5.0 out of 5 stars They're Danner's..., June 25, 2013
Charlie Tango (Pacific Northwest Foothills) - See all my reviews
...what else needs to be stated?

Truth be told, I had to return my first set because one of them developed an unsightly flaw about the toe area. The flaw was such that a VERY thin layer of leather began peeling away creating an ugly, discolored area that couldn't be blended away with Danner's boot dressing or black boot polish. I've worn Danner's for years and have several pair for work and play and this is the first instance I've seen a layer of the leather peel away like this.

The good news is I contacted the "Mack's Prairie Wings" who I purchased them from on a weekend, and just in case I didn't hear from them in a timely manner (because of the weekend build up of emails companies get) I also contacted Danner in Portland Or. about the flaw. Mack's Prairie Wings never responded instead they quickly sent me a return label to send the boots in for replacement. Top notch attention service to Mack's Prairie Wings!!!

However, I sent the boots back to Portland as Danner responded to my email before I got my return label from Mack's Prairie Wings in my PO Box (I don't check my mail every day). When the boots landed in Portland Danner turned around and shipped out my replacements. I had them the following day and just in time for my next shift! These ones are holding up with no issues.

Thanks Danner. And Thank you Mack's Prairie Wings!

The boots are very light for duty boots and they wear comfortably as is expected for Danner boots. They're made right here at home by American labor and the company stands behind their boots. I'll be buying another pair when these are no longer suitable for inspection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, comfortable boots, January 9, 2012
These boots are like bank vaults for your feet!

They just exude sturdiness and good craftsmanship. They are well stitched, with no rough spots on the inside to irritate your feet.

The leather portion is easily cleaned and polished, and the Cordura portion is simple to brush off. The tread pattern on the Vibram soles has good grip, and is easy to clean out.

The fit is true to size. There is ample toe-box room, at least in the wide version I purchased. They are quite comfortable once broken in.

The Thinsulate insulation makes them very warm, especially with a good pair of wool socks. Perfect for working outside on those cold days.

Overall, I rate these five stars. Compared to the various other boots I've had in the past, these are on another level.

Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best boots known to man!, February 12, 2014
Danner boots in my opinion are some of the best boots on the planet, and these (Acadia) are made in the USA! That's huge for me! I am a police officer, and have worn Danner's since I was in the Marine Corps. They are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn, and have yet to find a pair that I don't like. I own approximately 9 pairs of different models, all for different purposes and conditions. These Acadia duty boots are to me the best boot for law enforcement. I buy the 200G because my feet are always cold, and they provide just a little more insulation and snugness. I have convinced most of new hire officers to try these boots instead of the cheap uncomfortable brands of duty boots, and most of them end up thanking me for turning them on to Danner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, July 30, 2013
If you need a military/uniform style boot that is comfortable and sturdy these are the ones to buy. The product and company are both fantastic and the boot is very versatile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, July 11, 2014
I've been using this product for over a decade and will continue to do so.

Danner Men's Acadia GTX Military Leather Boot