Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on October 9, 2013
I just got these and they are keepers. If interested in the Danner Striker Torrent GTX 8" and Magnum Stealth Force 6.0 Side Zip, read my reviews on those - I returned them. Based on some qualitative differences between this boot and the Danner Striker Torrent, I thought that I'd prefer the Striker Torrent, but not true. This boot is easy to put on, with our without the zipper, the YKK zipper is maligned by some reviewers are prone to breaking, but it travels easily and the gusset is generous. The laces are good quality, but longer than necessary. The selling point for these is all-day comfort. Amazing, feels supportive and yet so soft under heel. The boots move over hard surfaces easily without a rocker feel, like some boots with overly stiff soles. I expect these to feel hot because of the Goretex lining, but that's the trade off for waterproof. I will use these for backwoods use and for shooting sports.

10/22/2013 Update:
I've been wearing these daily for several weeks now and want to add a few comments:
1. Boots are easily removed by only unzipping, but I am untying the laces to put them back on.
2. Most comfortable boot I've ever worn - the high shaft feels very supportive on my leg and the insoles and soles are so comfortable.
3. No trouble with the YKK zippers.
4. Warm, but not uncomfortably hot, for all-day use at room temperature.
on January 10, 2015
Part of the boot is torn near the top between the zipper and eyelets. Very, very disappointed. Only had them for 2 months. If anyone from Danner sees this, feel free to get in touch with me to make this right.
review image
on August 14, 2014
I have owned Danner Boots exclusively for 4 years now. I won't trust my feet to any other boot.

I wear the non zipper version of this boot at work in a tree nursery, and most store bought boots are chewed up and destroyed in under a month. These last almost 2 years at a clip, and remain waterproof pretty much the entire time. For the physical kind of work I do, that is very impressive!

Typically, I own two at any one time. One that I keep clean and polished etc that I wear out on the town/hiking camping etc. And one pair for work that I beat the crap out of. Typically, this works perfectly, because by the time my work boots wear out, my other pair is broken in enough to be super comfy, but just getting scuffed up enough to need a new pair anyway.

I don't usually buy the zippered version, they last very well, but I find the non zippered version seems to hold up a little better over time.

The waterproofing on these boots is incredible, and goes almost all the way to the top of the boot. That is, you can put your foot in about 6 inches deep of water, and while some dampness will seep in through the goretex, your feet will stay nice and dry and if any water does get in, the gore tex will help dry them out nice and fast.

The soles are really good for most surfaces, and if you go hunting a lot, or just like to stay quiet on a nature walk, these boots soles aren't like hard rubber combat boots, they are softer (yet still very strong) and make little noise.

The boots are ultra light weight, and feel more like a hightop sneaker, but are as rugged as much heavier old school military style boots. Meaning you can hike more miles before getting fired.

The cushy inside lends itself to long hours on your feet (once they break in that is) So if you are on your feet all day like I am, your feet won't get so tired if you buy the right size.

This zippered version is nice if you ever need to sleep with your boots nearby, or on, because you can either take them off and put them on in seconds, or leave them on, but unzipped (so your feet can rest a bit), and zip them if you need them.

IMHO I wouldn't buy any other boot... these are perfect.
on April 24, 2014
I will say first of all, this is a decent pair of boots, but they tend to have some problems somewhat more than i'd like to expect.

I wear an 11/12 wide and its difficult sometimes to find a good fit- these ones did do the job,but I noticed some discrepancies. One of the main complaints on the AAFES website was that they don't shine well, this is true- they are a genuine work boot, and I have no problems with that.

One of the things I noticed however - after fading from lack of polishing they appeared to be a green black. as a leather worker this tells me these boots were originally the sage green variant and they just redyed them to meet the black description. If the dye was properly set they wouldn't turn this green after fading.

The other deficiency I noticed was that after awhile the inner lining worn down. I had to use moleskin to reinforce the areas where my heel had worn down in order to prevent painful chafing and blisters. Additionally, the rubber on the outside sole began cracking. All of this happened approx. right after six months after I purchased the boots.

Despite the continuous polishing and lack of reinforcement, I'm giving this a decent rating because its still a decent pair of boots for the money. I'm a building manager and am constantly walking 1-4 miles a day in the area I'm employed. I can go through a 150 dollar pair of new balance shoes in less than 4 months- so these held up for at least a bit. I just wish these held up to some of the Gortex combat boots I was issued when I was still in the military.
on February 5, 2016
Career Paramedic by trade; I wear these on my 24+ hour shifts. Very comfortable, side zips work well (haven't broken like other brands have by this point), they breathe well and seem to be durable. Traction is very good in snow/ice and muddy conditions considering the shallow lug tread. Great boot!
on March 28, 2016
Bad boot runs big and fell apart.... Rubber sole wears out fast. Eyelets for laces all came out. Laces broke after a month of use. Danners quality has gone down hill.... Look else where. I bought thorogood boots and they r less expensive and better quality
on March 10, 2016
I need additional arch support in any work boot I wear. The arch support may be fine for most. The boots don't require much break-in if any at all. I love the side zipper. I would absolutely buy another pair of these boots.
on February 19, 2016
My Son is an EMT and on his feet, in a variety of terrains, for 12 hour shifts and pulling double shifts at times. He needed boots that would protect his feet by providing enough comfort, balanced with support so that his feet do not become a liability rather than his asset. These boots have done just that...from the moment he put them on, there has been no blisters, no pain and especially no haste to get them off at the end of his shift. These are great boots and the one item any EMS responder cannot afford to "skimp" on.
on October 2, 2015
Out of the box they fit just as expected. Very short break in period, so I was able to go straight to work with them. I am on my feet for extended periods of time. I have also worn many different brands of boots from my time in the military and now as a police officer. They work for a whole shift (10 hours) as long as I am not solely standing. The boots overall weight was light compared to other boots I have tested. Based on the higher price tag I would have expected better for the details in the boot. The pull tab is too small, I ended up fashioning one out of 550 cord which does a much better job. Also had problems with them staying zipped up both prior to the 550 cord modification and after. I would not spend that kind of money for what I got again. This is still a way better product though than Bates or Rockys in my mind. I have a hard time justifying them over a pair of 5.11s especially when you weigh cost. My 5.11s were more comfortable too but did not last as long. My next pair will probably be LOWA GSG Revo GTXs or go back to the 5.11s, Great boot overall, and may work better for someone with different tastes.
on April 16, 2015
I have a feeling that if you ignore the zipper , and just use the laces, this would be I fine boot. However I wanted boots with a zipper to make them easier to put on. But with the zipper all the way open, they still didn't open wide enough for me to get my foot inside without completely unlacing the boots. It wasn't even close. So what's the point of the zipper? Life simply is not long enough to have to deal with all those laces every day.