5.0 out of 5 stars Bad mold on left foot, but still a great boot
We (husband and wife) each bought a pair. Both pairs hurt our left feet at exactly the same spot above the heel and required a lot of leather softener to break in. The right fit great and broke in quickly. Otherwise, great boot and great traction on slippery steep shale and mossy rock. Extremely well made, should last for many years with proper care.
Published 6 months ago by BRIAN

1.0 out of 5 stars The shoe size is measured by men's feet!
The size of the shoe is incorrect.It measured by men's feet!
And this shoe is a gift I give to my friend.I don't know the wrong size until one year later.This really let me look bad in front of my friend!
Published 1 month ago by shang

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad mold on left foot, but still a great boot, June 8, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Hiking Boots, July 23, 2014
I had a pair of Danner's as a child growing up in Germany. At the time, the popular style was a light brushed suede with red laces. (I wish they still made them like that.) I never had another pair once I grew out of them, but remember how well they held up from running wild on the army base where I lived to long volksmarches through muddy cornfields and rocky mountain trails. Thankfully the quality of my new pair aligns with my memories of the pair from my childhood. I have narrow feet, so these fit very much true to size. The support is perfect. I'm still going through the breaking-in phase with hikes under 5 miles, but so far so good. The included arch supports are very helpful for me and have minimized the achilles rub in the process. I expect to own and use these for a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL BOOTS BUT NOT A PERFECT FIT, October 29, 2013
I have normal 7.5 feet in footwear,
And was sorry that these boots were
Not a perfect fit. The boots seem to run wide,
and my feet slip in them. Since the boots are so well constructed, and the price was a bargain with a Amazon sale, I kept them.I am making them fit with double socks. There are not many options for women's waterproof boots made in the USA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding quality - handcrafted in America, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Danner Women's Mountain Light II Outdoor Boot (Apparel)
Since I toured the Danner manufacturing plant in Portland, Oregon 3 years ago, I've had my eye to buy myself a pair of Danner's exceptionally high quality, American hand-made boots. Yes, they are literally cut, sewn, and constructed by real American workers! Last month, I finally decided on the Danner Mountain Light II Outdoor boot. I've had them for a few weeks now and have worn them repeatedly. They are Goretex lined, so they are quite warm. Maybe too warm for summertime? The footbed is extremely comfortable and even after all day of wear, my feet don't feel tired. The leather is full-grain so as a previous reviewer said, they do require a little breaking in. For me, this means if the ankle is laced too tight, the leather there doesn't flex easily so it's a little unforgiving right now. (I have no problem whatsoever with the size of the ankle opening, and I consider my ankles to be average-size.) With time, I know this will give more and conform to my foot like it was made just for me. The Vibram Kletterlift sole is very versatile on all sorts of surfaces and it can be re-soled when I wear down the heel. Unlike a previous reviewer, I think these are quite fashionable with my dark wash jeans. I just got a compliment on them today from a friend of mine far more young and trendy than me! These are also popular with twenty-something guys; tough-chic is making a comeback! I haven't been so happy with a new pair of "casual" footwear in a long time. Cool, tough, versatile, and quality boots that are hand-made in America. I don't regret this purchase at all. (Caution: Some Danner footwear is made overseas; for Portland, OR-made footwear, look for Made in the USA in the description or on a flag sewn to the outside of the ankle on the boot.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, December 4, 2012
Love these boots! I didn't have any of the problems others mentioned. They aren't too narrow or uncomfortable around the ankles. They will need a breaking-in period, but that is to be expected with quality boots. Would absolutely recommend purchasing.

1.0 out of 5 stars The shoe size is measured by men's feet!, November 22, 2014
The size of the shoe is incorrect.It measured by men's feet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots!, December 9, 2014
Anniefletch (Attleboro, MA USA) - See all my reviews
They need some breaking in at the top, but the foot bed itself is perfect. They were not wide at all. I'm looking forward to enjoying many hikes in these boots!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful & classic Made In USA Hiking Boots, October 13, 2011
This review is from: Danner Women's Mountain Light II Outdoor Boot (Apparel)
These are just the best hiking boots out there in my opinion. Extremely well made in the USA, short break-in period and last for years. Sure, they're a bit more expensive than the Chinese sweatshop boots, but they are bombproof & supremely comfortable. I think they have made this style for many years as they are a classic that never goes out of style!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these boots!, April 20, 2011
We just purchased property in Arkansas, and I've used these boots a lot. They are comfortable (the heal inserts that came with the boots make a lot of difference).

I'm a Danner boots gal from way back - my last pair lasted 30 years of VERY hard wear, and still only wore out because I stopped treating the leather - my bad entirely - and I'm excited to have this beautiful new pair that will last forever, if properly cared for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good timing!, January 8, 2014
Bought these because of owning a pair in the '70's that lasted for many backpacking and global treks. They are heavier than than my goretex Timberlines that have give warmth and comfort, but proved their functionality during this last snow/freeze. Very glad to have them since they trek nicely in snow and more rugged terrain. There is a stiffness that should ease up with wear. All in all still a great boot that manages to look better than you think.

Danner Women's Mountain Light II Outdoor Boot