5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says

Published on March 1, 2011 by Michelle T. Griffin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, May 7, 2011
This review is from: Danner Men's Quarry GTX 8" PT Boot (Apparel)
I work offshore in the oil industry and am very, Very rough on boots. I run through timber lands, red wings and the like usually within a year.my last pair of boots were timberlands, and they lasted less than 4 months. The waterproofing is a god send, not having to worry about getting my boots wet, and being able to simply focus on work is nice. The boots do take some breaking in, as my ankles were killing me from the stiff leather until we had about a week of rain to break them in. very solid boots, I don't worry about hurting my ankles or feet with these on, but that being said, protection comes at a cost, these things are heavy! I particularly enjoy that the boots can be sent in for repair and resoling, where a lot of other boots i have owned must be thrown away when the sole separates. I highly recommend this boot, just beware the break in time, weight, and the eyes are very rough on laces, I just had to get new laces as they both broke in the exact same spot, where the last eye goes up to the ankle. I plan on keeping these boots for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite work boot so far, January 19, 2011
This review is from: Danner Men's Quarry GTX 8" PT Boot (Apparel)
Normally I wear a 6" boot so it took me two or three days to get use to them. I bought these in august it is now january there isn't a day that I don't wear them! I have owned one other pair of danners and was happy with them. The only downfall is the price, just over 200 dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars 12/13, December 18, 2013
He typically wears a triple wide size 12, but, we ordered the double wide size 13. The 12 would PROBABLY have worked, but the 13 fits.
Very happy with the heel height, walking doesn't feel unnatural.
First thing he said when he put them on: wow, comfortable!
Not too stiff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not really waterproof, September 18, 2013
These boots are great other than that they don't actually keep my husband's feet dry - seem to leak at stitching around sole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built boot, January 19, 2013
I bought these boots for work this summer. I ended up breaking my ankle a month later so I was unable to test them for 3 months. Once I was back on my feet these proved to be very comfortable and durable. With the lack of strength in my ankle after couching it for 3 months I was very pleased with the side support they offered. I own a firewood company so I'm always walking in the pile and wearing out boots often. Before I bought these I was looking at all the high end boot makers . I know these are made in china but they are "rebuild-able" though Danner here in the US. They offer everything the other makers offer with about a third savings. Every cent counts these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best boot on the planet!, January 24, 2013
I got turned on to these boots about 4 years ago and will never turn back. The last pair lasted me 3 years of everyday use and I am not easy on my boots. They truly are amazing!

2.0 out of 5 stars COLD WET FEET, March 1, 2011
This review is from: Danner Men's Quarry GTX 8" PT Boot (Apparel)
First purchased the boots in Nov.2010 wore them around the house and out. Loved them they were great then, figured all was well and wore them to work. First day at work was a 31 degree snow,slush,and rain storm. My feet were so wet at the end of this 12 hour day that i might as well have had a pair of wal-mart boots on. The Quarry boots are now in the process of being returned to the manufacturer. With no word as to what the company is going to do for me. This bothers me greatly as I own three pairs of Irish setters Elk Trackers with no water problems, and two pairs of Georgia loggers that have never gave me any trouble. These Danners were described to be able to out perform the other two boots listed above but they don't and the Danners cost $30-$50 more than the other two. I just hope this warns other people who have to work outside,for long hours, and in horrible conditions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 11, 2014
Great boot very well constructed. A little hard on the feet breaking in but overall comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Boot, July 8, 2014
The fit is a little snug, but I'm hopeful that it's only temporary. Seems to be good quality so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots !, March 22, 2014
I buy these boots because they don't require any break-in time. So comfortable. I bought the Super Rain Forest for $150 more and they killed my feet. I sent them back and bought another pair of these. I am a commercial Plumber and am very hard on my boots, and these boots take it. I buy them when the rainy season starts and they keep my feet dry through the winter no problem. Well worth the money. And I love Amazon Prime too ! 2 days and my boots are at my front door, so easy .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›