5.0 out of 5 stars Headed for the Carlin/Hicks/Rock pantheon
4.8 stars

By far the best stand-up performance I've seen since Chris Rock's perfect Bigger And Blacker, this is one hour of extremely edgy yet somehow good-natured comedy. Tosh spares nothing and no one, least of all America in general. And he does it all so slyly, with that engaging grin and flashing eyes that say, yeah, you know I'm right, admit it...
Published on March 10, 2010 by K. Swanson

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh
Not bad but this stand up did not have me laughing out loud as much as I had hoped to.
Published 6 months ago by Danielle Gruberger

5.0 out of 5 stars Headed for the Carlin/Hicks/Rock pantheon, March 10, 2010
4.8 stars

The material here is twenty minutes longer than what the Comedy Chunnel shows from this dvd. They cut a lot of the best, most over the top bits, so it's a treat to see them here. What really distinguishes Tosh is the intelligence and subtlety of some of his lines. He's skewering all of us, and our selfish society, and does it with so much verve and bonhomie that you hardly notice how deep the cuts go.

I enjoy a comedian who can get straight to the heart of things, and Tosh is a master at that already on his first dvd. He's one of the few stand-ups I've seen in years who clearly has the goods in spades, and seems more interested in commenting on his version of the truth than getting easy laughs. He says things that seem so wrong at first, but one quickly realizes what's really wrong is how right he is about our complacency and prejudices.

His new show on CC, Tosh.0, is decent, but goes for easy laughs and is nowhere near as funny as this dvd and his earlier cd. Let's hope the tv stardom doesn't derail his excellent stand-up, and that he doesn't go the Rock route and release only one performance every five years. Truth is at a premium these days, and this guy is poised to be a prime conduit.

Absolutely recommended to any fan of Carlin, Pryor, Hicks, or Rock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and UN-PC!!!! Loved it!!!!, January 20, 2012
Just watched this free on Prime Instant Video and it was GREAT!!!! I have seen his Tosh.O show a couple times, but never thought that much of Tosh as a comedian. After this I am a HUGE fan. Everything he said was true, but offensive, which is ok. I think most people are too PC these days. It reminds me of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia", in that they say the things we are thinking, but are "ashamed" to say. I liked how he wasn't afraid to make fun of his crowd, and thought the jokes about the Midwest were hilarious (I live in Missouri). If you like shows like "Louie" or "It's Always Sunny", then you will LOVE this standup special. Give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest stand up I've seen., December 8, 2010
Francis Sinatra (Fullerton, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
First off, I would have to say that this type of humor isn't for all people. Daniel Tosh can be very crude. But if you like that type of humor, this special will not disappoint. For years, Eddie Murphy's RAW and Eddie Izzard's Dress To Kill were my two very favorite stand up specials. Now I would say Daniel Tosh's Completely Serious takes it's place at number 1. I've watched this special at least 10 times and I always laugh uncontrollably. It just never gets old!

5.0 out of 5 stars Killer Funny, August 9, 2012
This review is from: Daniel Tosh: Completely Serious [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This may be my favorite comedy album (DVD whatever) of all time. I have watched this over, and over and just laugh my ass off every time I play it. Tosh just has a way of putting forth jokes so quickly and to the point. Its like condensed comedy. Also, he is very blue and pokes fun at all racial stereotypes, etc. But the difference between a racist joke and a non racist joke is this; "is it funny". The answer is an overwhelming, yes.

But, if you can't take blue humor or jokes on the edge of civility (well mostly well outside of it) then you should skip it. But if you want funny, Daniel Tosh brings it in abundance. This show is a non-stop onslaught of smart humor. You just have to "get it". Many do, but some will not. Too bad for them because if you want your stomach to hurt from laughing, get this Blu-ray/DVD/MP3 however you do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daniel Tosh is FREAKIN hilarious!!, October 24, 2010
I have watched "Completely Serious" so many times I can't even remember. I laughed from the beginning to the end, and everything I watch it, it's still as funny as the first time. From plastic surgery (Is this happy? I orderd happy.), to google (my girlfriend is Asian for this joke) to wave runners, he keeps you laughing so hard. I highly recommend you buy this DVD, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite comedian!, October 27, 2014
M. Gariti (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daniel Tosh: Completely Serious [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
People who think he's "mean" don't get his comedic style. He's just so good at stating everything AS IF he were repulsive, and means it, that people get turned off...but that's a GOOD thing. He starts out with something you can totally identify with, delve a little deeper, push you past the point of "this is really icky, why did I ever laugh at that?," make you a bit uncomfortable for ever laughing, then closes with an explosive zinger that makes you laugh till it hurts! That's a HUGE reason that I'm so upset with all the "I watched for 10 minutes, then shut it off" reviews. Ten minutes is enough time to get you about 2/3 the way through joke #1, you still haven't seen the end of the joke that pulls everything together.

My next point is that in this special, he really doesn't go out of his way to emphasize THAT he's joking. Another GOOD thing. There's nothing less enjoyable than watching a good comedian, on the verge of being a great comedian, kill their show by sprinkling in, "Remember, this is a comedy show. I'm just kidding..." EVERY FIVE MINUTES! He doesn't, that's why his show has been on for 8+ seasons with no sign of stopping. I just hope he keeps going.

5.0 out of 5 stars D-Tosh at his best!, March 2, 2010
As random and sarcastic as he is, this uncensored DVD captures Daniel Tosh at the very top of his game! Filmed two years before the bombastic rise of his hit Comedy Central series, "Tosh.0", he is given a mic, an hour of CC air time, and the green light to speak his thought-out, insane mind. Definitely a must-buy for any fan of comedy, :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Daniel Tosh keeps it fresh and funny., June 21, 2007
T. Cash (Champaign, IL) - See all my reviews
I've seen Daniel Tosh on Comedy Central presents, bought his album, then saw him live in Chicago in April. There's still LOADS of material on this special that I hadn't heard yet. After everything, he still has me laughing off my chair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, January 20, 2012
This is so amazing, I did like it better than happy thoughts. Just because you don't find him funny, doesn't mean he isn't, someone you know will find this funny. Would recommend for anyone, unless you can't sit back and just laugh away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Serious About Laughing, November 12, 2011
This one is a Tosh Classic. He hadn't made the big time just yet (with his popular comical blogging review show: Tosh.0), but he had a lot to talk about. If you become offended at all during the course of this stand-up classic, Mr. Tosh has done his job well. At minimum, you'll accidentally learn something.

Daniel Tosh: Completely Serious [Blu-ray]
Daniel Tosh: Completely Serious [Blu-ray] by Manny Rodriguez (Blu-ray - 2011)
$17.97 $16.17