Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Daniel Wellington Men's 0106DW St. Mawes Stainless Steel Watch with Brown Band
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 10, 2016
I purchased one from Nordstrom but saw that Amazon had one for cheaper, so I thought I'd return the one from Nordstrom. According to the reviews, this item is authentic. Unfortunately, it is definitely not. I was able to compare the two. The fake one that I purchased from Amazon has a serial number, and Daniel Wellington engraved on the leather straps below "DW." The authentic one does not. The case is also different as you can see in the picture the authentic one had a white band and the fake one is brown and it flips up. If you're looking for a great dupe, you can't get any better than this! I will be returning mine though.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2015
This is definitely a decent looking watch but it's WAY overpriced for what it is. I'm a bit of a watch geek and I have a relatively small collection of watches. I received this one as as a gift. At the time I had never heard of Daniel Wellington but after doing a bit of research I found out there was a reason for that.

Daniel Wellington is not a watch company per se. Instead, they are a brand that is buying up cheap but decent looking watches from China and stamping their logo on them. They have very good marketing and do an excellent job of dressing these watches up and making them seem like a high end product. If you look at the about us section on their web page they also have a very fake sounding backstory to help hock their product. In reality, these are assembled in Asia for probably no more than $20-$30 and then turned around and sold for $200.

There are many Bauhaus style watches like this on the market. You can get very similar looking watches from reputable companies such as Orient, Citizen and Seiko for around the same price and they will be of much higher quality and come from watchmakers with a history in the industry and commitment to their craft.
22 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2015
Warning!!! The Daniel Wellington watch that I received is a replica, not the real one. The engraving of the watch is different from the real one. There is also a missing kit for the belt change!!!
on February 17, 2014
I am a fan of genuine leather and rose gold. I fell in love when I first saw this watch, though I have to wait a couple of weeks before getting it (I'm training myself not to buy impulsively, and there are plenty of designs to choose from). I wear it with almost any outfit and I can't count how many compliments I've received with it. The leather scratches very easily but it doesn't matter because it makes it more classic and genuine. It's not as common (in Hawaii, at least) unlike the Michael Kors watch that everyone's wearing. It's sophisticated, elegant, and timeless.
on April 7, 2015
This is the most beautiful watch I have ever owned
on April 11, 2015
Well crafted and elegant watch for men, leather strap feels very expensive but only time will tell how well it ages.
on July 22, 2015
This watch is seriously amazing looking, it feels great, and I love it very much. The seller emailed me before it arrived to make sure that there were no issues, and that I could get anything resolved quickly and easily if anything came up. The watch arrived about 2 days after I ordered it, and I'm so happy with my purchase!
on December 3, 2015
I am a young professional who is an avid fan of wearing and using a watch for any occasion. I've owned this watch for about one month now.

My use:
- I use this watch for both casual settings and formal settings.
- This watch goes great with a neutral-colored outfit
-- Top: grey, blue, or white top (shirt / sweater)
-- Bottom: dark blue jeans / jogger sweatpants
-- Shoes: these go best with a pair of light brown or cognac-colored shoes

Pros:
- Light: this watch is neither big or bulky.
- Stylish: this watch is great for any casual, semi-formal, or formal event. The classic design is very simple and won't detract from your overall outfit.
- Comfort: the leather pretty nice and does not seem like it will fade out easily, but only time will tell.

Cons:
- Cost: this watch may be a bit expensive for some (I bought it at $106). But for the classy look that it provides, I say the price is very reasonable and worth every buck, especially for the classy/expensive look that the watch portrays.
on February 17, 2015
If you like classic watches i will say go for it , I like it very much , only the strap holder feels little cheap .
on January 19, 2015
So I have been searching for a long time for a new watch. Funny enough I found this on a international airplane catalog. Im glad I tore out the page as I love the watch. It is nice and thin so it fits beneath the sleeves of my dress shirts which is an issue with thicker watches. It seems very high quality and keeps time well. I was a bit torn by the rose gold. After wearing it for a few weeks, I now like it. After two years without a watch because I couldn't find one I like, this is the one.