Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Danner Men's Rivot TFX 8" Tan GTX Work Boot
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 12, 2014
I bought these boots for the John Muir Trail this Summer. I wanted something that was light enough and I would not have to sacrifice all the things I love about a solid boot. Super durable, waterproof, protects your feet, ankle support, and won't destroy your feet after double digit miles in a day. This boot delivers on all those levels. Out of 7 people that did the whole JMT with us, only me and my brother did not have significant blistering or irritation. My brother was also wearing Danners, basically the hunter version of these called the Ridgemaster.

I will say the fit on these was a little large but I think that goes for most Danners. I got the same size previously in a pair of Explorer 6" boots (also a great boot) and it was a similar story. It ends up working out for me because I put in different insoles. Don't get me wrong, the TFX insole these come with is every bit as good as the superfeet insole I bought. My brother actually just wore his ridgemasters completely stock. Its just the Superfeet fit my foot a little better to this particular boot. I wonder if these could have been even better as a half size down but in the end, it was minimal break in to get these feeling great.

A couple small things that if may, alert the potential purchaser to. These are made in the US but they aren't recraftable like the full stitch-down construction boots. These boots are actually partially stitch-down and appear to be partially glued. No matter, the durability still seems fantastic around the edges although the toe cap did get some separation at the very top. This was only aesthetic though as the boot maintains its capabilities of being completely waterproof. I might add that despite its waterproofing, these boots are great for hot weather still. Cold, maybe not so much but that can be fixed with different socks.

A final warning is that I've had these boots for a few months and the there is definitely wear to the sole. The lugs and everything are still intact but they've gotten some heavy use. I find the wear on the sole completely understandable considering how many tough miles I put on this boot even in that short of time. It appears these Vibram lighter weight gum soles may wear faster than the typical black ones like on my Explorers. However, they do save a lot of weight which is really nice.

Overall, my application for this boot may be a little different then what most people purchase it for, but I think my experience with it proves the capabilities of this boot. This boot can perform at the highest level. In an age where people are switching to flimsy trail running shoes to hike with, it's good to know you can still buy a fantastic lightweight boot that will be comfortable and still keep your feet protected.
on February 27, 2015
The boot seemed well made, but what Danner considers a EE width is narrower than EE's I buy and wear from other brands. Specifically in the toe. I say that after trying this model, the Desert TFX, and the Crater Rim. All 3 were narrow in the toe. I am unable to offer a comprehensive review due to fit, but I thought this info might help someone else with a wide toe avoid buying and having to send them back.
on March 26, 2014
My fiance got me these boots for my birthday and I'll be wearing them for the next two birthdays, at least (should The Creator be so kind). I wear these boots almost everyday and I hike every weekend, 50/50 split between backcountry and blazed trails, and I feel like these boots are going to last a long, long time. Expensive, they are, but you will be getting your moneys worth with these boots as they are going to outlast 2/3 pairs of boots from Walmart (I know from experience) Just a heads up, these boots have no insulation, which is what I wanted because I plan on using these extensively during the late spring, summer and early fall here in VA.

p,s, I'm planning a 3 week hike through the Appalachian Trail, I will update this review if opinion changes for better or worse.
on July 6, 2016
First of all I think these boots are Good quality. Look like they are going to last a long time. I have used them for 4 months now, and these are the facts:

PROS:
-Perfect Waterproofing, been through some creeks, puddles, and no issue.
-Good quality materials and stitching.
-Good Overall weather boot, not hot in summer, not cold with good pair of socks.
-Good looking boots.

CONS
-Insole is trash. ( You will have to buy a good pair of insoles and replace, I recommend: SOFSOLES, GREEN FEET, etc.). When you have a bad insole, the vibram sole is no good. Changing the insole made the boots have a better comfort level.
-Ankle support is not good for rugged terrain. (Daily use on flat surfaces is no problem).
-When descending steep trails toes in front start to hurt in these boots.
-Feet do feel tired after walking trails ( 6+ miles).
-They run 1/2 a smaller .( Order 1/2 size larger than other brands) with seems to be just fine in d(m) for me.
-Price.

Generally I would say they are good boots, but for the price point they should not have gone cheap on the insoles and ankle support. I would NOT recommend these boots for long hikes, even less if it includes steep descents and rugged terrain. On the other hand I would recommend if you generally use on pavement, or flat terrain. BY THE WAY do not know why it says I bought them size 6 , I purchased a 11-1/2.
on May 10, 2015
Bought the tan pair for hiking in the Sierra Nevada Mountains during the Summer months. These boots provide enough support for a 10+ mile day hike in rocky terrain with moderate elevation gain. water proof, but not too hot even in the summer!
on November 22, 2015
Great Quality and Weight, My boyfriend loves them. He also loves that the weight of these boots are light and waterproof. I would definitely recommend these boots. They are a bit high in price. Overall though a great quality, lightweight, boot that works for any condition and lasts.
on September 14, 2015
All ways a good purchase, I work construction and they will hold up for 6-10 months depending on conditions, 10-12hrs a day 6 days a week. New ones feel like walking on a pile of baby ducks. Been using Danner for 6 years. I suggest the US made ones to support our economy.
on June 23, 2015
Typical of what I have come to expect from Danner. Fit perfectly right out of the box. Feels like I have been wearing them for years. Lightweight, (important in a size 12 EE boot) and comfortable. Made in the USA! That alone is worth the price to me.
on March 25, 2014
It's everything I expected. The only thing I can maybe say, is the color of tan on the boot is very light. The boot is almost white.
on November 28, 2014
I've searched for boots for over a month now. I have very large feet (size 15) so finding comfortable boots is usually out of the question. It's usually just whatever fits. Not only do these fit better than ANY boots i've owned, they are insanely comfortable! Highly recommend them to anyone on their feet alot. I have very flat feet and these don't bother me at all.