5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hunting boots
First, let me say that I'm not a Marine and I really wasn't looking for any kind of combat boots when I stumbled across these. Here are the features I was looking for:
1) Had to be waterproof
2) Had to be available in size 15
3) I was looking for an uninsulated boot for spring/summer/fall in central Texas
4) Had to have a speed lace system since...
Published on March 15, 2010 by D. Matheny

1.0 out of 5 stars Ankle blister monster! Other Danners great
Given what this boot costs, it is THE WORST BOOT I'VE EVER OWNED. Don't be fooled by the "made in the USA" biggots who will settle for crap as long as it has a "USA" tag. I have bought different Danner boots, such as the Desert Tfx Mojave, and rate them as excellent. I also have other Danners, including the Desert Arcadia Mojave, Crater Rims, and their military...
Published 13 months ago by A. B. Barham

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hunting boots, March 15, 2010
1) Had to be waterproof
2) Had to be available in size 15
4) Had to have a speed lace system since putting on boots like these without speed laces is a serious pain

I already knew that Danner had a reputation for making great boots; so, I was originally looking at their stitchdown hunting boots. (To me, the stitchdown Vibram soles seem a lot more durable than the tennis-shoe style soles.) As I was looking at which stitchdown boots were available as a size 15, I stumbled across these Marine Temperate boots - which really turned out to be a stroke of good luck since they appeared to fit my needs perfectly and were less expensive than the models being marketed as hunting boots.

Anyway, last weekend I got to wear them out turkey hunting and they functioned flawlessly. They were very comfortable and gave good support to my feet and ankles. At this point I can't say enough good about them and I fully understand why the Marines would want to use a boot like this. These really are everything I was looking for in a warm weather hunting boot!

Over the 3 days of the hunt, I wore these boots during all waking hours since I wanted to make sure they were broken in as quickly as possible. Fortunately, the break-in went extremely well and I didn't end up with any painful foot issues - in fact; they were comfortable right from the start. I also verified that they are waterproof and have great traction. During the colder morning hours, I threw on a pair of warm socks and they kept my feet plenty warm - they were also fine in the afternoon when the temperature got up to the high 70s (You've gotta love Texas weather!).

The only thing I was worried about with these was the Marine logo imprinted on the sides of both boots. I fully support the military, but I don't want to come across like some kind of poser either. It turns out that the logo is so light it isn't noticeable at all - even when these boots are clean.

I realize that my size 15 foot really limits my selection when it comes to hunting boots; but I would still recommend these to anyone. I fully expect these boots to be a lifetime investment; which makes the price seem very reasonable.

I love that the Internet has made great boots like these available to people like me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing boots, December 10, 2010
This is the second pair of Danners I've purchased for use in my military speciality. Won't go back to the standard issue boots after wearing them. Fit excellent, extremely comfortable and the first pair lasted me four years with going on three combat deployments. My first pair were hot weather however where these are temperate weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars great boot, December 13, 2010
david d novak III (Petersburg, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Danner Men's Marine Temperate Military Boot (Apparel)
I live and work outdoors in central Indiana, I picked these boots because one of my friends in the Guard had always talked about how comfortable these boots were. When I had first put them on I was surprised that they are so comfortable they feel like tennis shoes but give you the support, traction and protection of a heavy boot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Run larger than normal sizes, August 22, 2013
This review is from: Danner Men's Marine Temperate Military Boot (Apparel)
Great military boot. Very rugged and comfortable from about the fifth wearing on. I have owned Danner boots since being in the Army during the '90s and have never been let down or disappointed. They wear well, last quite a long time (~2+ years) and look good in uniform. I'd recommend with the caveats of they do run about 1/2 size larger than normal US sizes (I wear size 12 in everything but this Danner boot which is comfortable at 11.5) and that they are a bit heavy, even the temperate model. Otherwise, very pleased with this boot design and longevity.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT BOOTS!, February 9, 2012
I am an avid hiker, hunter, outdoorsman and ex-military. The products I buy have to stand up to a lot of use and abuse (not intentional). Anyone that spends a lot of time in the mountains of the Northwest knows that climbing rocky terrain and trudging through wet valleys takes a toll on footwear. I have about 60 miles in the back country in these boots but they still look great. My normal hiking boots are higher-maintenance and look the worse for wear when I put on the same mileage. The Danner boots felt great right out of the box - unlike the break-in period of the military-issued boots when I served. They are very comfortable!

Pros: Comfortable, durable, size extra-wide, quick-lace, very adjustable.

Cons: Low arch support

I'd recommend these to people that put in a lot of time outdoors in rugged terrain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13, 2014
Very satisfied with product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot, short lifespan, July 8, 2014
Kurt Butler (Tuscaloosa, Alabama United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered this boot to use as my daily wear for work. I am in the USMC and this is one of the boots I can wear in uniform. In under a year it had blown a seam and cracked soles. I sent it in to Danner to get sewn up and resoled. They told me they couldn't' fix it as it was too damaged. I was hoping it would last me all 4 years of enlistment, but it didn't even last a whole year.

It was the most comfortable boot ive worn and i've worn every one of the few that we are allowed to wear in uniform. For the price though, I wish it had lasted longer and I don't think it was worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars so so so so good, June 17, 2014
that's what i want ,good looking ,duarable ,fit my feet size ,not too expensive ,so i like it so much ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Grunt Approved!, May 14, 2014
Man o man what a steal!! Got these awesome boots for just 117, in size 11.5. I have never worn a narrow size in boots, but for the prize, i had to go for it. Normally i'm a size 11 reg, so i figured a half size up in a narrow shouldn't be so bad. Man was i right! Boots fit great they do hug my feet but that's actually way better than having your feet sliding all over the inside of the boots. I've had them for about 10 days now and it only took me 3 days to break them in. My all time favorite boots are the Bates Rat boots which are here for a crazy steal of a prize! But these here are very similar and just as comfortable! I figure these boots where so cheap due to them being narrow, but if it worked for me i can almost assure you it will work for you; I've got flat feet, collapsed arch, tendinitis and have broken both my ankles numerous of times. For a cheaper prize its deff worth it!! well I'm more than satisfied with these boots, they fit great, break in time was fast, the material used was on point and from experience i know they will last a whiiiile! Ooorah

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Boots, May 12, 2014
BARBARA NEWMAN (pittsford, NY USA) - See all my reviews
These are worth the money. They out perform Timberlands 10 to 1. They are very high quality and extremely comfortable. I will only be buying these in the future

Danner Men's Marine Temperate Military Boot