who are no involved in the political process, wanting to read this book.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements
VINE VOICEon December 4, 2011
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an excellent book for anyone wanting to get an understanding of radical libertarianism. What is most shocking is that based on the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution the majority of the founding fathers of the United States would agree with much of libertarians today.

Judge Napolitano examines the principle of Positivism, is a law right just because it is a law, or are there natural laws that all people have a right to? If one wishes to discover which nation offers the best protection of natural rights, one only needs to observe the direction of the flow of refugees.

Are the people the masters of the government or do citizens live to serve the government?

Business is done better in the private sector because they seek to maximize income and minimize costs, on the other hand the government seeks to maximize size and increase expenses.

Laws should be created only to protect and ensure personal freedoms and liberty, the federal government has no right to dictate intrusive laws that try to run our lives and businesses for "our own good".

Crimes with out victims should not be prosecuted. If prostitution and drugs are used between consensual adults, there is no victim.

The biggest problem with government interference in the business and life of citizens is the unintended consequences.

Set the minimum wage at $7.25, all the government has done is make everyone with skills below that price unemployable. Businesses will not hire these people. While it may be hard for middle class Americans to believe this, it is true. I run a business, $5 an hour could change some people's life's that can not find a job, but more importantly get their foot in the door to develop skills at an entry level.

The government tries to protect part-time employees by passing laws that they must be given full time if they work over 30 hours, what happens? The part time associates only get 30 hours a week. This is just reality. A 25% pay cut because of a law to help them.

Bail out General Motors and Chrysler who did all the wrong thing in their businesses and you punish Ford Motors employees and investors who did all the right things but did not get the huge rewards they should have with the lack of American competition.

I agree with Judge Napolitano, government has no business trying to run our lives and businesses. That government is best that governs least.

That can't even manage themselves by fully reading legislation before it passes, balancing their own budget, or regulating the financial sector. Then they have the arrogance to think they know how to run the private sector? Give me a break.

This is an excellent book on the U.S Constitution and how it should be the law of the land providing liberty and justice for all people. Judge Napolitino is an expert on the subject and has written a clear concise book.
on November 28, 2011
This is for the kindle edition!

I got this e-book because I had heard comments about from my co-workers and as a lawyer I am always looking for a novel interpretation of the Constitution. With the Occupy Wall Street movement underway, there is certainly interest in the society right now on the subject of individual rights versus corporations and government.

Let me state right away, I have no specific political opinion about this book or its author. I merely read this book out of intellectual curiosity regarding the constitutional interpretation of rights by the author.

This book is dedicated to Ron Paul, so it does have direct relevance to the ongoing debates among Republicans and I found it interesting that the author, who can be seen frequently on FoxNews, seems to clearly side with one of the potential Republican candidates.

The main subject of the book, as can be guessed from the title, is the growth of government, which may not have been intended by the drafters of the constitution. The author is clearly disturbed by what he perceives as excess government and leaves no doubt that he wants to convince the reader that the current government has grown too much and this is not a good thing. While the constitution is certainly open for discussion and there will be plenty of scholars to point out that the government is not excessively large, the author does make some good and interesting points and includes references to back up his point of view.

The book is split up into 15 chapters, each dealing with a specific issue in which the author believes government is infringing on individual rights. The topics range from the right to bear arms and the right to privacy all the way to the how the constitution may have been circumvented to permit the US to enter war.

Overall, the book makes some interesting points that the reader is free to agree or disagree with. No matter how the reader views the eventual opinion of the author regarding the growth of government, the book certainly gives enough incentives to think about the constitution and what protections it entails for the individual.

Disclaimer: This book was provided to me for free through BookSneeze.com in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed are solely my own. This review does not constitute an advertisement of Booksneeze or the book itself.